Jos says no incoming players to #SWFC

It's a bit sh*t...but it's hardly a surprise. 

We've all know it for a while. 

Hopefully, this is all part of a long-term strategy to get our house in order and those higher up will learn from past mistakes. 

8 hours ago, gurujuan said:

Yes, there were fools on here who even suggested it would be a mistake to sign Jordan Rhodes Good job we left it to the professionals 

i dont remember there being many, if any of them mate.  Plenty claimed they said we shouldnt have signed him when it wasnt working out for him

The fact we've rolled the dice big time and failed 3 times in a row and STILL haven't sold our crown jewels is pretty staggering.

I may live to regret this message... but keeping Forestieri, Bannan, Lees, Reach, Joao and arguably even Nuhiu given his recent record and have the return of Fletcher, Hutch and Van Aken to the squad is decent enough to me.

We can't have it all - would be great to get a right sided midfielder/winger into the squad but otherwise I'm pretty happy with things all considered.

1 hour ago, Brommers said:

You seem to forget we were 90 mins away from the premier league.

Huddersfield made the premier league spending a fraction of what we have ,AND they did without ripping the fans off with disgraceful ticket prices . 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

Many of us posted on here when DC took over that he needed a Howard Wilkinson type figure to stop him being shafted over signings . I just feel he went at it like a kid in a sweet shop , and this is the end result. 

How far into his ownership "did many of us" post the above re:Howard Wilkinson ?

1 hour ago, Brommers said:

You seem to forget we were 90 mins away from the premier league.

we would have been there if that idiot carlos didn't have those horrid tactics , if we had a decent manager when the cash was been spent then we would have gone up defo. now its 3 years bedding down before cash can be spent again ,what forest did is a similar route we will be in ,the 21 million loss wont come out of the 3 year ffp cycle for another 2 years so clearly no spend on transfers unless 1 sold and cash reinvested that's gona be for next couple of seasons before we can spend again. 

4 minutes ago, DELUDED OWL said:

How far into his ownership "did many of us" post the above re:Howard Wilkinson ?

HaHa I'm still waiting for S36 OWL to show me all those posts those incredible clued up people made. I won't hold my breath!

14 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Huddersfield made the premier league spending a fraction of what we have ,AND they did without ripping the fans off with disgraceful ticket prices . 

by getting a young manager full of bright ideas with loads of contacts . clearly carlos didn't bring any of that . I admire clubs like that ,and preston nearly made playoffs by having a excellent scouting network . our scouting network is non league or someone going on google and looking for players 

20 minutes ago, davey_wells said:

The fact we've rolled the dice big time and failed 3 times in a row and STILL haven't sold our crown jewels is pretty staggering.

I may live to regret this message... but keeping Forestieri, Bannan, Lees, Reach, Joao and arguably even Nuhiu given his recent record and have the return of Fletcher, Hutch and Van Aken to the squad is decent enough to me.

We can't have it all - would be great to get a right sided midfielder/winger into the squad but otherwise I'm pretty happy with things all considered.

We are a team that plays 532 / 352 / 343 and you'd sign a right midfielder / winger. I can't fathom that.

We sold our first choice wingback and we failed to re - sign Venancio a mainstay of our defence under Jos. 

We have one proven centre back at the club (Jos seemingly doesn't want to play Hutch there). We have no genuine proven wingbacks. So that's one position out of the back 3 / 5 sorted. It's all if's and but's who may / may not be able to to a job in those positions (not a good place to be) and you would sign a right mid / winger?

2 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Christ some people have short memories

They do indeed - The last two were shambolic..at least this one has been reasonably well organised and the players are being worked properly.

..having a fit and healthy squad (most of it) will feel like having a few new players. 

It was pretty obvious we weren’t getting anyone in early doors so none of this has come as any great surprise.

it's evident that we need to reduce the wage bill so no big  surprise that there's no incoming players . ….I think we have enough not to be involved in a relegation battle and if we can get thru the season and get rid of some on ridiculous contracts next summer then we can start to move on with hopefully a bit more savvy than we have shown in the last couple of years .  

36 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

by getting a young manager full of bright ideas with loads of contacts . clearly carlos didn't bring any of that . I admire clubs like that ,and preston nearly made playoffs by having a excellent scouting network . our scouting network is non league or someone going on google and looking for players 

But how often do your Huddersfield’s happen?? Preston nearly making the playoffs because of a good scouting network???? WTF!! We got to the playoffs two seasons in a row, back your team or support somebody else.

46 minutes ago, Triple O said:

HaHa I'm still waiting for S36 OWL to show me all those posts those incredible clued up people made. I won't hold my breath!

There was quite a few.. I was one of them.. but they're not lumped together.

He's quite right in what he said.

1 minute ago, Costello 77 said:

There was quite a few.. I was one of them.. but they're not lumped together.

He's quite right in what he said.

May i interject,i was asking how long into Mr Chairmans ownership this apparent help re:Howard Wilkinson came about,i've gone back thru quite a lot of threads dating back to his takeover ?

Guest Theboylangers
4 minutes ago, DELUDED OWL said:

May i interject,i was asking how long into Mr Chairmans ownership this apparent help re:Howard Wilkinson came about,i've gone back thru quite a lot of threads dating back to his takeover ?

I'll be honest mate, is it really that important that you would trawl through loads of old threads just to prove a point?

You must have way more time on your hands than I do. :Pelupessy:

11 hours ago, StudentOwl said:

Anyone that thinks Jos didn't have about a dozen players he wanted to sign from the continent and available for a cheap-ish price is being extremely blinkered. He probably formulated a list with a dozen more UK-based players back in May that he wanted to bring in if money had been available too.

He's being a word that I think a few Wednesday fans forget the meaning of... professional. Getting on and doing his job. What's there to be gained about publicly stating that we haven't got the squad or resources he wants? Nothing. Let's nip this in the bud before it starts, because I guarantee it's only going to be a matter of months before the rhetoric on Owlstalk is "DC appointed a manager that didn't want to sign any players". 

There is no money for signings. No one wants this situation. We're having to grin and bear it. 

Meanwhile, let's also bear in mind that some posters, even a f*cking idiot student in his early 20's with very very little knowledge about f*cking anything, foresaw this exact situation happening nearly two years ago. So lord knows how the "successful businessman" in charge didn't. 

Is he actually a successful businessman or is his wealth inherited ? I hear it's more of the latter, and it shows.