#SWFC NEWS | Mansfield report racist abuse offence to police and FA

Guest Theboylangers
Just now, We'llNeverBeMastered said:

What if a tea towel was actually what we were thinking?

Then you obviously know it is the weapon of choice when dealing with unwanted flying insects. lol

3 hours ago, Rebowl Yell said:

Look we can talk about racism and stuff all day but the real problem we’ve discovered recently is that this very site owner has shown blatant speciesism in another thread towards wasps, saying how he doesn’t like them all.

I know some White Anglo-Saxon Protestants, and they are very nice people!

• Haha 2

seems to me that it's down to the culture of where you are brought up …...in spain laurie Cunningham was always called "el *****" and no one batted an eyelid (cept maybe laurie)....Eusebio worldwide had 2 nicknames " the black pearl & black panther" whether he took offence I know not . …...the aussies call the indigenous Australian the derogatory  abo's ive heard . the Pakistan cricket team described as the paki's when playing in Australia  .does that make the white people of spain & Australia racist ?.... I suspect not but anyone using those terms here would be vilified as ron Atkinson found out when he added the word ******  in describing  lazy footballers ….. Is ron Atkinson a racist bigot ? carlton palmer who knows him doesn't think so yet he's branded as one by many . 

14 minutes ago, torryowl said:

seems to me that it's down to the culture of where you are brought up …...in spain laurie Cunningham was always called "el *****" and no one batted an eyelid (cept maybe laurie)....Eusebio worldwide had 2 nicknames " the black pearl & black panther" whether he took offence I know not . …...the aussies call the indigenous Australian the derogatory  abo's ive heard . the Pakistan cricket team described as the paki's when playing in Australia  .does that make the white people of spain & Australia racist ?.... I suspect not but anyone using those terms here would be vilified as ron Atkinson found out when he added the word ******  in describing  lazy footballers ….. Is ron Atkinson a racist bigot ? carlton palmer who knows him doesn't think so yet he's branded as one by many . 

When a guy blacked up to impersonate Michael Jackson on Aussie TV Mark Little came on British TV and said racism is ingrained in Australian society.  Probably not spite (or maybe in some instances) but probably slight ignorance of other cultures.

17 minutes ago, torryowl said:

But yes I agree its defiantly not a black and white (no pun) issue.  People have struggled long and hard trying to determine what exactly racism is and come up with terminology and a description for it.  It's a slippery and a vague one.  Spose it can come down to subjective and personal experience. Power, violence, discrimination, stereotyping, use of language, being derogatory, history and empowerment all play a part.  Governments have spent thousands on think tanks and people on here think they've got a handle on it.

On 31/07/2018 at 11:14, Belfast Owl 2 said:

Why would you not be surprised?

None of us know him personally and whether it would be like him to do so.

Because of his previous outbursts and  temperamental behaviour.  He can be volatile, and whilst I believe all these traits help him be the very talented player he is, it can also have a negative side, so becuase of that I wouldn't be suprised.

I got told the day after the match and from a Mansfield fan who knows a fair few of their players, that the Mansfield skipper had been incensed by FF using the N word, though in Spanish.

If proven, I would prefer to get rid of FF. I'm not saying he did say this, but I'm actually having a very hard time in making an argument in my mind, as to why a seemingly well rounded individual would make such a thing up about a fellow professional.

5 minutes ago, BDM4nil said:

I got told the day after the match and from a Mansfield fan who knows a fair few of their players, that the Mansfield skipper had been incensed by FF using the N word, though in Spanish.

If proven, I would prefer to get rid of FF. I'm not saying he did say this, but I'm actually having a very hard time in making an argument in my mind, as to why a seemingly well rounded individual would make such a thing up about a fellow professional.

To deflect from the thuggish behaviour of him and his team mates which when the FA look at the footage will come back to bite them

1 minute ago, daveyboy66 said:

To deflect from the thuggish behaviour of him and his team mates which when the FA look at the footage will come back to bite them

Maybe, but I can't see that myself as to being more likely than him just having said this.

3 minutes ago, BDM4nil said:

Maybe, but I can't see that myself as to being more likely than him just having said this.

How do you know? 

None of us know. 

Just wait and see. 

Never heard of innocent before proven guilty? 

Think I'll wait, before labeling one of our players a racist on a hunch. 

17 minutes ago, SiJ said:

How do you know? 

None of us know. 

Just wait and see. 

Never heard of innocent before proven guilty? 

Think I'll wait, before labeling one of our players a racist on a hunch. 

I don't know and neither do my comments say that I do.

Yes I have heard of being innocent until proven guilty.

I've only said what I was told and also given my own thoughts and on a chat forum. All who've joined this thread - which include yourself - could just wait and see here in fairness

I suppose I have labeled one of our players as a potential racist though, I do accept, but the key word here is potential.

I do also acknowledge that I am still not FF greatest fan and despite all his talents and this is still all from when he refused to play for us against Norwich - shameful, IMO. That said I stand by what I've said in this thread and also how I've said it.

Edited by BDM4nil
Spelling mistake

There is no evidence. Unless it was somehow recorded. There is no evidence. One or more people saying it happened has no more validity than one or more people saying it didn’t. There is no evidence. How many times must this be said. There is no evidence ( that’s 4 ). How can the FA act without evidence? The referee couldn’t have heard it or FF would have been red carded.

1 hour ago, BDM4nil said:

If the N  word is what I think you mean I don't think theres a Spanish word for it …….

7 minutes ago, 2hoots said:

There is no evidence. Unless it was somehow recorded. There is no evidence. One or more people saying it happened has no more validity than one or more people saying it didn’t. There is no evidence. How many times must this be said. There is no evidence ( that’s 4 ). How can the FA act without evidence? The referee couldn’t have heard it or FF would have been red carded.

The evidence will come from witnesses and anyone choosing to lie could find themselves being charged with perverting the course of justice ,this applies to all parties ,lying on behalf of someone is very dangerous territory

52 minutes ago, BDM4nil said:

Seemingly well rounded individual !!!!!!!......2nd rate footballer with a massive chip on his shoulder more like !!

• Thanks 1