Atdhe Nuhiu Red Card

Incredible that Luhukay didn’t make the substitution of taking Atdhe off and bringing Fletcher on once Nuhiu picked up his first yellow card.

A fit and ready-made replacement just waiting on the bench.  By the time Fletcher was brought on for Joey, the game had gone - 4 strikers on the pitch and no midfield.

No doubt the Nuhiu-haters will be happy now, they have plenty of ammunition to vent their spleen.

Edited by The Captain

56 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

DjxFcRWXsAEstUJ.jpg

Drama on the first day of the season as Nuhiu sent off for two yellows

He should have been taken off after his 1st booking and arguing with opposing players. He was niggling t-other side most of the 2nd half. Managers fault. Talking about this manager, yikes! Defense was awful today. Cost me 140.00 US to watch this, hopefully it gets better and he improves defense. Bannon was very good today.

• Like 1

Despite his goal, I wasn't that disappointed with the red card.

Will force Jo's to start Joao. With no cash; we really need to give Joao a real go.

Seeing nuhiu starting ahead of Joao has irritated me for 2 seasons. Can't bear another season of it.

Edited by zzmdu

1 hour ago, doubled123456 said:

He should have been taken off after his 1st booking and arguing with opposing players. He was niggling t-other side most of the 2nd half. Managers fault. Talking about this manager, yikes! Defense was awful today. Cost me 140.00 US to watch this, hopefully it gets better and he improves defense. Bannon was very good today.

End of last season he was starting to niggle with opposition players as can recall he nearly get sent off in a home game towards the end of last season

The man is enigmatic; quite brilliant at times (last season), and clearly a respected team player. But he does have a brain/foot co-ordination issue and plays like a donkey at times.  He needs to quickly develop some self discipline - or leave.

22 hours ago, zzmdu said:

Will force Jo's to start Joao. With no cash; we really need to give Joao a real go.

Seeing nuhiu starting ahead of Joao has irritated me for 2 seasons. Can't bear another season of it.

Did it annoy you when he scored?

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
23 hours ago, 33 said:

Was a silly challenge

Lucky to not get straight red

Agreed but conversely I'm pleased to see a bit more meanness from him. He does need to control the aggression though it's true.

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
22 hours ago, zzmdu said:

Shouldn't be either/or IMO. They work well together and IMO our best pairing.

Suspension aside, dropping a bloke on a 10 from 9 run would be plain bonkers too. 

I am happy though that we've got Fletcher fit as I think both he and Nuhiu will both be key players for us.

Edited by Xxxxxxxxcxcc