It pains me to say this but....

Stoke are making scum look like Real Madrid! They won’t challenge, scum! Liam Cooper and Berardi at centre half and Philips and Klich in the middle. It’s about as bad as it gets in the championship. There is plenty of movement from their attacking players tho.

As 'first game of the season' performances go, Leeds look organised, aggressive, fluent, confident and full of individual flair. Looking at our performance against Wigan, we showed none of these qualities often enough for long enough. Early season or not, it's disheartening. 

3 minutes ago, sirlawrenceofmadden said:

Brexit will be a disaster for us all, but I don’t think this is the cause of our issues  

Anyway, keep politics our out of football!

Keep politics out of football but I’ll just add my two pennorth to keep it going. The irony 

32 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Just watching Leeds...

Ground full, replica shirts galore, proper shirt sponsor, advertising boards constantly rotating proper sponsors.

Forgetting the football and the fact this season they have hired a proper manager and spent some money- why have we chosen to go down such a different route re all the above?

Spent heavily, just like we did 

34 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Just watching Leeds...

Ground full, replica shirts galore, proper shirt sponsor, advertising boards constantly rotating proper sponsors.

Forgetting the football and the fact this season they have hired a proper manager and spent some money- why have we chosen to go down such a different route re all the above?

Because they have a chairman who isn't a useless waste of space?

35 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Just watching Leeds...

Incompetence?

1 minute ago, Fantham Man said:

As 'first game of the season' performances go, Leeds look organised, aggressive, fluent, confident and full of individual flair. Looking at our performance against Wigan, we showed none of these qualities often enough for long enough. Early season or not, it's disheartening. 

Couldn't agree more - the very least you would expect following a full pre-season - fit, organised, energised  full of enthusiasm what a difference

2 minutes ago, owlinexile said:

Because they have a chairman who isn't a useless waste of space?

They did what I think we should probably do. Sell star players for top rates, make a profit and go again. 

Wonder what meltdown down be like on here if Fessi gets sold like Woods did? 

6 minutes ago, Fantham Man said:

They looked world beaters in August last year 

Just now, Philb125 said:

They did what I think we should probably do. Sell star players for top rates, make a profit and go again. 

Wonder what meltdown down be like on here if Fessi gets sold like Woods did? 

Too late in the window to sell Fessi and re-invest - if we were going down this route we should have done it as soon as the window opened

10 minutes ago, pgmetcalf said:

Spent heavily, just like we did 

????

I'm.asking why/how they've  managed to.sell all their tickets and advertising space and shirt sponsorship - and why weve decided to either make our prices so prohibitive or not try (e.g. 'sell'it to Chansiri and his brands)

I'm curious as to whether DC has injected the kind of revenues via this route that Leeds are raking in. If he has then fair play- that would explain everything 're D Taxis etc-  A lot of people are presuming this is what the brands are all about, and I'm wondering if it's reflected in the accounts.

Nothing to do with what they've spent on the pitch.

Edited by RUMBELOWS91

43 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Just watching Leeds...

Yeah , but they are STILL dirty L***s . They cant change that fact .

Leeds have had their rough times too. 

They watched us make the play offs twice, signing Forestieri when they wanted him, whilst they missed out on the play offs and haven't reached them in ages. 

Now they seem to be on the up, whilst we're struggling. Still think Biesla will walk half way through the season though.

6 minutes ago, leicesterowl said:

Too late in the window to sell Fessi and re-invest - if we were going down this route we should have done it as soon as the window opened

Who said reinvest? People were championing what Leeds had done, sold key players in two windows making a profit without reinvesting then go again. 

46 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Just watching Leeds...

They are also playing attacking pressing football, can't understand why we've gone down a different route to this either .