Jos says no incoming players to #SWFC

6 minutes ago, BIG D said:

Why can't people understand that we simply cannot bring anyone in?

lol

I remember the close season we only brought in James O'Connor and Jimmy Smith on loan.

That was arguably worse than this one.

remember the season our biggest signing of the summer was Jay Bothroyd? think that was worse than this summer

7 minutes ago, sweetsheri said:

Didn't we get something like 22 points from the final 10 games last season.

We start with virtually the same team plus some returning injured players.. and we will

be a lot fitter..

We'll be mid table. Looking at what others are spending and the 3 relegated clubs

that should be all our expectation.

We did finish well but 2 of our first choice defence from that spell have now departed and have not been replaced which is not insignificant.

Jos said he was keen to bring Venancio back and regularly picked Hunt so for him now to state we don't need anyone else seems a little bit of a push to fully believe.

Every squad needs freshening up. 

Palmer at first choice right back? Defence weaker than last season? Still not addressed the issue of pace in the side?

So we've lowered our aspirations. I don't mind that if we're promoting youth and trimming the wage bill. What stinks is the fact the club expects fans to pay ridiculous prices for a half arsed attempt at going up. 

3 minutes ago, chizumgeorge said:

Correct, no manager in the world would be happy about trimming his squad and having no money to bring in new faces. Unless he was a puppet yes man for the chairman....... which he clearly is!

What an absolutely classless statement lol

There are two options for any manager we have...

1. Be professional and try and get on with his job as best he can... at which point he's a "puppet yes man"

Or 

2. Kick off about not having resources to spend and resign... leaving us without a manager and still having no resources to spend on new players.

What do you want him to do? :duntmatter:

2 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

I think that's unfair. We don't know how happy he is. But the pool of well paid manager jobs is pretty small. Why would he not try and make a go of it?

Is he well paid at hillsborough? We dont know what hes on, and i doubt he was on a fortune before. Wasn’t he out of work?

12 minutes ago, BIG D said:

Why can't people understand that we simply cannot bring anyone in?

lol

I remember the close season we only brought in James O'Connor and Jimmy Smith on loan.

That was arguably worse than this one.

Yeah but it was a lot cheaper to get in...

Just now, StudentOwl said:

1. Be professional and try and get on with his job as best he can... at which point he's a "puppet yes man"

Or 

2. Kick off about not having resources to spend and resign... leaving us without a manager and still having no resources to spend on new players.

He would have known the score before he came

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

We did finish well but 2 of our first choice defence from that spell have now departed and have not been replaced which is not insignificant.

Jos said he was keen to bring Venancio back and regularly picked Hunt so for him now to state we don't need anyone else seems a little bit of a push to fully believe.

Hunt - Meh, not bothered

Venancio - Did ok. Just another Sasso for me. We have Hutch and Thornily fit? Better than like for like i'd say

Yes our full backs are weak, have been for years

We also lack pace, have done since JJ and Antonio

And we also lack bite in the form of a real beast at the back, have done for years.

I think all in all we are probably slightly stronger than last year and we'll be fitter.

That puts us mid table IMHO

4 minutes ago, chizumgeorge said:

Correct, no manager in the world would be happy about trimming his squad and having no money to bring in new faces. Unless he was a puppet yes man for the chairman....... which he clearly is!

I don't think he is a puppet man.

If he quit every time things happened at a club he doesn't 100% like he wouldn't get many more job offers.

Just now, Matt_1 said:

It's the lack of transparency from the club that REALLY stinks.

Tell us the truth - don't let the manager have to come and spin it in press conferences.

Exactly.

The survey suggested we'd be building on the same level of investment with prices staying high. Now Jos comes out and says we won't be signing anyone and is happy with the squad.

We've lost our first choice right back, not replaced Venancio and loaned our most expensive signing to a league rival. 

How is this building? It's weakening. Bannan, FF get injured we are screwed. Hutch and Lees rarely stay fit for a whole season. Hooper and Lee still out for awhile. 

Mid table.

Just now, matthefish2002 said:

If he quit every time things happened at a club he doesn't 100% like he wouldn't get many more job offers.

And if he did that he'd get the same stick that Keegan did about being a quitter

That's why it's a nonsensical discussion entirely

Owlstalk Shop

What’s the betting if we lose the first few games we still get a few eejits coming out with the old “come on let’s not judge just yet, the players need time to gel, they’re getting used to playing with each other” line?

Daveyboy and Nev will say it I can guarantee.

2 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Or 

The 3rd option would be to just tell it as it is and answer the question straight. Not saying it would be the right thing to do, might result in him getting the boot but not sure that would be a good move by DC.

Just now, matthefish2002 said:

I don't think he is a puppet man.

Like i said, he would have known about our financial state before he came, so he isnt going to quit

1 hour ago, Xxxxxxxxcxcc said:

He's no fool. He's been dealt the cards and is getting on with it without moaning.

I have the utmost respect for how he conducts himself.

Does he have a bloody choice , the man has been given an opportunity to manage a team in one of the best leagues in Europe he's hardly gonna moan his he ?

What worries me is if he's just taking the money and doing his best without really wanting to have any ambitions of taking us to another level and doing what he's told from above .

He's got an almost impossible job for me while he can't improve the squad , swapping academy players for the 8 that have gone just isn't the answer.

Let's hope his ambitions as a manager outweigh just taking the coin 

I love as well now how everyone is just accepting mid table mediocrity. Last season people were saying 'few additions we'll be ready to push for promotion again'. Now we've not signed anyone most on here seem content with a mid table finish.

At other clubs there would be uproar at the sheer scale of mis-management since Wembley. But Wednesdayites seem happy to take it and pay the highest prices in the division.