BREAKING - #SWFC STATEMENT

Sheffield Wednesday are aware of the very serious allegations made following the pre-season friendly with Mansfield Town on Tuesday 24 July.

The club vehemently refutes any form of racist abuse on our part and will vigorously defend itself should the need arise.

SWFC will make no further comment at this time.

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Jack the Hat

Good to see we haven't thrown anyone to the wolves like we did with DiCanio. If there turns out to be proof then thats different, but until then innocent until proven guilty.

1 minute ago, Jack the Hat said:

Good to see we haven't thrown anyone to the wolves like we did with DiCanio. If there turns out to be proof then thats different, but until then innocent until proven guilty.

Agree, and even if proved guilty I think it should be about education not punishment from a clubs point of view. It would be more positive for whoever it is to make public apologies and visit local schools to explain what they did was wrong, rather than be transferred to a competitor

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

Agree, and even if proved guilty I think it should be about education not punishment from a clubs point of view. It would be more positive for whoever it is to make public apologies and visit local schools to explain what they did was wrong, rather than be transferred to a competitor

Plus Fessi is the sort of person who usually realises hes done sh*t wrong and off his own back tries to make up for it, like the kid at owls in teh park, who he didnt signed an autograph for and when hes dad voiced his disgust on twitter Fessi went round and spent an hour there 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Sheffield Wednesday are aware of the very serious allegations made following the pre-season friendly with Mansfield Town on Tuesday 24 July.

The club VEHMENTLY refutes any form of racist abuse on our part and will vigorously defend itself should the need arise.

SWFC will make no further comment at this time.

3 hours ago, Jack the Hat said:

Hardly the same is it ?

Di Canio couldn't wait to leave. 

Guest Jack the Hat
1 hour ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

Hardly the same is it ?

It is about suporting a player, not throwing him under the bus. Di Canio pushed a ref who fell on the floor like a toddler. Cantona Hong Kong foo-eid a paying spectator. They supported him and we didn't di canio. He became an old Trafford legend and we sold our record transfer for half price. 

Edited by Jack the Hat

Guest Jack the Hat
1 hour ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

Hardly the same is it ?

It is about suporting a player, not throwing him under the bus. Di Canio pushed a referee who fell on the floor like a toddler. Cantona  kung fu Ed a paying spectator. He was supported and became an old Trafford legend and we sold our record signing for less than half price.

6 hours ago, Jack the Hat said:

It is about suporting a player, not throwing him under the bus. Di Canio pushed a referee who fell on the floor like a toddler. Cantona  kung fu Ed a paying spectator. He was supported and became an old Trafford legend and we sold our record signing for less than half price.

Di Canio engineered his own exit. As he did at Celtic.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Southie_Owl said:

Education?....what you're advocating sounds more like public humiliation.

7 hours ago, djorkaeff said:

The cry racist nonesense is ridiculous. It’s simply used as a get out clause or point of slander. 

Can't agree with that (assuming I understand it correctly). Engage in racist abuse, you should expect to pay a price. A finite and measured price, but a price all the same.

But the flip side of this is that because it is a serious matter, allegations need to be proved. 

12 hours ago, Southie_Owl said:

He's a 28 year old man

If he's not learned by now not to be racist, he'll never learn. I pray to God he isnt guilty but if he is - **** him. I Don't want him at my club no matter how good he is.

Edited by thatladfromchap
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Jack the Hat said:

Totally agree with this, terrible decision by the club and showed up Danny Wilson for what he was...a manger out of his depth with a spineless board behind him