Atdhe Nuhiu Red Card

21 hours ago, DidOwl said:

The man is enigmatic; quite brilliant at times (last season), and clearly a respected team player. But he does have a brain/foot co-ordination issue and plays like a donkey at times.  He needs to quickly develop some self discipline - or leave.

His first ever red card for swfc i believe,aye learn your discipline adthe.

21 hours ago, DidOwl said:

The man is enigmatic; quite brilliant at times (last season), and clearly a respected team player. But he does have a brain/foot co-ordination issue and plays like a donkey at times.  He needs to quickly develop some self discipline - or leave.

This is the first red card of his career.

I'd say his self discipline is generally sound.

Am I going mad? I seem to be the only person who saw his second yellow card as clearly being for deliberate handball for punching the ball. Yet everybody else reports it as a push/shove/elbow on the defender and the handball isn't clear on the TV picture angle. Can anybody else who was there confirm the handball? 

22 hours ago, zzmdu said:

Despite his goal, I wasn't that disappointed with the red card.

Will force Jo's to start Joao. With no cash; we really need to give Joao a real go.

Seeing nuhiu starting ahead of Joao has irritated me for 2 seasons. Can't bear another season of it.

Enjoy them both mate. 

They will get shedloads of game-time this season. Nuhiu’s 10 goals on 8 starts is off the scale and rightly guarantees him a start. Joao should be starting too. 

Lucas will start next game due to the red, hopefully in a 3 man attack this time.

42 minutes ago, alanharper said:

Am I going mad? I seem to be the only person who saw his second yellow card as clearly being for deliberate handball for punching the ball. Yet everybody else reports it as a push/shove/elbow on the defender and the handball isn't clear on the TV picture angle. Can anybody else who was there confirm the handball? 

I’m going mad too. I was there and I thought it was for a little kick on the player  whilst on the floor, kind of dragging his foot past him accidentally on purpose. Sorry I’ve been no help at all have I?

Ref was Tim Robinson. Four fouls on FF in first 18 minutes, no bookings. His last action of the game was to send Atdhe off, then he handed over to the fourth official with a smirk on his face saying "Job done". Atdhe had a white vest on under his shirt, every time their defenders pulled his shirt you could see it clearly, well, everyone saw it except Robinson.

4 hours ago, alanharper said:

I had a very similar view ....clearly went to punch the ball but I thought he might have missed it (no surprise there!) and punched the player in the head......either way, connect with the ball or the head and it's a 2nd yellow or straight red

4 hours ago, alanharper said:

I thought the first yellow was a straight red for what looked like a forearm smash.

Not sure about the 2nd yellow. Their bloke hit the deck, but I was watching where the ball went. Expecting another quick break away!

5 hours ago, alanharper said:

He elbowed two of their players in the head basically. Don't think it was for a deliberate handball the 2nd one.

He got what he deserved. He was fouling all through the game. How can we ever get any momentum when people like Nuihu, bannsn, pudl and Hutchinson run around kicking everyone throughout the match. Out matches always have so many extra minutes added because we continually foul. 

We are better off without Nuihu. He's a liability. He's a ball chaser. He's not a nasty over the top player like Hutchinson, he's just very enthusiastic and totally untalented. 

As I said on Saturday. I hope the gets a 45 match ban and does us all a favour. 

At least he tries and is prepared to run around. The rest of our team simply aren't interested in putting any effort in. That is evident every match. 

Then again if our players did what Nuihu does we'd have every match abandoned. 

Fair or not it’s no big deal. He misses one match, at home to Hull. If missing one player for that match is a crisis then boy are we in the brown stuff.

We are about to play....

Saturday

Thursday (ok this will be a second Xl)

Sunday

Wednesday

Saturday

Atdhe would need some time off anyway in such a period.

The massively important issue is that Jos must get 3 in attack. If its FF-Fletcher-Joao we will be be fine. FF-Joao-Mathias would be ok. But if at 2pm on Saturday we read that our attack is FF-Joao I will really begin to worry.

20 hours ago, Xxxxxxxxcxcc said:

Agreed but conversely I'm pleased to see a bit more meanness from him. He does need to control the aggression though it's true.

I'm sort of strangely pleased to see the aggression, as he used to look like he was going in too soft and not using all the massive bulk he has. Like when he jumps and doesn't seem to get any further off the ground! Make the use of your mass Mr Nuhiu! :)

Edited by Daizan10

4 hours ago, Mrmason69 said:

He got what he deserved. He was fouling all through the game. How can we ever get any momentum when people like Nuihu, bannsn, pudl and Hutchinson run around kicking everyone throughout the match. Out matches always have so many extra minutes added because we continually foul. 

We are better off without Nuihu. He's a liability. He's a ball chaser. He's not a nasty over the top player like Hutchinson, he's just very enthusiastic and totally untalented. 

At least he tries and is prepared to run around. The rest of our team simply aren't interested in putting any effort in. That is evident every match. 

MAinly dissagree about hutch, but the rest is poo too! Lol

5 hours ago, Mrmason69 said:

tumblr_m5pi7x8o9l1rwcc6bo1_500.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 1