Wigan Athletic 3 - 2 Sheffield Wednesday

It’s Wigan we are talking about here Why do we set up, worrying about what they might do? Should have taken the game to them with three up front

Why oh why do we play three at the back? Yes I know, we don’t have a strong pairing for a back four, but FFS, playing the extra man there doesn’t make us any more secure Play the extra man up front, and let them worry about us This coach is far too defensive

Edited by gurujuan

In the other thread I got a few of the players wrong but guessed the formation. The formation to try and not lose, which always invites pressure and with limited pace up front is easy to defend against.

5-3--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------2

14 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Palmer having a car crash first half. Lazy and naive.

van Aken shuffle as usual.

Usual solid performances from Nuhiu, FF and Bannan

Hutch playing in the wrong position (wtf Jos?)

Palmer totally isolated wide right, and it’s dragging Lees out too.

Oh and by the way, I applied for a ticket for the fans forum. Not only did I not get one, I didn’t even get the courtsesy of a reply telling me so.

Not that I can get there now anyway. Too late. Needed to sort work out before the end of last week.

16 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Exhilarating 45 !!!

Writing on the wall without subs.

Lees needs to go central. JVA should go off letting Hutch go to RCB. He has been dire at RM or wherever he is supposed to be.

I would get Joao on and play 343. Let’s be honest if we are playing 5 in midfield to protect the defence it sure as hell hasn’t worked.

Nuhiu is on his own. DF has dropped 30 yards deeper. That’s not a criticism he wouldn’t get a kick otherwise. But if Joao comes on we can afford for FF to drop deeper as he naturally does.

Our bringing the ball out stinks. 

Our left side side of Reach and FF ;cos that’s where he is playing) looks a threat. Palmer is on his own out right and is not a threat.

Come on Jos. Change it. It’s orrible. 

Feel for JvA as he’s not really been at fault but hutch needs moving for sure. I’d maybe take Pudil off as JvA height may be useful or just fetch Hutch off, he’s done nothing other than a long free kick up to Reach. 

Jaoa needs to be on right as Fessi is on left, to expect anything out of Palmer / Hutch rightsided effort is crazy. Poor Palmer he’s at least trying. 

Just swap Hutch for Jaoa and give it a go!

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Pelupessy the most anonymous footballer we’ve ever had 

and don’t come at me saying ‘oh you don’t notice him because he’s tidying up and doing all the unnoticeable stuff’

you don’t notice him because he’s shittt 

Hutchinson done no better 

16 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

What's the point of playing defensively when we haven't got a decent defence?

With poor defenders, you are bound to mass the defence. The only two outstanding players we have in defence are Westwood and Lees. And always true that Lees needs a good partner for him to be as excellent as he can be. 

12 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

By the way - Lees and Pudil will never look solid when van Aken is central of the three

I'd always assumed in a back 3, the central player would be the experienced defender to organise the back line....but when you've got mostly left footed defenders have little option but to put Lees on the right

16 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

No commentary.

Clicked on the app and was asked to update the app and did so.

Tried to log on and it wouldn’t recognise my password

Clicked to be sent an email to reset password

Wouldn’t do so, said server unavailable

Tried using password reset link from last season. Inoperable.

Went onto official SWFC site to do a password reset that way, said its sent a link. This was ages ago. No password reset link received

Checked spam folder too.

£4.49 per month for a service that doesn’t work. 

Emailed the service provider using the customer service address from last season, says it no longer exists.

Was looking forward to today. Almost had enough of this season already. Paying for a commentary I cannot access could be the last straw.

Not a happy bunny.

If it’s any consolation the pitch mike is drowning out the commentary John Pearson sounds like he’s reporting from the bogs. 

• Haha 1

Find it strange that he's playing people in positions that they havent done in pre-season. Reach LWB, Hutch as a right midfielder/winger and a weird back 3 of which all of them look like a mistake waiting to happen. Palmer and Reach caught out for the goals, but really sloppy from the centre halfs and the supposed defensive midfielders who were nowhere to be seen when the ball dropped out on the edge of the box.