10 minutes ago, gypsyowl said:

who would seriously want him? he's an absolute fraud of a footballer, the worst signing we've ever made in the 50 years of my life watching Wednesday

Dunno, there are some pretty strong contenders for that title........Jon Beswetherick, Franny Jeffers & Larry May spring to mind.....shudders

11 minutes ago, gypsyowl said:

who would seriously want him? he's an absolute fraud of a footballer, the worst signing we've ever made in the 50 years of my life watching Wednesday

He's not he's just got severe injury problems. Its happens to some players. Im sure if he could help it he would prefer not to be injured. 

Can't believe the attitude people have towards him. Like do you genuinely believe hes choosing to be injured? 

How is he a fraud of a footballer with plenty of appearances to his name, international caps and has played in the Prem. 

Some of our fans must never get injured or ill. **** me. 

Honest question.....if we're inside FFP for the last 3 years and we have teams interested in our players does it make sense to sell them on August 1st so they are into next years accounts as opposed to last years? Would that buy us more wiggle room?

And that basket is hanging. Whoever put it there hung it. It's was hung, hanging in the garden. I was sat, I am sitting. I ran, I am not now running. I thunk.

5 minutes ago, Sultan_Pepper said:

does it make sense to sell them on August 1st so they are into next years accounts as opposed to last years

No because they would both be in the three years that are considered for p&S (FFP)

If any thing you would want to get any spend in an earlier financial year so it would drop off sooner.

50 minutes ago, gypsyowl said:

So the seasons he played at Watford he was a fraud? because he was one of there best payers the season they went up and played very well in the premier league. the injuries over the last 24 months have ruined him. it happens to players all the time. it's hardly his fault I'm sure deep down he doesn't enjoy the fact his career is probably all but over! 

• Like 1

Jos will work his magic like he did with Nuhiu. Abdi will be picking up the player of the year award along with the championship title on May 5th. We will have picked up 101 points and beaten the pigs 3-0 twice with Abdi scoring 2 perfect hat-tricks.

It's July 31st so i can dream whatever i want and you can't say i am 100% wrong yet. lol

Seriously if we get him fit maybe Jos can get a tune out of him, That or he will move to Switzerland like has been mentioned before. But don't slag him off for attending a wedding in pre-season. Honestly.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, OxonOwl said:

No because they would both be in the three years that are considered for p&S (FFP)

If any thing you would want to get any spend in an earlier financial year so it would drop off sooner.

Yeah, makes sent. You want your spend to drop off sooner but you want your income offset to last into later years if you're about to lose a year off the start of an old three year period and don't need to pad it out you would wait to sell wouldn't you?

1 hour ago, hasthagotanycheese said:

Dunno, there are some pretty strong contenders for that title........Jon Beswetherick, Franny Jeffers & Larry May spring to mind.....shudders

JB was a free transfer, Jeffers... yeah good shout, that was a gamble that didn't pay off, nice way of us trying to save some money buy signing him instead of paying the 2 mill we needed to get a proven striker with billy sharp

Larry May lol I do remember him scoring though.....

Abdi cost around 4 million & we were told to expect big big things

1 hour ago, TheEnchanter said:

He's not he's just got severe injury problems. Its happens to some players. Im sure if he could help it he would prefer not to be injured. 

Can't believe the attitude people have towards him. Like do you genuinely believe hes choosing to be injured? 

How is he a fraud of a footballer with plenty of appearances to his name, international caps and has played in the Prem. 

Some of our fans must never get injured or ill. **** me. 

Mate I'm not just on about his injury record, apart from playing a beautiful 2 yard pass to the person next to him what does he offer? 

I honestly would play anyone in the u23's over a fully fit abdi from what I've seen he's gash, never seen a player crap himself as much as he does when he gets in oppositions box, shocking player

2 hours ago, Royal_D said:

Not a clue, but he isn’t injured , and it’s been reported more than once that he’s not injured 

He played against Breda, and the private Bradford game in pre season 

with all due respect, and tbh I haven't been in touch with everything, and this isn't a pop at you but you're saying he def isn't injured which sort of implies there's something else going on  or are you just repeating the reporting 

Guest Bulgaria
1 hour ago, gypsyowl said:

Sheffield Wednesday might be interested.

Sounds right up our street.

24 minutes ago, gypsyowl said:

Mate I'm not just on about his injury record, apart from playing a beautiful 2 yard pass to the person next to him what does he offer? 

I honestly would play anyone in the u23's over a fully fit abdi from what I've seen he's gash, never seen a player crap himself as much as he does when he gets in oppositions box, shocking player

In the interest of fairness, the ability he has, particularly in the opposition box is outstanding as proven at all of his previous clubs. 

To say he craps himself in an opposition box, just watch some of his goals ffs. 

Absolute disaster signing for us, so so disappointing, but that doesn't mean you just brandish him as having no ability and being rubbish. 

Probably has more ability on the ball in his right foot than most in our squad, unfortunately we just haven't been able to get that out of him and probably never will. 

4 minutes ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

In the interest of fairness, the ability he has, particularly in the opposition box is outstanding as proven at all of his previous clubs. 

To say he craps himself in an opposition box, just watch some of his goals ffs. 

Absolute disaster signing for us, so so disappointing, but that doesn't mean you just brandish him as having no ability and being rubbish. 

Probably has more ability on the ball in his right foot than most in our squad, unfortunately we just haven't been able to get that out of him and probably never will. 

never seen him play before mate, all I know is we spent 4 million on him & he's as good as Tommy Miller

16 minutes ago, gypsyowl said:

never seen him play before mate, all I know is we spent 4 million on him & he's as good as Tommy Miller

He was an absolutely superb footballer.

To be honest, thats what makes this whole situation so disappointing