It pains me to say this but....

40 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Don't get it - in doing why we've decided not sell advertising, shirt sponsorship etc

Don't think any of us get in in fairness mate. It's all a very confusing mess. Maybe we'll get an insight tomorrow.

Just now, 109Waddle said:

Leeds will bottle it again. Don’t forget they and sufc were near the top of the league at the start of last season and look where they finished. Remember a few people on here creaming over them and wilder this time last season too.

Oops lol

13 minutes ago, RichSheffWeds said:

Leeds sold their star midfielder for £7.7m this summer too.

And their chairman gave an interview about it where he was extremely open and honest about it and came across really well, "if" Bannan or Forestieri go this week will we get the same? Doubt it.

I am no lover of Leeds, in fact I prefer the red piggies to Leeds. But they both look as though they know what they are doing commercially and we do not compare well with them. Whether they end up succeeding on the pitch we will see. 

There are are all the hallmarks of 1997-2000 at Hillsborough. We have seriously overspent on average players who have not fitted in and not delivered. And this has driven up the wage bill for our good players. 

That is where FFP really comes in and it is the club’s fault. Whether it is FFP or the Chairman running out of cash I don’t know. But we seem to have taken the route of making things expensive rather than going for volume which I believe is a massive mistake. £90 for club membership to get £5 off a match ticket and cheap replica shirts which do not compare well with Nike or Adidas but still on sale at £59.99 and OTD tickets equalling the most expensive in our league. 

1 hour ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Just watching Leeds...

Ground full, replica shirts galore, proper shirt sponsor, advertising boards constantly rotating proper sponsors.

Forgetting the football and the fact this season they have hired a proper manager and spent some money- why have we chosen to go down such a different route re all the above?

Streets ahead

28 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

????

I'm.asking why/how they've  managed to.sell all their tickets and advertising space and shirt sponsorship - and why weve decided to either make our prices so prohibitive or not try (e.g. 'sell'it to Chansiri and his brands)

I'm curious as to whether DC has injected the kind of revenues via this route that Leeds are raking in. If he has then fair play- that would explain everything 're D Taxis etc-  A lot of people are presuming this is what the brands are all about, and I'm wondering if it's reflected in the accounts.

Nothing to do with what they've spent on the pitch.

I'm wondering if the EFL legal people have seen straight through D Taxis, Elev 8 ,BK latex etc etc!!

Just now, Andoverowl said:

I'm wondering if the EFL legal people have seen straight through D Taxis, Elev 8 ,BK latex etc etc!!

To be fair, DC has definitely tried to actually create legitimate business out of both Elev8 and D Taxis. They just haven't materialised yet due to a few teething troubles.

That's my understanding of it anyway.

Not sure about BK Latex- isn't that some sort of balloon company?

• Thanks 1