How much will our wage bill be now?

1 hour ago, prowl said:

If we off loaded Rhodes @ £35k, Hunt @ £15k, Loovens @ £20k, Wallace @ £15k, Kean @ £5k..... that's £90k.

Have I forgotten anyone?

Don't forget venancio and buttercup we will have been paying their full wages and buttercup will have been on somewhere round £20,000 a week.

• Like 1

Venancio £5K ?

If Buttrfield was on £20k,  Winnall was on £15k ish ?

I reckon with lower wages for Loovens and adjustments for Butterfield/ Winnall and including wages for Vennancio we are still about £90k.

I've no idea what Carlos was on but it was reported that we paid more to Jos. I don't know if that means we pay Jos more than we originally paid CC or more than he was on when he left. I'm sure CC would have got a wage rise after the first season.

Overall I think we need to cut wages by more. I can see Westwood going. 

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Screen Shot 2018-07-31 at 18.44.29.jpg

This was March 5th

What do you think the wage bill is now per week now a few players have left?

People are underestimating our wages.

The figure of £29.3m is effectively for the season 16/17.

so it only includes the wages of Winnall and Rhodes for 6 months.

It doesn’t include Van Aken either.

More importantly, it doesn’t include the new contracts(presumably higher wages) that a few of the players got.

so yes, you are all correct our wage bill has been reduced but from probably a higher point than £29.3m.

In addition to this we have also removed CC shower which amounted to about half a dozen.. Certain contracts with Agents have been cancelled which will be another huge saving (not sure where that is shown as they were effectively staff)..

54 minutes ago, Quist said:

In addition to this we have also removed CC shower which amounted to about half a dozen.. Certain contracts with Agents have been cancelled which will be another huge saving (not sure where that is shown as they were effectively staff)..

We've probably saved a good whack on agents fees by not signing anyone. lol

23 minutes ago, Andoverowl said:

Can't even afford a bolt for the door now FFS

Some of these figures being "made up"

For our squad wages on here though...

This is going to be like waiting for a Raleigh Chopper at Christmas 

Only to get yer big Sisters "Dawes Shopping" bike  hand me down... 

Chopper to Shopper .:Chansiri:

• Like 1

http://priceoffootball.com/tag/sheffield-wednesday/

Posted this in the unofficial matchday embargo something may or may not happen today or next year thread.  As I've already said, it could be a complete crock, but at first glance it seems genuine enough.

I know we brought in Van Aken, Boyd, Pelupessy and Venancio last year but we also got shot of the likes of Dielna, Melo, McGugan, Emanuelson, Lachman, Sougou, Sasso and Semedo.  I think Winnal/Buttercup was probably cost neutral, maybe a slight expense to us (which makes me cringe).

Hopefully the figures touted in that article aren't too far off the mark with regard deductable costs and we have trimmed enough to show the EFL we've cut our cloth accordingly.