Loss of leaders

Losing leaders in the dressing room is worrying me, more than losing quality.

Loovens, Wallace and Venancio. All have the kinds of leadership qualities you need to nurture young talent and help them develop.

Who are the leaders in the dressing room now?

I'm starting to worry a little.

2 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Westwood, Hutchinson, Nuhiu, Lees, Reach strike me as the core of the dressing room. But it’s a bit of physical leadership and experience m that I think we miss now in the cb and cdm areas. Lees and Hutchinson are good but we need more over a season.

Not to mention lee hooper fletcher (experience) Pelupessy Captain previous team. Bannan seems like he can give a few words of encouragement small but might lol 

15 minutes ago, Matt_1 said:

Loovens, Wallace and Venancio. All have the kinds of leadership qualities you need to nurture young talent and help them develop.

very good point bud

5 minutes ago, Markowski77 said:

The panic & negativity on here is incredible. Some people would have thought we are down already

I agree with you, it feels as though OWLSTALK has been hacked by S2.

I for one am looking forward to the new season we have some very good players and

I am looking forward to watching young players been given a chance.

UTO

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, outlaw pete said:

I agree with you, it feels as though OWLSTALK has been hacked by S2.

I for one am looking forward to the new season we have some very good players and

I am looking forward to watching young players been given a chance.

UTO

Well said, some of our so called fans delight in denigrating everything about the club. If the team are not performing after a dozen games it would be expected but not before the season starts.

There seems to be a headlong rush to start negative ‘new’ topics in a panic about every little bit of gossip surrounding our club. 

Lets just support Wednesday and have a bit of patience, especially if and when our youngsters come into the team. To stay within P & S rules some of these kids will be the future.

I agree it is an issue and it is one reason I would move Hutch to the back 3 so that between him Lees and Pudil we should have some experience and leadership to talk and organise on the pitch.

It is easier to do that job from the back but I am not sure Lees on his own has the right mentality.

29 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

I agree it is an issue and it is one reason I would move Hutch to the back 3 so that between him Lees and Pudil we should have some experience and leadership to talk and organise on the pitch.

It is easier to do that job from the back but I am not sure Lees on his own has the right mentality.

Didn't someone once say that about Forestieri? lol

1 hour ago, Matt_1 said:

The best leader we have is Nuhui

This is something we'll miss more than anything, and it won't be appreciated by a lot of fans. 

Loovens & Wallace were big characters, they haven't been replaced and we are seriously lacking leaders.

Tom Lees has never been captain material, but I'd imagine he'll get the gig by default. 

I'd take a risk and give it Hutchinson. If he stays fit, he's  the only one in the squad who could step up and galvanise the players.

But its yet another aspect of our squad which points towards a season of struggle. 

Venancio looked to be captain material,

Loovens undoubtedly before him but less so towards the end as he struggled with his own game.

Lees, jury's out - always thought he required one rather than was one although he mediated during the FF saga by all accounts and had a good mentor alongside him so maybe he's ready.

Reach led by example during last year's tough patch and Adthe has the enthusiasm but not sure about the brains.

Bannan is a bit too "small" and mardy to have the onfield stature and Hutch is the obvious choice but has potential to not be around too often.  FF is probably a bit too barmy.  Westwood is gobby but not sure re. keepers and could be sold.

Fans' favourites Fox or Palmer for me.

Edited by sonofbert2