Van Aken 3

Pudil 4

Reach 4

Pelupessy 5

Bannan 5

Hutchinson 4

Forestieri 5

Nuhiu 4

We could have snatched a draw if Reach had decided to pull the trigger rather than bottling it and leaving it to the clearly offside Fletcher, but it truth we barely deserved a point.

Positives are that it wasn't quite as bad as Preston last year, and we did look threatening when Joao came on and the Wigan defenders realised they'd have to do some defending, but Wigan are no great shakes.

Thought Nuhiu's second yellow was harsh - he just went up for a header - but it had been coming as he was losing his rag.

We've got big big problems at the back. We've got two keepers with a lot of potential, but losing Westwood will be a huge blow. He's a cut above.

Onto the back five, and I could be a while. Palmer is simply not good enough. We've known it for years, we've known it all pre-season. 

Wigan pinpointed him as our weak link and took full advantage. Depressing that we can't remedy it - there's no-one else to come in.

Tom Lees is a central defender and needs to play there - not right sided CB. 

Van Aken was appalling, couldn't win a header, a tackle or make a pass. 

Pudil might be this season's Loovens i'm afraid, it was painful how slow he was at times.

God knows what the plan was with Sam Hutchinson today. Until he dropped back to CB he was playing as a false 9. Utterly bizarre. Get him back in defence alongside Lees. 

Pelupessy works his socks off but i'm not sure if he's any better than Semedo.

Reach looks lost at LWB - which is strange as you'd think that was his ideal position. Looked sluggish all season and carried it on today.

At least we have the option to put Boyd there and move Reach into the middle - we don't have that 'luxury' on the right.

Bannan was his usual busy self, but there were a few misplaced passes, including the one that led to their third goal. 

Forestieri was off it and looked dejected until Joao came on and we had a bit of pace up top.

All in all another disjointed performance where we were lacking in pace and strength - attributes Wigan had bundles of. 

At least we did give it a go at times, coming out of Deepdale last year felt infinitely worse.

Going forward, I think we can and will improve, but only if we change certain things - i.e Lees at CB, Hutchinson at RCB and maybe Reach back in the middle. 

Hooper and Kieran Lee returning wouldnt be a bad thing either...

• Thanks 6

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
13 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

Same as under Carlos. All players being played in strange positions and out of shape. This team wasn't constructed with purpose. It was thrown together without much thought. 

Carlos had the advantage of bringing players in. Basically only outgoings for Jos.

If people don't rate Jos it's worth asking who the hell would fancy the job at the moment? Let's face it currently most outsiders would see it as a poisoned chalice.

Very generous. Going down if we continue like that. So vulnerable at the back it’s flipping unreal. We can’t play with wing backs who clearly aren’t wing backs... not slating reach or Palmer but that’s not there positions and it showed. Pessy was poor too. 

Positives are Bannan and fessi, Joao looked dangerous and Fletcher for all of 2mins looked ok. 

Bout it. 

20 minutes ago, KivoOwl said:

Dawson 4

Palmer 4

Lees 6

Van Aken 3

Pudil 4

Reach 5

Pelupessy 5

Bannan 5

Hutchinson 4

Forestieri 5

Nuhiu 4

Dawson 5

Palmer 5

Lees 6

Van Aken 4

Pudil 6

Reach 5

Pelupessy 5

Bannan 6

Hutchinson 4

Forestieri 6

Nuhiu 5

Edited by RUMBELOWS91

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
12 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Last 30 mins was excellent. Only don't get a point from that from awful finishing.

It's not great of course, but not as bad as the bedwetters are making out.

Good to hear a more upbeat viewpoint.

Would have upticked you but for the bedwetters bit.

20 minutes ago, KivoOwl said:

Dawson 4

Palmer 4

Lees 6

Van Aken 3

Pudil 4

Reach 4

Pelupessy 5

Bannan 5

Hutchinson 4

Forestieri 5

Nuhiu 4

We could have snatched a draw if Reach had decided to pull the trigger rather than bottling it and leaving it to the clearly offside Fletcher, but it truth we barely deserved a point.

Positives are that it wasn't quite as bad as Preston last year, and we did look threatening when Joao came on and the Wigan defenders realised they'd have to do some defending, but Wigan are no great shakes.

Thought Nuhiu's second yellow was harsh - he just went up for a header - but it had been coming as he was losing his rag.

We've got big big problems at the back. We've got two keepers with a lot of potential, but losing Westwood will be a huge blow. He's a cut above.

Onto the back five, and I could be a while. Palmer is simply not good enough. We've known it for years, we've known it all pre-season. 

Wigan pinpointed him as our weak link and took full advantage. Depressing that we can't remedy it - there's no-one else to come in.

Tom Lees is a central defender and needs to play there - not right sided CB. 

Van Aken was appalling, couldn't win a header, a tackle or make a pass. 

Pudil might be this season's Loovens i'm afraid, it was painful how slow he was at times.

God knows what the plan was with Sam Hutchinson today. Until he dropped back to CB he was playing as a false 9. Utterly bizarre. Get him back in defence alongside Lees. 

Pelupessy works his socks off but i'm not sure if he's any better than Semedo.

Reach looks lost at LWB - which is strange as you'd think that was his ideal position. Looked sluggish all season and carried it on today.

At least we have the option to put Boyd there and move Reach into the middle - we don't have that 'luxury' on the right.

Bannan was his usual busy self, but there were a few misplaced passes, including the one that led to their third goal. 

Forestieri was off it and looked dejected until Joao came on and we had a bit of pace up top.

All in all another disjointed performance where we were lacking in pace and strength - attributes Wigan had bundles of. 

At least we did give it a go at times, coming out of Deepdale last year felt infinitely worse.

Going forward, I think we can and will improve, but only if we change certain things - i.e Lees at CB, Hutchinson at RCB and maybe Reach back in the middle. 

Hooper and Kieran Lee returning wouldnt be a bad thing either...

Sad looking at those ratings spot on assessment though

First question Monday night: Why isn’t Westwood playing? Confident defending relies on the fact that you have a good pair of hands behind you, and that above that pair of hands there is a big, loud gob organising defenders/ players for set pieces etc. Not sure these promising young keepers are dominating their space enough.