The Graph Thread 2018/19 - Looking at the bigger picture

2 hours ago, RyanSWFC said:

Update after Millwall. What a difference a game makes - if we beat Ipswich on Saturday it will be our best start to a season in the Chansiri era.

Untitled.png

Question is, when does the "start to a season" actually end?

Looking at your graphs (thanks), it wasn't until around the 18th match played that we started to fall off the pace last season. Up to that point there's not much separating the years when we got to the play offs from the year we did not

Edited by owlandished
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, owlandished said:

Question is, when does the "start to a season" actually end?

These days, I'd say by the first international break

In our case, 6 league games & 2 cup ties

We're normally a bit erratic to begin with, but after that ...

giphy.gif

To say we are one of the stronger finishes to a season I do hope we can be in or around the playoffs come Christmas 

all we need is a few great additions and to get our injured players back 

the youngsters are bedding in nicely 

Our next three league games will be pretty important to set us up for a great season 

reading, Stoke and Forrest. Non have found form yet so at the moment all winnable 7 points out of that 9 would put us in playoffs or on the verge in my opinion then we just have to maintain it and build on it 

I’ve got my positive head on tonight 

Still starting to head in the right direction it’s a big if butvif we win our next game we should jump up about 3/4 places which would put us around 10th going into the break.

couple of loan signings, players coming back and getting fitter and the youngster getting bedded  I’d say that’s a very positive position to be in coming out of the two week break 

get off off to a winning start after that and we’re bordering the play offs 

considering our summer that’s a great position to be in

weve just got to kick in and leave the summer behind us

remember our last 5 games 

won 3 drawn 1 lost 1 it’s not dosastwrous form and whilst the performances might not be there yet our home form is pretty good and will have us being more confident and other teams being more wary of that 

out of curiosity does anybody know our last 15 home games form?  

Edited by fpowl

Another little change at the top (i wish), on the SWFC quick reference line.

Now have points showing + or - position relating to Last relegation place, last play off place and last auto place.

2008265823_1Aug25-2018.thumb.PNG.cf07dd841d7a012e64b554ffed769f7a.PNG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

No big movement from Mini Pigs v Millwall game

IF Mini's win, they go 1 place & 1 point behind us.

IF it's a draw, then Mini's stay behind us  by 3 Points, but they will stay out of relegation places.

IF it's a draw, then Millwall stay behind us  by 1 Point.

IF Millwall win, they go above us by 1 point.

1087552822_GraphMatch5201819.thumb.jpg.b35b5989dbb3497ab763d67822fd2ef5.jpg

image.thumb.png.e884184a1e62b5829f314429077ed089.png

Although the chances of Automatic promotion are almost non-existent according to the post above, our table which is comparing this season with the season before last when we finished 4th, shows that we are 2 points better of than we were then. This then is our best first five game total points for that period.

I'm not saying we are going to romp the league or anything, especially as our frailties are visible for us all to see, but if we pick up to emulate the form at the end of last season, we could yet do something good.

• Like 2

Accepting the cliche that there’s no easy games in the Championship, our next two are at least near the top of the category marked “winnable”. A struggling Reading away, and a struggling Stoke at what is turning into Fortress Hillsborough again, are mouth-watering on our current form.

Win both - 13 points from 7 = threatening top two season.

Win and Draw - 11 points from 7 = threatening play-offs season.

One can dream.

• Like 1

On 25/08/2018 at 22:33, owlandished said:

Saw this in the Times today, so thought I'd post it here.

methode-times-prod-web-bin-27d889ce-a7c5-11e8-81b1-5f6c4c87b639.png.c6b2223812d4d77839dc267dc2199b01.png

Apparently, before today's game, we have less than 1% chance of automatic promotion and a 30.3% chance of relegation

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/sport/leeds-chance-shows-difficulty-of-championship-gbplnpxf9

Utter twonk that. Times; makes the Star look like a balanced, well written read. Lol