Someones gunna get sued

I think the rules are that two cities can have two stadiums and then after that there can only be one stadium per city. That is the only reason why Hillsborough in my opinion would be used in the 2030 bid due to the location of stadiums around England.

I thought it was going to be a joint UK bid? So would we bumped off for Cardiff, Belfast, Edinburgh or Glasgow? If just England then personally i think Hillsborough is a great example of a proper football stadium, 4 proper stands and traditional style. Can't host everything in soulless bowls like most world cups. Not biased at all of course. lol

1 minute ago, brett11 said:

It’s not a dump, also they would use the blueprint for the 2018 build that was planned

it looked odd, even a mess with that silly uneven corner roofed...

Only the South Stand looks great IMO, the other stands are outdated with the North being the only one outta the 3 close to decent, the kops a mess, the west should have been bulldozed after the disaster.

Just my opinion mate, doesn't make it right or wrong...

Yorkshire is really falling (and in danger of being left) behind in footballing terms.

No Premiership teams, stadia that shows its age and none of which really hold sufficient to be classed as WC potential stadia without substantial delopement (and why develop if there is sufficient stadia outside of the County to host?)

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, GMOwl72 said:

Yorkshire is really falling (and in danger of being left) behind in footballing terms.

No Premiership teams, stadia that shows its age and none of which really hold sufficient to be classed as WC potential stadia without substantial delopement (and why develop if there is sufficient stadia outside of the County to host?)

Huddersfield must have left Yorkshire then

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Daavies; said:

Huddersfield must have left Yorkshire then

Ok yes my bad but a World Cup stadium?

Everyone entitled to their opinion I guess but it wouldn’t make it in my view.

Edited by GMOwl72

View it as it will be not as it is. Yes it needs some work we all know that. But who would you put in ahead of it given the infrastructure requirements also needed? You can put up a new stand you can’t create things like parks, and many of the older grounds are still in developed areas.

and you can’t buy character and history ( and I know there’s bad history as well as good)