Jump to content


Recommended Posts

Has anyone managed to purchase a match pass for Wigan yet? I am in Spain but don’t seem to get an option to purchase. 

 

Thanks in advance all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Yep got one yesterday.

 

6€. 

 

Took 5 minutes.

 

You will need to have a Spanish address and bank account though. That’s my understanding from the FAQs.

 

(we are on holiday in France and my wife is French so we used her account and her parents home address)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, there is somewhere on the website. I've always found it easier to navigate through it using a laptop. 

 

As above, you'll need to use a foreign bank account etc if you want to access the video stream. If not, you can just listen to the commentary. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So if on holiday, it's commentary only? Thought you could access a match pass for a tenner to watch live? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Semedo's ferret said:

So if on holiday, it's commentary only? Thought you could access a match pass for a tenner to watch live? 

Yes. The only way to access the video service is through paying with a foreign bank card. Unless they've changed their rules that's how it was last season.

 

Just one of the many annoying features of iFollow. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks. I managed to purchase match passes at home last season by using a VPN without any problem but just don’t seem to get the option whilst actually oversees

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

Yes. The only way to access the video service is through paying with a foreign bank card. Unless they've changed their rules that's how it was last season.

 

Just one of the many annoying features of iFollow. 

Not true. I watched loads last season and I don’t have a foreign bank card. 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

Yes. The only way to access the video service is through paying with a foreign bank card. Unless they've changed their rules that's how it was last season.

 

Just one of the many annoying features of iFollow. 

 

 

Last season I used my English Santander card and my home address linked to it and that worked fine.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Yep got one yesterday.

 

6€. 

 

Took 5 minutes.

 

You will need to have a Spanish address and bank account though. That’s my understanding from the FAQs.

 

(we are on holiday in France and my wife is French so we used her account and her parents home address)

Can you post your wife's bank details and pin number please.

We would all like to watch. A global audience for the first game.

Thanks in advance Holmowl. 

:carlos:

  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Rustyfunk said:

Not true. I watched loads last season and I don’t have a foreign bank card. 

 

29 minutes ago, agentwalker said:

 

 

Last season I used my English Santander card and my home address linked to it and that worked fine.

Strange. When I asked them about using my Natwest card to pay for the season pass they said it wouldn't allow me to access the live stream service. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Going to be interesting to see if any one can access the stream from UK.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Sharing is caring!

Edited by CF83OWL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Rustyfunk said:

Not true. I watched loads last season and I don’t have a foreign bank card. 

Do you have a foreign ip address? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Rustyfunk said:

Not true. I watched loads last season and I don’t have a foreign bank card. 

 

36 minutes ago, agentwalker said:

 

 

Last season I used my English Santander card and my home address linked to it and that worked fine.

 

In which case I apologise.

 

I must have completely misunderstood the FAQ I read yesterday.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Yep got one yesterday.

 

6€. 

 

Took 5 minutes.

 

You will need to have a Spanish address and bank account though. That’s my understanding from the FAQs.

 

(we are on holiday in France and my wife is French so we used her account and her parents home address)

I’m not sure you’re right there pal.

 

I bought about 8 or 9 match day passes last season with my English bank account and address.

 

As long as your IP address shows you as not being in the UK or in Ireland you should be ok.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, A12owl said:

Can you post your wife's bank details and pin number please.

We would all like to watch. A global audience for the first game.

Thanks in advance Holmowl. 

:carlos:

 

Cant see the slightest reason why I shouldn’t share it with you all on social media.

 

Its....

 

07....

 

13 rue de F.....

 

 

 

 

Sorry, WiFi playing up.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

I’m not sure you’re right there pal.

 

I bought about 8 or 9 match day passes last season with my English bank account and address.

 

As long as your IP address shows you as not being in the UK or in Ireland you should be ok.

 

Won’t be the first time I have misunderstood some Internet stuff Trev.

 

Ludditeowl would be a better name for me.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

The way I follow is set up absolutely baffles me. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

 

Won’t be the first time I have misunderstood some Internet stuff Trev.

 

Ludditeowl would be a better name for me.

You may be right mate as they could’ve clamped down from last season.

 

I’m going to have a go at buying mine shortly so will soon find out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ifollow's website is like something from the 1990's

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×