Remember THIS? (this is for all you oldies out there)

At the risk of raising Geoffrey's ire and being accused of glorifying 'unrest', and also repeating myself (have once mentioned this before), the most bizarre things about that day was (as mentioned) big Jack trying to plead to the fan's better natures & getting pelted with bricks & giving up and then the Police sending a snarling Dog into the away end only for it to get literally lobbed back over the fencing.

Saw most of the crazy days round that time but this was one of the most mental & full on. 

• Haha 2

Also on the Oldham end before the game, when it kicked off, we were persuaded by the local PC's to walk around to the away end.   The smirk of Stainrods face says it all.  If I remember rightly Big Jack threatened to resign after the game.  3 away match bans, Derby away was amusing with our lads singing "We're not here...etc". Happy days.  And cheers Rob, my round in Dronfield next time I see you.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, S A Andy said:

Also on the Oldham end before the game, when it kicked off, we were persuaded by the local PC's to walk around to the away end.   The smirk of Stainrods face says it all.  If I remember rightly Big Jack threatened to resign after the game.  3 away match bans, Derby away was amusing with our lads singing "We're not here...etc". Happy days.  And cheers Rob, my round in Dronfield next time I see you.

Cheers Andy.

Some good laughs.:biggrin:

And I'll get em mate.

5 minutes ago, EveryWednesday said:

At the risk of sounding like a youngster (born '88) - or making you lot feel old

What actually went off?

Stainrod (ex pig) got Rodger Wylde sent off (on purpose) & basically gloated about it.

The Wednesday fans went ballistic & as someone said earlier there was rubble all over the away end which got lobbed at the Police & anything that moved. It degenerated into pretty much a full scale riot.

Big Jack came onto the pitch, (the play had long since been suspended) & pleaded for calm but to no avail.

It went on for ages & was quite full on and violent. 

1 hour ago, Ibbo48 said:

Ha ha I can remember you lot being led round to stand on the away end. That shed at the other end was obviously their ‘ kop’ then ? 

Anyone recollect going to the old Stamford Bridge , getting there really early and gathering in their Shed and then being chased round to the other end by irate Chelsea fans once they’d turned up in numbers ?

Our coach once dropped us off at the shed end and we were chased round to our end (where you still had to walk behind their fans to our ‘pens’ ) 

27 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

Stainrod (ex pig) got Rodger Wylde sent off (on purpose) & basically gloated about it.

It was Curran that he got sent off

Edited by Ian

27 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

The Wednesday fans went ballistic & as someone said earlier there was rubble all over the away end which got lobbed at the Police & anything that moved. It degenerated into pretty much a full scale riot.

Big Jack came onto the pitch, (the play had long since been suspended) & pleaded for calm but to no avail.

It went on for ages & was quite full on and violent. 

T’was Curran that got sent off,the riot made the front pages of the Sunday papers and we got a 4 match away ban for fans and also the standing areas at hillsborough were closed for 4 matches ! 

1 hour ago, Ibbo48 said:

We were on the terrace opposite the main stand. It was like a building site behind the kop with loads of rubble.

When it all kicked off and the bricks were being thrown they sent a cordon of police across the pitch towards the kop and bizarrely positioned themselves just within throwing distance which just seemed to encourage it more. Think our Jack was well pee’d off

Wasnt Stainrod a childhood Wednesdayite despite playing for Blades?

No he was pig through and through, he was the only pig at Ecco comp.

Russian Warship.... Go fxxk yourselves.

11 minutes ago, brian joicey said:

Our coach once dropped us off at the shed end and we were chased round to our end (where you still had to walk behind their fans to our ‘pens’ ) 

Yep that’s probably the one BJ.

Can you remember what year roughly ?