Match pass on iFollow

45 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

So hang on...

The BBC have had their rights to commentary taken away by the club who have instead gone with I-Follow where you can't watch the match if you're in the UK because I-Follow won't pay for the rights to it?

Or summat?

Hang on, @OWLSTALK. Let's not start confusing everyone with specific use of the English Language..

No-one has 'taken away their 'RIGHTS'. The BBC have for years paid for the 'right' to broadcast commentary on the match live, and this has produced a 'closed shop' situation, in that the BBC were the ONLY people allowed radio commentary live on match games. This applied to all Premiership & Championship matches and for this they paid a set fee. As of this season, the beeb, in order to cut costs, reduced the total fee on offer.All other clubs accepted this reduction, Wednesday said NO!. This resulted in Radio Sheffield, in fact a relatively small local station with limited range, being refused permission to broadcast.

In other words, the BBC want the 'rights' they have had for years at a LOWER cost. Little wonder at least someone has stood up to the mighty BBC.

The EFL last year introduced its own 'in-house' broadcasting  for football followers overseas in full, and for UK followers, sound only, because of the broadcasting regulations. It appears obvious to me that the EFL were more concerned with the success of their own model, IFollow, than trying to take on the might of the BBC, especially since the Premier League are more concerned with what they can squeeze from SKY.

I can't say that I think it has benefitted the club to any great extent, but I applaud their actions at refusing to take less from the Beeb.  

17 minutes ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

Care to enlighten me then if you know what these facts are? 

Going from last season that was definitely the case. 

You said...

Without using a VPN you've never been able to watch from the UK, only listen. Same as last season. 

By saying the bold statement, you imply that either the first statement applies to this season or the same rules apply to this season as they did last season...

When the truth is, you dont need a VPN for midweek games not broadcast on tv (this doesnt include sky streamed games). 

Whatever it is you mean.....it is not the same as last season for ifollow....only weekend games between certain hours and tv broadcasted games are not streamed on ifollow this season.  

Edited by CF83OWL

29 minutes ago, Buxtongent said:

Hang on, @OWLSTALK. Let's not start confusing everyone with specific use of the English Language..

No-one has 'taken away their 'RIGHTS'. The BBC have for years paid for the 'right' to broadcast commentary on the match live, and this has produced a 'closed shop' situation, in that the BBC were the ONLY people allowed radio commentary live on match games. This applied to all Premiership & Championship matches and for this they paid a set fee. As of this season, the beeb, in order to cut costs, reduced the total fee on offer.All other clubs accepted this reduction, Wednesday said NO!. This resulted in Radio Sheffield, in fact a relatively small local station with limited range, being refused permission to broadcast.

In other words, the BBC want the 'rights' they have had for years at a LOWER cost. Little wonder at least someone has stood up to the mighty BBC.

The EFL last year introduced its own 'in-house' broadcasting  for football followers overseas in full, and for UK followers, sound only, because of the broadcasting regulations. It appears obvious to me that the EFL were more concerned with the success of their own model, IFollow, than trying to take on the might of the BBC, especially since the Premier League are more concerned with what they can squeeze from SKY.

I can't say that I think it has benefitted the club to any great extent, but I applaud their actions at refusing to take less from the Beeb.  

There is no noble principle here.. just money lust.

13 minutes ago, CF83OWL said:

You said...

Without using a VPN you've never been able to watch from the UK, only listen. Same as last season. 

By saying the bold statement, you imply that either the first statement applies to this season or the same rules apply to this season as they did last season...

When the truth is, you dont need a VPN for midweek games not broadcast on tv (this doesnt include sky streamed games). 

Whatever it is you mean.....it is not the same as last season for ifollow....only weekend games between certain hours and tv broadcasted games are not streamed on ifollow this season.  

Fair enough. I wasn't aware of that and it seems a lot of others aren't. 

So to clarify, a midweek game that isn't on Sky Sports is watchable through iFollow for people in the UK? i.e - Millwall in a few weeks? 

20 minutes ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

So to clarify, a midweek game that isn't on Sky Sports is watchable through iFollow for people in the UK? i.e - Millwall in a few weeks? 

Yes in theory, although sky are broadcasting ALL midweek championship games this season via red button, so no 

14 minutes ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

Well if sky sports are broadcasting all the midweek games......why is ifollow advertising the service? One is an online service whilst the other is a tv service....

18 minutes ago, Rustyfunk said:

Yes in theory, although sky are broadcasting ALL midweek championship games this season via red button, so no 

16 minutes ago, CF83OWL said:

Well if sky sports are broadcasting all the midweek games......why is ifollow advertising the service? One is an online service whilst the other is a tv service....

:picnic:

The joys of iFollow. 

46 minutes ago, Buxtongent said:

Taking from the poor to pay the rich, they'll want another reduction next year and the one after to pay for premier league coverage. Well done again Wednesday and DC. Please try and realise when you've stood for the egg under the hat trick before the yolk starts running down your face, DC has.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42873526

I used my Gibraltar address last year along with my Gibraltar Natwest card and a VPN and it worked, can't try that today as I'm not able to watch the match. 

Will try it again in a couple of weeks for our next away game 

Hi guys noticed a few of you are struggling , with it saying not available in this location.

you will need to create a new ifollow account, using your old one linked here will not allow you to go any futher

works perfectly with ExpressVPN and IPvanish

Edited by owlse

13 minutes ago, Woodyowl450 said:

currently on a new account with my internet routed to America on opera.. currently seeing 'access to the match live on follow will be available shortly before kick off is this normal? still trying to purchase a match pass

Starts 10 mins before kick off pal