Three Tier Season Card

On the back of the Sky showing the midweek games, I was thinking today on how football and TV showings will likely go in the future, and came up with what I think is a really good structure.... Its a three tier (not year) season card/pass/ticket.

• Tier 1 - £250/season - The TV Pass - Access to all your clubs home games on tv. Watch live, record them and watch later, etc. Pay on the gate price frozen at £20/game if you have this pass.
  • Tier 2 - £525/season - The TV and Attendance Pass - Access as above to the tv showings of all home games, plus a seat in the ground for all home games too.
  • Tier 3 - £550/season - The Full Package - Access to the tv showings of all home games, plus a seat in the ground for all home games, plus a shirt of your choice, home or away.

Note, only £25 for a shirt! Technically the price should be £500/season for tier 2, but by saying its £525 it lures people into buying the shirt.

Structuring club season cards in this way, allows people option to suit their financial position, or their location in the world, and no doubt a club like Sheffield Wednesday would continue to sell 20k tier 2 or 3 passes, but have an additional 20k buy into the tier 1 pass.

Personally I think a setup like this would put more money into clubs, would allow those attending to go home and rewatch the game later (when sober), and open up watching "live" games to more supporters.

I'm interested to hear which tier people would buy, if that setup was on offer.

But it's the away games I want on tv as I don't get to many due to family commitments and I would pay for an swfc away tv season pass.

I get to most home games after which the prospect of watching again in full is generally not a high on my list of things to do. Finding any way to forget the previous two hours is my priority most of the time!

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Tamworthowl said:

Are you suggesting that you've got to pay for a to package in order to get a season ticket to see the games live?

i think you're over complicating.

Would be a tier 2 or 3 package to get live games - So far £525 you get your usual season ticket, go watch the games live at the stadium, but an addition you'd get free access to the tv streaming of the games too. For only £550 you get a free shirt too!

32 minutes ago, mark77 said:

Rules state no live tv games Saturday afternoon so it is a non starter.

They will be happy to change that rule when they get 10m people across the UK paying £250

Midweek streaming is just a test to see how many would sign up, and the impact it has on the average attendances 

Edited by David Somni Jennings

1 hour ago, David Somni Jennings said:

On the back of the Sky showing the midweek games, I was thinking today on how football and TV showings will likely go in the future, and came up with what I think is a really good structure.... Its a three tier (not year) season card/pass/ticket.

• Tier 1 - £250/season - The TV Pass - Access to all your clubs home games on tv. Watch live, record them and watch later, etc. Pay on the gate price frozen at £20/game if you have this pass.
  • Tier 2 - £525/season - The TV and Attendance Pass - Access as above to the tv showings of all home games, plus a seat in the ground for all home games too.
  • Tier 3 - £550/season - The Full Package - Access to the tv showings of all home games, plus a seat in the ground for all home games, plus a shirt of your choice, home or away.

Note, only £25 for a shirt! Technically the price should be £500/season for tier 2, but by saying its £525 it lures people into buying the shirt.

Structuring club season cards in this way, allows people option to suit their financial position, or their location in the world, and no doubt a club like Sheffield Wednesday would continue to sell 20k tier 2 or 3 passes, but have an additional 20k buy into the tier 1 pass.

Personally I think a setup like this would put more money into clubs, would allow those attending to go home and rewatch the game later (when sober), and open up watching "live" games to more supporters.

how much for OAPs ?...…..

1 minute ago, David Somni Jennings said:

They would probably get 10m just from the far east, signing up to watch Man Utd games every week

IFollow already has a subscription for every league game (if you're outside the UK).

I seriously doubt it's anywhere near 10 million!!

1 minute ago, mark77 said:

IFollow already has a subscription for every league game (if you're outside the UK).

I seriously doubt it's anywhere near 10 million!!

Isn't that because they don't have locked down rights to be the only people showing it? If the FA brought in such a structure, it could sell the world wide package for a lot of money. Apparently the Premiership streaming in China alone is worth about £200m per season

2 minutes ago, David Somni Jennings said:

Isn't that because they don't have locked down rights to be the only people showing it? If the FA brought in such a structure, it could sell the world wide package for a lot of money. Apparently the Premiership streaming in China alone is worth about £200m per season

Will it have a commentary and stuff?

7 minutes ago, David Somni Jennings said:

Same price - Equal opportunities in the world of the future I'm afraid - We aren't allowed to give preferential treatment to anyone based on age, sex, race, or social standing

.550 quid for kids season ticket  will really drag em in …...

11 hours ago, mark77 said:

Rules state no live tv games Saturday afternoon so it is a non starter.

It is for  now that rule imo is outdated. I want to buy a quality service to watch all Wednesday games, there are globally millions of football fans who want to remotely follow a club. 

The money in this is massive ™ the rules will be rewritten 

13 hours ago, David Somni Jennings said:

Can't see Chansiri going for this, at least not without vastly increasing your prices - the tier 3 which includes a season ticket, access to TV and a shirt is actually £95 cheaper than current North Stand season ticket prices! Even my discounted 5 year season ticket price worked out at £515 per season.

7 minutes ago, alanharper said:

Can't see Chansiri going for this, at least not without vastly increasing your prices - the tier 3 which includes a season ticket, access to TV and a shirt is actually £95 cheaper than current North Stand season ticket prices! Even my discounted 5 year season ticket price worked out at £515 per season.

Our three tier system is all about making the game affordable for all our fans! :)

technically, the shortfall would be made up of people buying tier one, so still more profit, but easy to put a spin on it and sound like a steal! Don’t forget you get free radio commentary too!