Westwood or Dawson as No.1?

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
12 minutes ago, Ronio said:

As per the title, who should be No.1?  

Dawson for me. He's the future and sounds like financially we need to shed Westwood too. Also worth considering that Westwood was not up to his previous standards before his lengthy lay-off. We don't really know whether he's back to his best or will be. Regrettably I can understand why we might cash in.

12 minutes ago, eddyowl123 said:

Why is Wildsmith not an option? He’s my choice, assuming Westwood is off.

Wildsmith is an option, if that's who fans want.  

I really should have put Joe Wildsmith in there to be honest.  Make it a fair question to all three keepers on the books. 

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
13 minutes ago, eddyowl123 said:

Why is Wildsmith not an option? He’s my choice, assuming Westwood is off.

Fair comment. Tight between him and Dawson

Dawson looks a good goalie and I think will stay as number 1.

westwood has been a great goalie for us when fit. I have played in front of plenty of goalies, the best ones have always been complete gits and the bad ones nice as pie. You want your goalie to be a swine, a real arrogant so and so. Westwood is that goalie by all accounts, Dawson will need to learn how to become that as part of his development. 

Having watched them highlights back Dawson seems out of depth liability at times I believe Westwood would have prevented Atleast 2 of them goals. Then the header that hit bar Dawson didn’t look interested. Sorry if wrong but if Westwood is going I’d sooner have Wildsmith