The squad now versus that at August 2015

Just consider that for a moment. I suspect our starting line up on Saturday will include the vast majority of the players that we had 3 years ago.

We all hoped that at the end of that season that a couple of minor tweaks could see us over the line. Yet look where we are now.

So much for growth and improvement year on year. Just shows how appalling and frankly negligent our transfer dealings have been in the last 2.5 years.

Edited by bazapeps

1 hour ago, bazapeps said:

Just consider that for a moment. I suspect our starting line up on Saturday will include the vast majority of the players that we had 3 years ago.

We all hoped that at the end of that season that a couple of minor tweaks could see us over the line. Yet look where we are now.

So much for growth and improvement year on year. Just shows how appalling and frankly negligent our transfer dealings have been in the last 2.5 years.

Hmmm, I watched the highlights earlier. 

Westwood

Helan 

Hunt

Loovens

Lees 

Hutch 

Mcgugan 

Lopez

Nuhiu 

Matias 

Wallace

I imagine Lees and Hutch, maybe Nuhiu will start. So 2/3 of 11

Last season everyone was hyper with expectancy. 
Injuries to practically all key players saw us perform as a mediocre side.
Now, with a few departures, (Hunt, Rhodes, Loovens and Wallace) and almost a full, fit squad, we are doomed before a ball has been kicked.

Where is the WAWAW spirit?

Come on lads and lasses, get behind the team and cheer them on.

3 hours ago, bazapeps said:

Who are you kidding?

We finished lower half under Stuart Gray.  None of us had heard of Carvalhal and we were expecting mid-table at best.

It was only the signings of Forestieri Bannan and Wallace that turned things round.  Even then, few expected 6th and Wembley.

Amazing the tricks that memory can play on folk.

And we did have growth and improvement the following year.  4th.

The wheels came off when nearly the entire team were out injured, the season after that.

• Like 1