Jump to content


RyanSWFC

The Graph Thread 2018/19 - Looking at the bigger picture

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Holmowl said:

Accepting the cliche that there’s no easy games in the Championship, our next two are at least near the top of the category marked “winnable”. A struggling Reading away, and a struggling Stoke at what is turning into Fortress Hillsborough again, are mouth-watering on our current form.

 

I usually hate when we're playing struggling teams because we've traditionally ended their runs; but now with our back to back wins against Millwall and Ipswich - who I've usually put in that category - maybe this year could be a bit different?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, N0rtherner said:

 

I usually hate when we're playing struggling teams because we've traditionally ended their runs; but now with our back to back wins against Millwall and Ipswich - who I've usually put in that category - maybe this year could be a bit different?

 

BTW you really in Norway?

 

Im on holiday with the family in Bergen. Just left Stavanger yesterday. Loving it. The drive and ferries from Stavanger to Bergen was just a joy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

BTW you really in Norway?

 

Im on holiday with the family in Bergen. Just left Stavanger yesterday. Loving it. The drive and ferries from Stavanger to Bergen was just a joy.

 

Yea, I live in Oslo. But it's not so strange as I'm a Norwegian Owl ;)

 

Glad you're having a good time, the west of Norway is really great scenery!

Edited by N0rtherner
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking at the OP graphs, my pre season prediction (posted under my avatar) of 54-56 points is looking good (unfortunately)

Edited by camffiti
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 25/08/2018 at 21:32, fpowl said:

out of curiosity does anybody know our last 15 home games form?

 

Since Jos has been in charge for 16 home games in total (incl FA Cup) maybe we should include those ...

 

P 16   W 8   D 4   L 4    F 29   A 17

 

Although it's the last five that make the best reading :happy: ...

 

P 5   W 4   D 1   L 0    F 13   A 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, mark1948 said:

 

1087552822_GraphMatch5201819.thumb.jpg.b35b5989dbb3497ab763d67822fd2ef5.jpg

 

 

 

 

 

Interesting that we only scored 3 or more goals in a single game 10 times in 92 games. 3 of those were in the season we reached the play offs, 7 were in the season we did not

 

Puts the expression "we should have beaten teams like (insert opponent's name) easily" into some context

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah for Ryan.

 

Keep that yellow line going up.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Scary that last season was at that point or best start under chansiri

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

2050563909_GraphMatch6201819.thumb.jpg.2846b0aca6491fc8abc04152cb9495a9.jpg

image.thumb.png.d75fffa1d2a431b39c81427425585560.png

 

Its nice to see solid green on the comparison with the season before last. 2-1 Ken on Radio Sheffield will be in the money.

 

Stoke, Forest, Villa and Leeds coming up next. Will our tougher style pay off? I can't answer that right now but these are games that we want to be winning for four different reasons.

 

Stoke:   Not the best of starts. In the past we have been the suckers who give a struggling team a leg up, lets stop that now and dent their confidence once more too thwart their challenge.

Forest:  They will see us as a competitor for their place in the league. We have to win so that we don't slide.

Villa:      By the time we play Villa we will know if they have recovered from their tonking in S2. If they have recovered we need to impose further doubt in their ranks by emulating last season. If the haven't we need to ensure that they stay down.

Leeds:   Beating Leeds should take us top of the league if we've beated Stoke, Forest and Villa.

 

Tin hat firmly secured.

 

  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Two wins, two defeats and a draw, from our next 5 matches, to equal where we were after 11 games in the 16/17 season where we finished 4th.

 

Roughly 1/4 way though the season.

 

We can do even better I’m very confident.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 27/08/2018 at 08:53, Ethel The Tree said:

 

Since Jos has been in charge for 16 home games in total (incl FA Cup) maybe we should include those ...

 

P 16   W 8   D 4   L 4    F 29   A 17

 

Although it's the last five that make the best reading :happy: ...

 

P 5   W 4   D 1   L 0    F 13   A 4

And yet we still had fans before the match once the team had been announced saying Jos was clueless - ironic really.

 

:duntmatter:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Two wins, two defeats and a draw, from our next 5 matches, to equal where we were after 11 games in the 16/17 season where we finished 4th.

 

Roughly 1/4 way though the season.

 

We can do even better I’m very confident.

Stop it with that positivity of yours... you’ll be branded a Happy Clapper 

 

lol

 

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, mark1948 said:

 

2050563909_GraphMatch6201819.thumb.jpg.2846b0aca6491fc8abc04152cb9495a9.jpg

image.thumb.png.d75fffa1d2a431b39c81427425585560.png

 

Its nice to see solid green on the comparison with the season before last. 2-1 Ken on Radio Sheffield will be in the money.

 

Stoke, Forest, Villa and Leeds coming up next. Will our tougher style pay off? I can't answer that right now but these are games that we want to be winning for four different reasons.

 

Stoke:   Not the best of starts. In the past we have been the suckers who give a struggling team a leg up, lets stop that now and dent their confidence once more too thwart their challenge.

Forest:  They will see us as a competitor for their place in the league. We have to win so that we don't slide.

Villa:      By the time we play Villa we will know if they have recovered from their tonking in S2. If they have recovered we need to impose further doubt in their ranks by emulating last season. If the haven't we need to ensure that they stay down.

Leeds:   Beating Leeds should take us top of the league if we've beated Stoke, Forest and Villa.

 

Tin hat firmly secured.

 

Great work mate. Can  I make a suggestion?

 

The bar chart would be much better with just a simple white background, much easy to see what's going on imho.

 

Thanks for putting this stuff together. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, owls101 said:

Great work mate. Can  I make a suggestion?

 

The bar chart would be much better with just a simple white background, much easy to see what's going on imho.

 

Thanks for putting this stuff together. 

if I was still attending management meetings where embellishment is deemed crass I would agree with you. As I don't anymore I enjoy the freedom to embellish without restraint.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, mark1948 said:

if I was still attending management meetings where embellishment is deemed crass I would agree with you. As I don't anymore I enjoy the freedom to embellish without restraint.

No worries mate. UTO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, owls101 said:

No worries mate. UTO

 

Thanks I didn't mean to come across as holier than thou. I appreciate your interest. Thanks again.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, mark1948 said:

if I was still attending management meetings where embellishment is deemed crass I would agree with you. As I don't anymore I enjoy the freedom to embellish without restraint.

 

Is that bottom embellished picture the view from our restricted view seating?  :ph34r:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 02/09/2018 at 11:05, mark1948 said:

 

 

image.thumb.png.d75fffa1d2a431b39c81427425585560.png

 

 

 

What's that thick blue line around match 40? Is it how many times we have hit the post?

 

 

Edited by owlandished
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, owlandished said:

 

What's that thick blue line around match 40? Is it how many times we have hit the post?

 

 

 

Thats the sod Wembley we're going for Auto marker. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...