The Graph Thread 2018/19 - Looking at the bigger picture

4 hours ago, RyanSWFC said:

Update after Blackburn. 5 points from the playoff dotted line, which is exactly where we will be assuming Bristol City win their two games in hand (or 4 points off the playoffs if Derby win their game in hand). 

So it is looking like the points total needed for getting in the top 6 is on course for being around the usual average of 73.2 this season, meaning we will probably need around 18 points from our remaining 8 fixtures to sneak in. Tough ask really with tough fixtures to come.

Untitled.png

Why do you think it will take ~ 73 points Ryan? 

Just now, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

Nice to be competing rather than absolute bobbar each week.

Exactly. December I was thinking avoid a relegation battle and start pre paring for a re build. Now we have something to play for and looking good to boot. 

8 hours ago, Holmowl said:

I’d think it will be a bit lower - between 69 and 71 points based on where Villa, Derby and Bristol City are now. Goal difference will be important but it’s not as bad as I’d previously thought. Derby are certainly within range, requiring a 5 goal swing. Hope that we can field a strong side against Stoke and take at least a point from that game.

Loving the graph Ryan by the way!

Edited by The Regulator

3 minutes ago, The Regulator said:

I’d think it will be a bit lower - between 69 and 71 points based on where Villa, Derby and Bristol City are now. Goal difference will be important but it’s not as bad as I’d previously thought. Derby are certainly within range, requiring a 5 goal swing. Hope that we can field a strong side against Stoke and take at least a point from that game.

Loving the graph Ryan by the way!

fizz 1 point, need 3. Stoke is one of the easier games we have left so I'm defo of the mind we should be gunning for 3 points. Possible losses to Norwich and Leeds although I do think we can get something from those games. 

3 minutes ago, mozzy85 said:

fizz 1 point, need 3. Stoke is one of the easier games we have left so I'm defo of the mind we should be gunning for 3 points. Possible losses to Norwich and Leeds although I do think we can get something from those games. 

Dont get me wrong, would love 3 points but it’s the kind of game that we’ve historically struggled in. Maybe not now in the new world order under Bruce! I agree re Leeds / Norwich.

8 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Our post-Jos form is played 16, points 31.

So continuing that, another 8 games gives 15.5 points to put us on 70.5 points.

Preston are already 2 points ahead and have better form, so heading for 73 or more.

Villa 2 points ahead but hitting good form now.

And Boro, on a dodgy run, but with a game in hand and an extra point, only need 15 points from 9 games, to reach 73

I can see at least 2 of these 3 hitting 73 points.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

Nice to be competing rather than absolute bobbar each week.

It's just great to be looking forwards to watching us now. Used to feel like taking summat to hide behind when Jos was in charge

Derby and Bristol are on poor runs and I do not expect them to win games in hand. Also teams in contention are playing each other so points to get in play offs will be lower than normal. In addition Middlesborough in dire form at moment. Only way I see an higher total coming into play is if Villa Preston or ourselves go on winning streak between now and end of season. We normally drop points against teams like Bolton and Blackburn, the fact we won against both is encouraging. I see Stoke and Preston away as difficult games. Bielsa had a wobble at end of Leeds game which is a good sign, they are not scoring as freely as they were and when Leeds crash they really crash. Looking interesting.

On 06/04/2019 at 20:09, TodwickOwl said:

We can win the rest of our games excluding Norwich. 

15/18 would be a good points haul 

Bristol have a very tricky run in 

I think Norwich is winnable esp as they could be home and dry by then 

Edited by woodys