It pains me to say this but....

Just watching Leeds...

Ground full, replica shirts galore, proper shirt sponsor, advertising boards constantly rotating proper sponsors.

Forgetting the football and the fact this season they have hired a proper manager and spent some money- why have we chosen to go down such a different route re all the above?

4 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Just watching Leeds...

Ground full, replica shirts galore, proper shirt sponsor, advertising boards constantly rotating proper sponsors.

Forgetting the football and the fact this season they have hired a proper manager and spent some money- why have we chosen to go down such a different route re all the above?

Leeds really aren't the best example given their recent history in relation to their varied owners and the fact they are a bigger name than us anyway.

Look at Derby maybe and how they do things.

5 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Just watching Leeds...

To be fair we don't stack up well compared to anybody. No point sugar coating it.

There is no aspect of the club, no KPI, no commercial, community or engagement area, where I can honestly say we are close to achieving what we should be.

Dirty Leeds are still Dirty Leeds though, and I'd take us at our lowest ebb above those classless scrubbers.

6 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

Leeds really aren't the best example given their recent history in relation to their varied owners and the fact they are a bigger name than us anyway.

Look at Derby maybe and how they do things.

I know they're a bigger name, but wouldn't that just mean they demand a bigger fee for sponsorship, ads etc. I'd it really so different that we are better off taking in hardly any revenue- or has Chansiri really stumped up cash for All the ads around the ground?

Does if show in the accounts anywhere what he's paid fo r all the D Taxi, Elev8 ads etc? Genuinely curious if anyone has looked close enough?

6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Ken Bates stopped the BBC Commentaries at Leeds United and brought it inhouse to the Leeds United digital team

(it didn't work btw)

That was sort of my point.  Leeds fans have been through some reyt poo these past few years to arrive at what is currently being quoted as a comparison.

Did the chairman ever refund the money re. the playoff guarantee to st holders that season btw? Will have a look...

2 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

I know they're a bigger name, but wouldn't that just mean they demand a bigger fee for sponsorship, ads etc. I'd it really so different that we are better off taking in hardly any revenue- or has Chansiri really stumped up cash for All the ads around the ground?

Does if show in the accounts anywhere what he's paid fo r all the D Taxi, Elev8 ads etc? Genuinely curious if anyone has looked close enough?

32red pay Leeds 400k a season over a 3 year deal 1.2m ,

DC as put in the same amount ...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Me too re. our current corporate and sponsorship side.

Re. Leeds in general since Bates came in, and those after him, they really have had to put up with some pretty mad stuff continuously.

8 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

That was sort of my point.  Leeds fans have been through some reyt poo these past few years to arrive at what is currently being quoted as a comparison.

Did the chairman ever refund the money re. the playoff guarantee to st holders that season btw? Will have a look...

They got 25% refund.