The guy is a professional footballer. I'm assuming he wants to play football and isn't taking the mick with his injuries.

When he signed for us he must have undergone a medical which couldn't have shown any career threatening or long standing injuries.

He must be pretty desperate, he's even missed a World Cup which he would certainly have been at if he was playing consistently in the Championship as well.

You have to remember he's not our only player that has been out for a strangely long time ..look at Lee and Hooper. We obviously were not doing something right with injury management and rehabilitation last season before Jos came in. 

I think we are all frustrated because we know a fit and firing Abdi will be a hell of a player in this league. 

He's right up there now with the worst signings in our history.

He's taken more in wages than we spent on the whole team for years.

Nothing against him personally, but just retire or something Abdi man. Have some pride. 

Edited by Mr Farrell

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Find it weird singling out one player 

any issues with Abdi would be a question for those who bought him anyway wouldn’t it?

Yer it's pointless .next thing will be pics of fletcher and hooper playing golf while they were injured . If chansiri is stupid enough to give these stupid contracts out why should they tear them up? It's 2018 where are no  morals these days . 

There were pictures recently on the official site of Abdi training with the 1st team and so it looked as though he was actually fit. But then as soon as any games come along he’s nowhere to be seen and Radio Sheffield never seem to ask about him

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

Yer it's pointless .next thing will be pics of fletcher and hooper playing golf while they were injured . If chansiri is stupid enough to give these stupid contracts out why should they tear them up? It's 2018 where are no  morals these days . 

Pretty sure if Fletch was playing golf, he'd hit himself in the head with a 9 iron, requiring stitches.

Hoops would tear his groin picking his ball up.

• Haha 1

Just now, OWLERTON GHOST said:

Your sarcasm was immediately noticed by myself mate..

It's somewhat of a Higherstate compared to usual O/T posters lol

I genuinely missed it, and thought he was just being very perceptive and getting me.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

Carlos is to football what Tonya Harding is to Ice Skating

A talented competitor who fought against a crooked system and crippling poverty to progress to the very top of his sport before being involved in a horrific decision by those close to him that permanently ruined his reputation?

Just now, Sultan_Pepper said:

A talented competitor who fought against a crooked system and crippling poverty to progress to the very top of his sport before being involved in a horrific decision by those close to him that permanently ruined his reputation?

Sounds more like Paulo Di

3 minutes ago, Sultan_Pepper said:

yea thats him

1 hour ago, bigdan2003 said:

I don’t get the faux outrage.

He’s clearly been to a family wedding - perhaps his brother??

in which case, the club probably gave him permission since he’s not going to be involved in our first game of the season. 

He might earn a load of cash, but he’s still allowed to have a life outside of Sheffield Wednesday. He’s allowed he basic human rights that we all have. 

DCD6D320-BD95-451F-B747-5695B07308CC.jpeg

If this is the photograph that the OP was referring to I agree it's disgusting that he's allowed to wear a suit to his brothers wedding.

He should be hung drawn and quartered.

old-sign-saying-that-robbers-and-thieves-will-be-hanged-drawn-and-aa4rmm.jpg

• Haha 1