Jos Luhukay asked if there's a transfer embargo on live radio just now

I think we are just waiting for clearance from the EFL. Expect an announcement in the next 48 hours. 

I do think Westwood will leave for around £2m (plus big saving on wages) and I think we may be able to bring in a couple of loans. Just a hunch. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, TINKERBELL said:

The young players are really going to have to be good enough or we're in bother.

100% correct there I think will be 4-5 involved by October once ,fletcher,hooper,lee,abdi,matias ,Hutchinson get there usual injury layoffs and 1-2 other players get injuries what is normal , our defence is extremely short , might see Nielsen and thornily playing regularly in the defence and baker at right wingback are they upto the level? time will tell ,lets hope so as clearly no1s coming in ,club not talking to anyone and have no plans to . our season will be decided on if any more players leave by transfer deadline and if we can keep most of the players in our usually injured list fit  ,if 2-3 more leave and our usual players are injured then avoiding the drop will be a huge success this season. 

21 minutes ago, canyoujust said:

Yes man... Simple as 

19 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

???

What's he supposed to do? Burst into Chansiri's office and bang his fists on the desk demanding 50 milion for new players?

Exactly, he's got nowhere to go on this and is seemingly pushing the club into getting someone else to clarify. If he was a 'yes man' I would have thought he would have lied and said no if that is what the club is trying to portray.

12 minutes ago, BRUCE LEE said:

If it’s a case of us putting together a finance and sustainability plan for the EFL to review then it’s not for him to explain is it 

Just muddys the water further, let’s be right no one on gods green earth understands FFP, the steps instigated to ensure compliance, the bespoke fines and embargoes etc

Anyone going to this event tonight with the genuine belief they would get an answer on it from our coach are just plain deluded 

Just ask him when we’re selling Morgan Fox 

Don't think anyone expected a straight answer but the way the question is received and answered tells its own story.

Lets face it this is not news. Jos has been asked this question over and over and over again over the last few days and weeks. Why does some prat who must have heard Jos answers that question think that he is going to get a different response baffles me. (If you are a Wednesday fan you will have heard Jos give the same answer before). Rob Staton asked the same question several times after the Villarreal game. 

It's obvious to anyone that Jos has been told not to answer that question, so any reporter or fan is only asking Jos to Resign in a novel way, if they expect an answer.

Look, if we are embargoed or just up against the wall with regard to FFP, we still have one of the finest squads in the league with youth coming through too.

Look up not down. A good start won't stop some moaners out there. I reckon that some will be upset when we do get promoted saying stuff like.... aye but we're coming straight back down. 

Guest Willow Owl
25 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

clearly we are . at least monk at brum gave an answer . sounds like jos aint allowed to answer , what ive heard clearly states we will sign no1 even just a loan player on 5k a week .this season is about stopping up that can be the only goal this season , 

How can it just be about stopping up. If we don't have to sell then we still have a play off challenging team. Seems to me the club are still waiting on the EFL as are several others. 

2 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

What a shambolic situation we are in. 

I wonder how many clubs in the top 4 divisions are having as depressing a pre-season as us.

We are either under an enforced or self-enforced transfer embargo that no one at the club appears willing or able to discuss, we've lost 2 players from our first-choice back line without replacing them, we don't know how many of our remaining first choice players might be sold before deadline, we've just released what appears to be the most expensive football club membership scheme in the country on the back of our kits costing more than anyone else.

To top it off we've managed to make a drama out of a meaningless friendly by ending it with a brawl and a subsequent claim of racism against us.

Happy days!  

13 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

Who  have you spoken to at the club

ive heard the manager on the radio and heard his other interviews , not or no plans to speak to any players , 3 months ago we were going to sign venancio ,and bring in u23s from premier league jos clearly said that, now we aint doing anything ,yet several players have left our wage bill and a loan fee for Rhodes plus 1.6 million for jack hunt has come in ,along with small fees we will get for hirst and Clare , we lost 21 million in 2016/2017 along with a 26 million wage bill ,that wage bill last season will have risen further   to maybe 28 million 2017/2018(last season) we find that out in feb 2019.  I get the feeling the league will only be happy once we get 10 million plus for fessi and 7 million for lees then they might allow us a cheap loan .its an absolute mess ,thanks chansiri and the clown , us support will be paying top whack to pay for a total mismanaging of the club. 

• Haha 1

What really wee wees me off is that we are being held back by tin pot clubs who can't balance a turd let alone the books

Chansiri and his family are billionaires and should be allowed to spend whatever they want to get the club into the premier league 

Just now, owls_wawaw said:

What really wee wees me off is that we are being held back by tin pot clubs who can't balance a turd let alone the books

Chansiri and his family are billionaires and should be allowed to spend whatever they want to get the club into the premier league 

What if they were allowed to and started spaffing zillions of pounds on players who dont' get the club promotion?

They could get fed up and walk away and we could effectively have no club anymore, getting wound up in the courts so we go out of business

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, owls_wawaw said:

how do you know he wants to spend?

daddy may have pulled the plug on improvements for his new train set

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

I wonder how many clubs in the top 4 divisions are having as depressing a pre-season as us.

We are either under an enforced or self-enforced transfer embargo that no one at the club appears willing or able to discuss, we've lost 2 players from our first-choice back line without replacing them, we don't know how many of our remaining first choice players might be sold before deadline, we've just released what appears to be the most expensive football club membership scheme in the country on the back of our kits costing more than anyone else.

To top it off we've managed to make a drama out of a meaningless friendly by ending it with a brawl and a subsequent claim of racism against us.

Happy days!  

Plenty Id say.

There are teams in lower divisions with worse squads and their own financial issues.

The hyperbole needs to stop.

• Like 1