#SWFC NEWS | Mansfield report racist abuse offence to police and FA

28 minutes ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

Give over ffs.

28 year old law abiding, family man, with no reported history of racism of ANY kind, blurts out 1 word (hypothetically) in the heat of the moment immediately after being violently assaulted...

There's a difference between an actual racist, and a decent man who's made a mistake and used a racial slur in a state of retaliatory anger. In my opinion. 

Punishment? Yes. If guilty. But without evidence of any previous, it's totally out of character and an isolated incident. 

I get the sentiment behind "zero tolerance" and stamping racism out, but every case should be looked at in context imo. 

23 minutes ago, coreyswfc said:

You missed the option for fessi was getting kicked all game so made a racist comment to their player because he wanted to hurt him. But  has never made a racist remark to a player before in 10 years of professional football because he isn't racist. IF he has done it he should be punished by the club and not outed for being a racist because of 1 mistake.

Because I don't think your retort in a case of anger would be go straight to racism if you aren't a little bit racist.

• Like 1

Guest Bulgaria
1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Everyone has opinions and you have every right to yours

I just think that any namecalling is poor form but anything regarding race, gender, sexuality etc - nahhhh not in 2018

Serious question matey...

What makes you think someone being called a fat ******* would be less  offended than what we are on about?

Listen, racism is abhorrent, no need for it anywhere and it should be punished, no arguments there at all.

I used to take my sisters little lad to games when Megson was in charge, he has red hair and sometimes he would be in tears with some of the things he heard around him that was directed at Megson, eventually he stopped coming.

So whats the difference, should he just accept it, or is that as bad as a racist comment?

I get all the Racism is illegal stuff, but do you get my point? I asked this the other day and was shot down.

Should all the people shouting offensive stuff about Red haired folks be banned?

6 minutes ago, southportdc said:

Because I don't think your retort in a case of anger would be go straight to racism if you aren't a little bit racist.

You don't believe it's possible to do something completely out of character when the red mist descends?

People are sometimes given extremely lenient punishments in courts for acts of violence, if it's deemed to be completely out of character.

Just now, Bulgaria said:

What makes you think someone being called a fat ******* would be less  offended than what we are on about?

Listen, racism is abhorrent, no need for it anywhere and it should be punished, no arguments there at all.

I used to take my sisters little lad to games when Megson was in charge, he has red hair and sometimes he would be in tears with some of the things he heard around him that was directed at Megson, eventually he stopped coming.

So whats the difference, should he just accept it, or is that as bad as a racist comment?

I get all the Racism is illegal stuff, but do you get my point? I asked this the other day and was shot down.

Should all the people shouting offensive stuff about Red haired folks be banned?

Got ya - I misunderstood your question entirely last time and thought you were making light of a racism point

Now you've elaborated I agree that pretty much any namecalling is just sad times by people who can't communicate their feelings eloquently or intelligently so just resort to fat, bald, ginger, irish etc etc

Owlstalk Shop

4 minutes ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

You don't believe it's possible to do something completely out of character when the red mist descends?

People are sometimes given extremely lenient punishments in courts for acts of violence, if it's deemed to be completely out of character.

Out of character yes. 

Just don't think it's the first place your brain goes if you aren't a bit racist.

Mock him for being a poo footballer who lives in Mansfield ffs.

9 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Isn't everyone a little bit racist?

Most people have biases even if they aren't aware of them, yes.

In my old job they gave us a test to demonstrate this (was essentially linking good and bad words with white, black and Asian faces - the idea being that your biases will mean you find it easier/quicker to link 'good' words with faces you like). Turns out that subconsciously I am quite racist.

Most people manage to avoid racially abusing people though (if Fernando did, which we don't know). 

