#SWFC NEWS | Mansfield report racist abuse offence to police and FA

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Well this thread's certainly swung one way then the other and then gone off on mad tangents

lol

What do you expect .....................................................first games not till Saturday lol

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

If you'd like to explain how the rationale is wrong, I'm all ears mate. 

If I've got it that wrong, it shouldn't take more than a couple of lines of explanation to the contrary. 

Well for starters, you've given 2 examples of repeat offenders. How that relates to this case I'm not sure.

I get that you're trying to make the point that "heat of the moment" is not adequate justification (and in the examples you've given, it certainly isn't!). 

But I believe ANYONE is capable of blurting something out in a state of retaliatory rage. The same way I believe ANYONE can react violently in certain circumstances. Doesn't make them inherently violent people. Just an act that is totally out of character due to an intense emotional moment. 

Certainly not saying that makes them guiltless.

Guest Bulgaria
28 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

Not sure does bear a resemblance though.

fergiemilf.gif

Fergie_black_Eyed_Peas_AFP.jpg

Aye, the poor bugger that marries either of em would have a lifespan shorter than the dresses they would wear.

Edited by Bulgaria

39 minutes ago, casbahowl said:

Are you sure about that?

I think there are hundreds of underage vulnerable white girls in Rotherham, Newcastle, Rochdale, Oxford, etc, etc who may disagree with you!

where’s  their ‘specific protection law’?

Racism in ALL forms is abhorrent but a one way street it isn’t!

I don't think they were chosen coz they were white it was because they were vulnerable. 

23 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

Bet you've used that line a few times young man ?

:stuwinky:

My mrs says quite the opposite of my performance. :goalie::picnic:

Quite simple in my opinion. 

IF a wednesday player made racist comments he should have the book thrown at him by the police AND the fa , regardless who the player is. 

IF the police find there is no evidence of any wrongdoing , then whoever it was from Mansfield Town who reported it to the police ,should be charged with wasting police time. 

Either way , im sure all will come out in the wesh before too long. 

Not directly related to this thread - but an anecdote that may give some food for thought. A few years ago I was a teacher at a Special School in Manchester with students of a very mixed ethnic background. The head at the time was a WASP from Belfast who had a marked Northern Irish accent.

On this particular day he was having a problem with a lad whose parents were from the West Indies. At a certain point in the confrontation, the student, who had a fairly low I.Q. (but was a reasonable footballer), lost it totally and shouted out in a loud cry of frustration "**** off - you flipping Irish Paki".

Based on what has been said in this thread, I wonder what the response should have been then and what it should be today - some 30 years later, bearing in mind that he was aware of the ridiculous nature of the outburst, but had just lost it'

5 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Quite simple in my opinion. 

IF a wednesday player made racist comments he should have the book thrown at him by the police AND the fa , regardless who the player is. 

IF the police find there is no evidence of any wrongdoing , then whoever it was from Mansfield Town who reported it to the police ,should be charged with wasting police time. 

Either way , im sure all will come out in the wesh before too long. 

If they don't find any evidence that doesn't mean that no offence was committed.

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
1 minute ago, Watson said:

If they don't find any evidence that doesn't mean that no offence was committed.

Yes they'd need evidence that he'd deliberately made a false accusation.

Be virtually impossible to find "evidence" full stop in this matter.

Fwiw..if there's no case to answer..and I was the accused, I certainly wouldn't appreciate your post..even though it's factually correct.

2 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

Be virtually impossible to find "evidence" full stop in this matter.

Fwiw..if there's no case to answer..and I was the accused, I certainly wouldn't appreciate your post..even though it's factually correct.

My post wasn't meant to sound 'nasty'.

Further, at court, you are found guilty or not guilty, innocence doesn't come into it. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Watson said:

I don't think they were chosen coz they were white it was because they were vulnerable. 

Please refer to the excellent and harrowing BBC drama “Three Girls” where it portrays that their vulnerability made it easy but the fact that they were “white” gave them “badge of honour” status to the Rochdale predators!

My post wasn't meant to sound 'nasty'.

Further, at court, you are found guilty or not guilty, innocence doesn't come into it. 

There's no point in the justice system then.

Not guilty means not guilty and guilty means guilty.

It's wrong to leave a cloud over anybody after a judgement.

The legal system is all we've got although it's not perfect.

• Like 1