Really Disappointed

I know there are a few threads about the BBC deal, but i just wanted to add an extra angle to this. (sorry if its been mentioned). 

I'm sure there are a fair few of our older supporters who can only keep up with our games via listening to the commentary on BBC RS. 

I just feel sorry for them. 

Thought it was worth mentioning.

3 minutes ago, JumboRex said:

I know there are a few threads about the BBC deal, but i just wanted to add an extra angle to this. (sorry if its been mentioned). 

I'm sure there are a fair few of our older supporters who can only keep up with our games via listening to the commentary on BBC RS. 

You sound like a bit of and old dinosaur yourself... 

Edited by owls-swfc
  • Haha 5

I don't listen to the games on Radio Sheffield myself. But as you mention i know certain people who do, these are highly unlikely to sign up to an ifollow system to listen to the games, especially at £5 a month. Seems short sighted by the club and so last minute. They should have accepted the deal and planned out a proper plan for how to launch FREE radio coverage with adverts from next season. Not well thought out by the club.

This is why it’s so frustrating, I know many elderly people that listen to it because they can’t make the games, I love to listen to it In the car when I can’t make the games. This is a massive mistake in my opinion, I think a lot of the questions on Monday night at the fans forum will be regarding this and less questions about our more important issues. 

12 minutes ago, JumboRex said:

This is spot on and is the saddest thing about decision.

SWFC need to look again at pricing for listen only, not sure what would be acceptable level for OAP listeners.

25 minutes ago, JumboRex said:

my dad is 71 his answer this morning when i spoke to him was "bit of a daft decision but not really bothered there's more than one way to skin a cat "

29 minutes ago, JumboRex said:

He doesn't seem to be bothered about the wider Wednesday fanbase/community. You either spend money or you don't. If you don't - fuckya.

With so few away tickets available , and only ever through a points system which just ensures that those who've had tickets before get tickets again , R S  has  for me and many others who cant get to games anyway , always been essential listening .What will Robert Jackson make of all this !