Dingle Mick

5 hours ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

Time to go and get Dingle Mick to sort this s***show out before someone else does.

I feel sorry for Jos, he has been dealt a bad hand, but I think it will become evident over the coming months he isn't up to this standard. The fact he has had all summer to work with a near full fit squad, yet we came out against Wigan looking so disjointed worries me massively. It isn't just that some of the players obviously aren't up to the standard required (Palmer, Pelu, JVA etc), the whole formation and game plan was bizarre. 

DC needs to chill out and let a man come in and run the team properly. Dingle Mick would have no issues with a squad like this. He consistently got Ipswich in the top half / playoffs with a small budget and a bang average team. 

It won't be pretty football, but let's be honest, it's been crap to watch for over 18 months now. Go and get him. 

And the fans hated him and wanted him out due to the dire football.

Can't see Wednesday fans being patient with him.  

Unfortunately imo we wouldn’t get anyone with a half decent record in the English game to come and manage us with the state of things behind the scenes. The reports in the media and the things coming out of the club are making us look like a very poor club to support and work for. 

No good just changing the manager, it's the whole structure at the top of the pyramid that seems off. I see people on other threads saying that Howard Wilkinson (a football man) should have been approached when Mr Chansiri took over. We actually had a decent man in Glenn Roeder at the club with Pearson (a football businessman) also appointed but that deteriorated before it even began. I don't think the chairman appreciates anyone else getting involved in his club and therefore Mick McCarthy won't be appointed because he has his own opinion.

I we were to go down this route, it would have to happen 6 weeks ago

Sell Fernando & Westwood for £15mil and let someone with knowledge of our lower leagues, bring in 5 cheap signings / loans

If we couldn't get £15mil for the above two, it wouldn't be worth going down this (hypothetical) route

1 hour ago, Hughdowd said:

Apparently McCarthy said on sky yesterday....”You can have average footballers...but if you create a siege mentality..thinking everyone’s against you...you can use this to take you far “....isn’t that exactly what we need now ???

Well we've certainly got the average footballers.Thats a fact.

The sad reality is he would give the job back to Carlos before anyone else, Especially ahead of someone like Mick who knows the league inside out.

DC is clueless about football, Even more clueless about how the people of Sheffield feel about their club.

22 minutes ago, Ash-Williams said:

The sad reality is he would give the job back to Carlos before anyone else, Especially ahead of someone like Mick who knows the league inside out.

DC is clueless about football, Even more clueless about how the people of Sheffield feel about their club.

Totally agree.in every aspect chansiri don't understand the fans and the football business. Chansiri wants a yes man.  He would never tough Mick even though for next 2 years he would be the best man to guide us out a this mess.