The Graph Thread 2018/19 - Looking at the bigger picture

1 hour ago, Holmowl said:

Accepting the cliche that there’s no easy games in the Championship, our next two are at least near the top of the category marked “winnable”. A struggling Reading away, and a struggling Stoke at what is turning into Fortress Hillsborough again, are mouth-watering on our current form.

I usually hate when we're playing struggling teams because we've traditionally ended their runs; but now with our back to back wins against Millwall and Ipswich - who I've usually put in that category - maybe this year could be a bit different?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, N0rtherner said:

I usually hate when we're playing struggling teams because we've traditionally ended their runs; but now with our back to back wins against Millwall and Ipswich - who I've usually put in that category - maybe this year could be a bit different?

BTW you really in Norway?

Im on holiday with the family in Bergen. Just left Stavanger yesterday. Loving it. The drive and ferries from Stavanger to Bergen was just a joy.

4 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

BTW you really in Norway?

Im on holiday with the family in Bergen. Just left Stavanger yesterday. Loving it. The drive and ferries from Stavanger to Bergen was just a joy.

Yea, I live in Oslo. But it's not so strange as I'm a Norwegian Owl ;)

Glad you're having a good time, the west of Norway is really great scenery!

Edited by N0rtherner
  • Like 2

On 25/08/2018 at 21:32, fpowl said:

out of curiosity does anybody know our last 15 home games form?

Since Jos has been in charge for 16 home games in total (incl FA Cup) maybe we should include those ...

P 16   W 8   D 4   L 4    F 29   A 17

Although it's the last five that make the best reading :happy: ...

P 5   W 4   D 1   L 0    F 13   A 4

21 hours ago, mark1948 said:

1087552822_GraphMatch5201819.thumb.jpg.b35b5989dbb3497ab763d67822fd2ef5.jpg

Interesting that we only scored 3 or more goals in a single game 10 times in 92 games. 3 of those were in the season we reached the play offs, 7 were in the season we did not

Puts the expression "we should have beaten teams like (insert opponent's name) easily" into some context

2050563909_GraphMatch6201819.thumb.jpg.2846b0aca6491fc8abc04152cb9495a9.jpg

image.thumb.png.d75fffa1d2a431b39c81427425585560.png

Its nice to see solid green on the comparison with the season before last. 2-1 Ken on Radio Sheffield will be in the money.

Stoke, Forest, Villa and Leeds coming up next. Will our tougher style pay off? I can't answer that right now but these are games that we want to be winning for four different reasons.

Stoke:   Not the best of starts. In the past we have been the suckers who give a struggling team a leg up, lets stop that now and dent their confidence once more too thwart their challenge.

Forest:  They will see us as a competitor for their place in the league. We have to win so that we don't slide.

Villa:      By the time we play Villa we will know if they have recovered from their tonking in S2. If they have recovered we need to impose further doubt in their ranks by emulating last season. If the haven't we need to ensure that they stay down.

Leeds:   Beating Leeds should take us top of the league if we've beated Stoke, Forest and Villa.

Tin hat firmly secured.

• Thanks 3

On 27/08/2018 at 08:53, Ethel The Tree said:

Since Jos has been in charge for 16 home games in total (incl FA Cup) maybe we should include those ...

P 16   W 8   D 4   L 4    F 29   A 17

Although it's the last five that make the best reading :happy: ...

P 5   W 4   D 1   L 0    F 13   A 4

And yet we still had fans before the match once the team had been announced saying Jos was clueless - ironic really.

:duntmatter:

17 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Two wins, two defeats and a draw, from our next 5 matches, to equal where we were after 11 games in the 16/17 season where we finished 4th.

Roughly 1/4 way though the season.

We can do even better I’m very confident.

Stop it with that positivity of yours... you’ll be branded a Happy Clapper 

lol

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, mark1948 said:

2050563909_GraphMatch6201819.thumb.jpg.2846b0aca6491fc8abc04152cb9495a9.jpg

image.thumb.png.d75fffa1d2a431b39c81427425585560.png

Its nice to see solid green on the comparison with the season before last. 2-1 Ken on Radio Sheffield will be in the money.

Stoke, Forest, Villa and Leeds coming up next. Will our tougher style pay off? I can't answer that right now but these are games that we want to be winning for four different reasons.

Stoke:   Not the best of starts. In the past we have been the suckers who give a struggling team a leg up, lets stop that now and dent their confidence once more too thwart their challenge.

Forest:  They will see us as a competitor for their place in the league. We have to win so that we don't slide.

Villa:      By the time we play Villa we will know if they have recovered from their tonking in S2. If they have recovered we need to impose further doubt in their ranks by emulating last season. If the haven't we need to ensure that they stay down.

Leeds:   Beating Leeds should take us top of the league if we've beated Stoke, Forest and Villa.

Tin hat firmly secured.

Great work mate. Can  I make a suggestion?

The bar chart would be much better with just a simple white background, much easy to see what's going on imho.

Thanks for putting this stuff together. 

1 hour ago, owls101 said:

Great work mate. Can  I make a suggestion?

The bar chart would be much better with just a simple white background, much easy to see what's going on imho.

Thanks for putting this stuff together. 

if I was still attending management meetings where embellishment is deemed crass I would agree with you. As I don't anymore I enjoy the freedom to embellish without restraint.

• Haha 2