#SWFC NEWS | Mansfield report racist abuse offence to police and FA

23 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

"If someone hasn't said anything racist in 10 years but blurts it out in the heat of the moment, that doesn't make him a racist"

"If someone hasn't murdered anyone in 10 years, but stabs someone in the chest in the heat of the moment, that doesn't make him a murderer"

Let's at least be consistent, yeah? :rolleyes:

(Btw, this is not me calling FF guilty... merely pointing out the warped logic of some people in this thread)

That's not a very good comparison it's a bit like saying "sticks and stones may break my bones but names will never hurt me"

Two completely different actions with two corresponding very different results.

4 minutes ago, royalowlisback said:

I got called a white-faced b4st4rd by an Asian guy in my shop on Saturday because he bought something in error and I couldn't refund him (a mobile phone top-up - that only has a very short refund period). I didn't retaliate and call him anything racist in return, I actually found it quite amusing to be honest. There is no doubting that I am a complete b3st4rd, but white-faced was quite an insult - my face is as brown/red due to the heatwave as it has ever been!

I didn't ring the police, have a breakdown or get my knickers in a twist about it, I did however get my cricket bat out when he refused to leave the shop - so I suppose it's horses for courses, who knows how any of us would react in the situation......

Exactly what I mean......footballers should man up and get over it...name calling that’s all it is...I bet Christie was calling forestieri some right crap in the game...first time colour is brought into it...out comes the racism card....sometimes you’ve got to harden up like normal working people have too and not be a over sensitive ..jumped up 2nd rate ..unknown footballer 

Guest Bulgaria
1 hour ago, southportdc said:

Most people have biases even if they aren't aware of them, yes.

In my old job they gave us a test to demonstrate this (was essentially linking good and bad words with white, black and Asian faces - the idea being that your biases will mean you find it easier/quicker to link 'good' words with faces you like). Turns out that subconsciously I am quite racist.

Most people manage to avoid racially abusing people though (if Fernando did, which we don't know). 

Good point.

or, say you were waiting for a tube ( subway) in New York, or London for that matter and your train arrives...

one carriage is full of black folk, and the next carriage is full of white folk..... which carriage would you go into?

I am sure folk are going to say " i dont care, or i wouldn't notice, and thats fair enough, but lets say for the sake of argument... which carriage would you feel most comfortable in?

I hope we never play the likes of Lincoln and Mansfield again. Absolute sh*tstains on the ass end of English football, full of fans that think because they are playing one of England’s top teams in a friendly that they are out there to collect a scalp.

Never again you parochial little tinpot lower league clubs, never again will we grace your rustbucket stadiums with our thousands of fans. Hope they go out of business.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bulgaria said:

Good point.

or, say you were waiting for a tube ( subway) in New York, or London for that matter and your train arrives...

one carriage is full of black folk, and the next carriage is full of white folk..... which carriage would you go into?

I am sure folk are going to say " i dont care, or i wouldn't notice, and thats fair enough, but lets say for the sake of argument... which carriage would you feel most comfortable in?

The one with the black dudes definitely 

Have you been on a New York Sub? 

The dancing and music is a sight to behold ...

• Haha 2

Guest Bulgaria
1 hour ago, sheffsteel said:

I see you point, certain types of abuse are almost a hanging offence whereas other types of abuse are kind of acceptable, sometimes seem as a bit of humour.

I suppose what makes it so bad is that certain groups (black Africans slaves, Jews in the WW2)  have been historically murdered. tortured, bullied, degraded and humiliated. Think those historical facts drastically change things and don’t compare to someone targeted for having ginger hair or being fat.

Fair enough, but thats not to say the fat lad or Ginger lad is less upset or less effected.

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Those ruddy ethnic minorities eh?

What they like eh?  with their incessant moaning and complaining about racism n that?

*bangs head on desk*

I’m just saying it’s always in the back pocket ready to be used when there’s no need...

1 hour ago, sheffsteel said:

Of course you wouldn’t be offended. I wouldn’t be offended being called white either.

I was in Belfast about 20 years ago and was called an “English poopydoo” (child with unmarried parents) outside a night club in the early hours.

Didnt bother me at all but did feel weird someone referring to me being English in a detrimental fashion.

In this country white people arent being bullied, persecuted, degraded and murdered based on their colour.

If it became widespread then no doubt some specific protection law would come out for white people too.

Are you sure about that?

I think there are hundreds of underage vulnerable white girls in Rotherham, Newcastle, Rochdale, Oxford, etc, etc who may disagree with you!

where’s  their ‘specific protection law’?

Racism in ALL forms is abhorrent but a one way street it isn’t!

Blurting something out in the heat as you say may very well be racist.

But somehow I find it different.

If you are friends with people of a certain race, wouldn't judge people of a certain race or deny them equal opportunities, have no I'll feeling towards people of said race, then I would find it hard to think of myself as a racist just because I got mardy and hit someone with a low blow in a fight.

I just feel there are certain levels of racism where you don't deserve hanging.

I'm glad to see this thread still going and it's not got too tasty.

But I'm out now.

I would like to think of the allegations are true then it could be handled sensitively , fairly and with common sense.

IE no massive court case and throwing tomatoes at someone in the stocks just because it's the thing to be seen doing.

8 minutes ago, Bulgaria said:

Good point.

Either, because I don’t judge people by the amount of melanin in their skin or because they were born at the other side of some arbitrary lines drew up on a map long before I was born.

Now if the carriage full of white people were all skinheads with swastika tattoos then which one would you feel more comfortable in? 

1 minute ago, casbahowl said:

Are you sure about that?

I think there are hundreds of underage vulnerable white girls in Rotherham, Newcastle, Rochdale, Oxford, etc, etc who may disagree with you!

where’s  their ‘specific protection law’?

Racism in ALL forms is abhorrent but a one way street it isn’t!

Don’t worry I doubt anybody cares about those young girls, there’s no virtue signal points in fighting for them. That’s why it’s still going on and nobody gives a stuff. Much easier to complain about mansplaining, now that’s the real issue.

Guest Bulgaria
50 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

Thought this was a hot smoothie.

fergiemilf.gif

Is that Fergie from Black eyed peas?

Didnt she bring out a song called " i am Fergie-lishous"

What a complete plonker.

12 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

So basically you just need to say the first part of that sentence and leave it there

Racism in ALL forms is abhorrent

Mate it was a direct reply to a perfectly reasonable post by Sheffsteel.

If you’re gonna quote me I think the whole reply should be included just to keep things in context!