The Graph Thread 2018/19 - Looking at the bigger picture

So based on the charts if I am reading them right if we don't at least draw the next game we are in a worse position for points than we were this time last season when relegation was a real chance, I know the league is a lot more open this season but it kind of puts it into context that the team is not doing any better than last season when a great run at the back end of the season prevented any worries about relegation. 

57 minutes ago, mark1948 said:

I'm sorry Ethel I have to disagree on this point.

That's okay, it's all relative anyway as far as I'm concerned

I'm listening to these games live on iFollow - it's not ideal and I get a fairly detached idea of what's going on

Before I get to watch the full match replay on iFollow I've already read some of the views expressed (here, general media) and seen the goal highlights etc

So when I actually sit down and watch the game myself I tend to measure what I see against what I'm expecting to see

To this end, the Boro performance (okay, 2nd half tbf) was worse that I thought it would be, and v QPR it looked a lot better than the reaction warranted

916044234_GraphMatch15201819.thumb.jpg.a62d03fa05c0c5ae96b3284ab2fde594.jpg

image.thumb.png.dc79fee121d0718b37a1c287b3070a9b.png

Another loss sees our yellow bars creeping ever closer to the red relegation line. If, it's unthinkable I know, that we lose the next two we are right on the relegation form line and we will have lost at Bramall Lane.

Our proclivity to give the ball away cheaply when in good possession, and not fully complete some challenges, coupled with glaring errors, such as Palmer's amazing miss, continue to hinder any progress.

We can and must do better, we are not yet in crisis but unless we get a grip soon we are in danger of bringing one upon ourselves. Lets just buck up and get back to winning ways.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, mark1948 said:

916044234_GraphMatch15201819.thumb.jpg.a62d03fa05c0c5ae96b3284ab2fde594.jpg

image.thumb.png.dc79fee121d0718b37a1c287b3070a9b.png

Another loss sees our yellow bars creeping ever closer to the red relegation line. If, it's unthinkable I know, that we lose the next two we are right on the relegation form line and we will have lost at Bramall Lane.

Our proclivity to give the ball away cheaply when in good possession, and not fully complete some challenges, coupled with glaring errors, such as Palmer's amazing miss, continue to hinder any progress.

We can and must do better, we are not yet in crisis but unless we get a grip soon we are in danger of bringing one upon ourselves. Lets just buck up and get back to winning ways.

Unthinkable we will lose the next two? Really? Can see us losing the next three and being well and truly in the brown stuff

14 minutes ago, Plonk said:

Unthinkable we will lose the next two? Really? Can see us losing the next three and being well and truly in the brown stuff

I say "unthinkable" because most Owls wouldn't like to think that we will lose United, not that it is not likely to lose another three in a row. It is entirely possible the way we are playing right now.

586060416_GraphMatch16201819.thumb.jpg.47d108c27e27360ed90b658b9240ce6c.jpg

image.thumb.png.abded9acd8161e86964732edf0dec49d.png

Well we are still five points behind where we were two years ago so theoretically can catch it up between games 33 and 39, but, here's the rub, we simply fail to be able to play even the simplest of passes without giving the ball away. Once Norwich's manager realises that all you have to do is run at a Wednesday player, almost any Wednesday player, he will panic and give you the ball, the game was up. 

The old adage, if you keep doing the same things you will get the same results, is pertinent. If we play this way on Friday it'll be a bloodbath. Watching Wednesday right now is scarier than any horror movie. You can at least watch a horror movie through your fingers, yesterday at Hillsborough I simply couldn't look. The Hillsborough Hush was deafening, the squirming in seats was frantic, the absence of negative comment said it all, we've started to expect it.

Its got to be different on Friday or I fear for our League status. I don't care who plays on Friday the game plan has to change mightily because none of the players seem comfortable with the current game plan, I am assuming that there is one, but I may be wrong.