Remember THIS? (this is for all you oldies out there)

4 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

Yeah my mistake.

Wasn’t Wylde nvolved in something in another match that kicked off, which possibly made me think of him??

I seem to remember this too, Wylde also went to Oldham the following season so could have been then ? 

3 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

Yeah my mistake.

Wasn’t Wylde nvolved in something in another match that kicked off, which possibly made me think of him??

Well that’s two of us rob. Just can’t think where or when though

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, brian joicey said:

79/80 ish 

Could be. Thought it was earlier somehow. We always went SUT when we were younger though I think we’d have been going by car then and pub first 

23 minutes ago, Ibbo48 said:

Cheers mate. Don’t know where I got that from then.

TBH I was under the impression he was a Wednesdayite as well.

was there that day.

just our luck we got separated after the game and 3 of us bumped into their only (about a dozen) hardcases.  Didn’t realise they were Oldham fans at first as they have Owls on the their scarves.

The trouble was blown up out of all proportion and the tannoy was repeatedly pleading for everyone to get off the pitch when there was only police on it.

TV news crews were there before the end of the match.

went to two of the games we were banned from.

1 minute ago, Ibbo48 said:

Could be. Thought it was earlier somehow. We always went SUT when we were younger though I think we’d have been going by car then and pub first 

1975 cup tie if you went by the SUT , stopped using SUT livery  later that year became Northern Travel

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ibbo48 said:

Ha ha I can remember you lot being led round to stand on the away end. That shed at the other end was obviously their ‘ kop’ then ? 

Anyone recollect going to the old Stamford Bridge , getting there really early and gathering in their Shed and then being chased round to the other end by irate Chelsea fans once they’d turned up in numbers ?

Remember Southend away ???...start of season ...never seen trouble like it ...half of the east end of London was there on day trips ...thank god for stocksbridge owls that day....

Just now, Lichfield alien said:

Was there as a 9 year old..and despite what you read on here every time sumthin kicks off at a match..it didn’t put me off football for life etc..I remember holding court in the playground at Ecco junior school and possibly making stuff up about my involvement :manager:

3 minutes ago, stevewhiterose said:

Went with Rotherham Owls and one of our group got arrested. We went to Blackpool after the match. From memory there was a lot of trouble before the sending off, which just lit the fuse to be honest. I was trying to remember who the ref was. Any ideas?

Was it George Courtney? 

2 minutes ago, Hughdowd said:

Remember wino express from ball inn at ecclesfield and picked up at timbertop shirecliffe....crazy mad days....made football factory look like a oap’s outing !!!!

There’s mumbling of a reunion for the wino express..I know a few of passed away but still plenty goin strong from old ball mob and timbertop