If we are Radio outraged

If we are all outraged can we as Owlstalker not start a funding page to pay the difference so the football commentary can return.

If the club can kindly let us know the shortfall from last season to the new deal we can start a fund to give the club the difference. So the older fans are not completely cut off from the club.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, morley said:

I don't understand what is going on here.

Apparently we're the only one of the 72 EFL clubs to turn the deal down and in our financial position surely some income is better than none?

Apparently we're not

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

Apparently we're not

Dodgy reporting from the Star then?

https://www.thestar.co.uk/news/bbc-radio-sheffield-to-no-longer-provide-live-commentary-of-sheffield-wednesday-matches-1-9282845

I haven't read it all, far too many ads and flashing screens but the first paragraph clearly states that we are.

Edited by morley

6 minutes ago, Hougoumont said:

I'm not outraged...no more "Let's just pop over to Oakwell"...."There's news of a goal at the Keep Moat" and "Let's hear Keith Edwards take on that incident"

No more Andy Giddings stroking himself frothy whenever the opposition has the ball in our half. 

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, SirSheridan said:

Why should fans have to pay any more? Its an absolute disgrace that we're getting priced out of everything already! Disgusting!

Because I don't think they have offered thousands less I think this is DC being DC.

And doing this will force the club to admit to the fans how much it is worth to alienate even more of the older fanbase that follow us on the radio.

20 minutes ago, morley said:

I don't understand what is going on here.

Apparently we're the only one of the 72 EFL clubs to turn the deal down and in our financial position surely some income is better than none?

hmm novel concept  one of which escapes our owner 

13 minutes ago, morley said:

Dodgy reporting from the Star then?

https://www.thestar.co.uk/news/bbc-radio-sheffield-to-no-longer-provide-live-commentary-of-sheffield-wednesday-matches-1-9282845

I haven't read it all, far too many ads and flashing screens but the first paragraph clearly states that we are.

Someone posted that there are 31 clubs not tied into the BBC

1 minute ago, daveyboy66 said:

Someone posted that there are 31 clubs not tied into the BBC

tbh dave I couldn't care less how many there are  

it's a bad decision 

I get we need every penny  but this, as was the boxes thing and over price POTD  a cut your nose off   

fans need nurturing into greater support  not pay or feck off 

We've got Wilder spouting his club is for the people and we have some Thai fishcake taking it away.

What an embarrassment for Sheffield - the City of sport.

Wednesday - playing into the hands of the opposition.

2 hours ago, S1Owl said:

So what can be done about it to get decision reversed? 

How about writing to radio Sheffield demanding that they pay what they were previously happy to pay? Or have a moan on football heaven?

Or start a petition demanding the same.

Its not as though Wednesday are refusing point blank to have games broadcast, it's just that a price can't be agreed. So you can try to get a resolution by complaining to either party.

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Tamworthowl said:

How about writing to radio Sheffield demanding that they pay what they were previously happy to pay? Or have a moan on football heaven?

Its not as though Wednesday are refusing point blank to have games broadcast, it's just that a price can't be agreed. So you can try to get a resolution by complaining to either party.

Not really followed all this but as far as I can see, an organisation making millions (bbc) has asked 92 clubs that make a loss to take an income cut? Why we’re only club to say buggger off is bit of a shock but can’t see why we getting brunt of criticism. 

In a world of evolving entertainment needs, I’m surprised radio and bbc isn’t doing all it can to secure audiences. No doubt in a few years time radio commentary be obsolete and apps, social platforms, streaming services be widespread. 

1 hour ago, Tamworthowl said:

Do you really think it's all about a reduction in fee?

With the way the club has been burning money, being close to FFP rules, ticket, shirts, membership and corporate prices, why do you think that?

The only conclusion I can come up with, given the evidence, is it's another DC 'money making' scam, he's using the price hike as an excuse so we all have to pay for his shortcomings.

Edited by Weshallovercome