• Thanks 1

Why is anyone even questioning Fessis behaviour without knowing what was said. If he said something why didn't the player speak with the ref straight away like most teams do now . A week later they issue a statement saying they have passed it to the FA and police. I also dont believe the Wednesday players would have supported him had it been alleged at the time .Only the 2 players know what they believe was said or not said. One mans word against another. I will back  a Wednesday player until there is evidence conclusively to prove other wise. WAWAW

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Bulgaria said:

I see you point, certain types of abuse are almost a hanging offence whereas other types of abuse are kind of acceptable, sometimes seem as a bit of humour.

I suppose what makes it so bad is that certain groups (black Africans slaves, Jews in the WW2)  have been historically murdered. tortured, bullied, degraded and humiliated. Think those historical facts drastically change things and don’t compare to someone targeted for having ginger hair or being fat.

Edited by sheffsteel

I got called a white-faced b4st4rd by an Asian guy in my shop on Saturday because he bought something in error and I couldn't refund him (a mobile phone top-up - that only has a very short refund period). I didn't retaliate and call him anything racist in return, I actually found it quite amusing to be honest. There is no doubting that I am a complete b3st4rd, but white-faced was quite an insult - my face is as brown/red due to the heatwave as it has ever been!

I didn't ring the police, have a breakdown or get my knickers in a twist about it, I did however get my cricket bat out when he refused to leave the shop - so I suppose it's horses for courses, who knows how any of us would react in the situation......

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, royalowlisback said:

I got called a white-faced b4st4rd by an Asian guy in my shop on Saturday because he bought something in error and I couldn't refund him (a mobile phone top-up - that only has a very short refund period). I didn't retaliate and call him anything racist in return, I actually found it quite amusing to be honest. There is no doubting that I am a complete b3st4rd, but white-faced was quite an insult - my face is as brown/red due to the heatwave as it has ever been!

I didn't ring the police, have a breakdown or get my knickers in a twist about it, I did however get my cricket bat out when he refused to leave the shop - so I suppose it's horses for courses, who knows how any of us would react in the situation......

How come it's got a short refund period?

Owlstalk Shop

7 minutes ago, royalowlisback said:

Of course you wouldn’t be offended. I wouldn’t be offended being called white either.

I was in Belfast about 20 years ago and was called an “English poopydoo” (child with unmarried parents) outside a night club in the early hours.

Didnt bother me at all but did feel weird someone referring to me being English in a detrimental fashion.

In this country white people arent being bullied, persecuted, degraded and murdered based on their colour.

If it became widespread then no doubt some specific protection law would come out for white people too.

Edited by sheffsteel

Just now, @owlstalk said:

How come it's got a short refund period?

He bought it a few hours earlier, and as I explained to him when he bought it - after a few minutes the sale cannot be refunded as per the policy of epay (who are phone top-ups are processed through). There is a lot of fraud with pay-as-you-go top-ups, people using the voucher then saying they bought the wrong one etc. Within a few minutes we are billed for the Top-up, minus our commission, on this particular top up Talk Home Mobile our is 0.5%, so our cut being 5p on the £10 top-up.

3 minutes ago, sheffsteel said:

Of course you wouldn’t be offended. I wouldn’t be offended being called white either.

I was in Belfast about 20 years ago and was called an “English poopydoo” outside a night club in the early hours.

Didnt bother me at all but did feel weird someone referring to me being English in a detrimental fashion.

In this country white people arent being bullied, persecuted, degraded and murdered based on their colour.

If it became widespread then no doubt some specific protection law would come out for white people too.

Maybe so, but his first words in anger were to comment on my colour, had I done the same to him I would have been vilified for it....

1 minute ago, royalowlisback said:

He bought it a few hours earlier, and as I explained to him when he bought it - after a few minutes the sale cannot be refunded as per the policy of epay (who are phone top-ups are processed through). There is a lot of fraud with pay-as-you-go top-ups, people using the voucher then saying they bought the wrong one etc. Within a few minutes we are billed for the Top-up, minus our commission, on this particular top up Talk Home Mobile our is 0.5%, so our cut being 5p on the £10 top-up.

Got ya

You learn something new every day eh!

What kind of person buys a top up card then takes it back anyway? Weird that

Owlstalk Shop