The Graph Thread 2018/19 - Looking at the bigger picture

1611183747_GraphMatch9201819.thumb.jpg.87412ca87b54e2c00205d66ac4be1b88.jpg

image.thumb.png.80cfbca565e5d5ea5bff0347f64c33ab.png

A great win yesterday that keeps us level with where we were two years ago.

The next four games are all against teams currently above us in the table. Three at home and one away at Bristol. Two years ago we took 7 points from the next four but then we had three away and one at home. It would be good if we could get 7 from the next four, anything better and we will be top two.

A win on Friday will take us to just one point behind Leeds, and with only Brentford and Bristol City of the teams above us with home games, the potential to close and in some cases overtake teams above us we should be in the top six at the close of play on Saturday.

The incentive to stay there should make us tough for West Brom and the win should breed the confidence to take Bristol City the type of team we know you have to battle against. A win there should have us set up as equals and play without fear against Middlesbrough.

Is 12 points possible? 

I doubt that there is a single one of you that believes that it is but there is just that little tingle...…….

Edited by mark1948
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, RyanSWFC said:

Update after Leeds.

Untitled.png

Interesting that at games 10 and 11 all 4 seasons have been almost identical. 

In 15/16 and 16/17 we kicked on nicely next. Last season we started our struggle now. I’m seeing lots of positive signs that we are ready to kick on this season.

1977888740_GraphMatch10201819.thumb.jpg.f9497315c7c84a82962851420be4db85.jpg

image.thumb.png.24a11e590408712eda93593228069f00.png

Game 10 and we are two points behind where we were two years ago and sitting outside of the top ten.

They say that the league reveals itself after 10 games and that you get a good idea of who will be in the shake up for top and those looking at the prospect of relegation.

This year it is so difficult at this stage to pick one standout team. There are fourteen teams covered by just five points from the top. 

Although Leeds looked far superior to us on Friday with their quick pass and move game, it is interesting to note that their recent results don't look that impressive. So, what's going on?

Well there are actually quite a lot of competent and good teams in those fourteen, all capable of resolute defending when needs must. Our performance on Friday was one of those, and snatching goals from unpromising positions. This league is littered with fantastic goals. Leeds equaliser against us wasn't too bad, I'll not mention it again.

All I can say is that the current top six won't be the same come May, and we will beat at least one of West Brom and Middlesbrough.

On 30/09/2018 at 11:20, mark1948 said:

This year it is so difficult at this stage to pick one standout team. There are fourteen teams covered by just five points from the top. 

I think we're playing this season's standout team tonight.

I hope we can put together another Aston Villa type performance, it would be awesome to move past this match with another 3 points. West Brom will be right up there and finish 1st or 2nd I believe.

Update after West Brom at home. Pretty much in the same position that we have been in all of the other 3 seasons under Chansiri's ownership. Shame to blow a lead tonight but still a decent point against a top side and not the end of the world.

Untitled.png

• Thanks 3