#SWFC NEWS | Mansfield report racist abuse offence to police and FA

4 hours ago, OxonOwl said:

I think it is perfectly possible to say things you don't believe.

Isn't that true?

If I think the thing that will hurt you the most is to call you a blade, I might call you a blade. If I knew this were wrong I might not do it or only do it under extreme provocation. It is possible to say this even if I know you are an Owl. It is possible to say this even if I don't believe you are a blade.

The same is possible with racist words. Is that not true?

The words you say are not always what you are.

I really don't get the point you are trying to make here. Calling a Wednesday fan a blade is nowhere close to calling someone of a different culture or race a shamefully derogative name; actually its role reversal isn't it. I have welsh family so if you call me an irish **** I am less likely to be offended than I would be if I was actually Irish? 

either way that anology doesn't make sense to me. 

I just really hope whatever happened either way gets dealt with appropriately and justly. I don't believe the club would have released that statement if they really thought it happened.

1 hour ago, NorthernOwl said:

I have a feeling this thread would look very different if it was one of our players who was alleging they had been racially abused.

It wouldn't happen. When do Wednesday complain about anything like that. Why didnt they put a formal complaint on the kick to Tom Lees. Because we get walked on ,sh*t on and we just don't want to cause any waves. But its ok for others to complain about us.

13 minutes ago, royalowlisback said:

I got called a white-faced b4st4rd by an Asian guy in my shop on Saturday because he bought something in error and I couldn't refund him (a mobile phone top-up - that only has a very short refund period). I didn't retaliate and call him anything racist in return, I actually found it quite amusing to be honest. There is no doubting that I am a complete b3st4rd, but white-faced was quite an insult - my face is as brown/red due to the heatwave as it has ever been!

I didn't ring the police, have a breakdown or get my knickers in a twist about it, I did however get my cricket bat out when he refused to leave the shop - so I suppose it's horses for courses, who knows how any of us would react in the situation......

This is how an adult reacts to name calling.

2 minutes ago, Woodyowl450 said:

reminds me of an article I read once that put a good argument to say tomato soup is actually a hot smoothie lol

ha ha that's amazing

You just know someone's gonna read that and open a hot smoothie cafe-bar-cade in Kelham Island right?

Owlstalk Shop

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Everyone has opinions and you have every right to yours

I just think that any namecalling is poor form but anything regarding race, gender, sexuality etc - nahhhh not in 2018

Why is 2018 any different to any other years.  

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

This thread is now batshit mentalist

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

This thread is now batshit mentalist

What did youe xpect when you typed it

"If someone hasn't said anything racist in 10 years but blurts it out in the heat of the moment, that doesn't make him a racist"

"If someone hasn't murdered anyone in 10 years, but stabs someone in the chest in the heat of the moment, that doesn't make him a murderer"

Let's at least be consistent, yeah? :rolleyes:

(Btw, this is not me calling FF guilty... merely pointing out the warped logic of some people in this thread)

42 minutes ago, royalowlisback said:

I got called a white-faced b4st4rd by an Asian guy in my shop on Saturday because he bought something in error and I couldn't refund him (a mobile phone top-up - that only has a very short refund period). I didn't retaliate and call him anything racist in return, I actually found it quite amusing to be honest. There is no doubting that I am a complete b3st4rd, but white-faced was quite an insult - my face is as brown/red due to the heatwave as it has ever been!

I didn't ring the police, have a breakdown or get my knickers in a twist about it, I did however get my cricket bat out when he refused to leave the shop - so I suppose it's horses for courses, who knows how any of us would react in the situation......

Nice to hear you sorted out over a game of cricket.  Very British and Asian.

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

"If someone hasn't said anything racist in 10 years but blurts it out in the heat of the moment, that doesn't make him a racist"

"If someone hasn't murdered anyone in 10 years, but stabs someone in the chest in the heat of the moment, that doesn't make him a murderer"

(Btw, this is not me calling FF guilty... merely pointing out the warped logic of some people in this thread)

Deary me :rolleyes:

21 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

I know what you're trying to say I have to disagree, but that's quite a drastic comparison.