Mr Chansiri

We were crying out for someone to come in and give it a go.

big club, blah blah blah.

he put his money where his mouth was and had a go unfortunately it didn’t pay off, he took a few gambles along the way, of course you would if you could and thought you would achieve. 

For fizz sake get a grip, for the money we spent it was bound to happen. 

Wake up yer bunch of idiots.

10 minutes ago, damianb1 said:

The team that started the game before chansiri took over were

Westwood

Palmer

Loovens

Lees

Mattock

Maguire

Baker (Chelsea youngster)

Semedo

Maghoma

Nuhiu

Keane

Subs

Wildsmith

Dielna

Lee

May

Buxton

Lavery

Helan

Compare that to the players who we could field next Saturday and the team we have now is light years ahead. Yes Dc made plenty of mistakes (and will continue to do so) and appears to not always learn from his mistakes. However think about some of the football we have seen in the last 3 seasons especially, and what some of the players are capable of. I reckon you could get significantly north of £45m today if you sold our few best players which is significantly more than we paid for them.

you may be right but he doesn't seem to want /able to sell them and  its quite possible that they'll just sit out there contracts and walk away for free.and earn themselves vast wads of money  …….he never seems to have a plan to avoid problems and just deals with them (badly) as they land at his feet . 

1 minute ago, torryowl said:

you may be right but he doesn't seem to want /able to sell them and  its quite possible that they'll just sit out there contracts and walk away for free.and earn themselves vast wads of money  …….he never seems to have a plan to avoid problems and just deals with them (badly) as they land at his feet . 

The lack of sales for me is one of his biggest faults. The signing of older players on longer term deals is another but that may not have been solely his as I expect he wasn't negotiating the deals, he trusted somebody be else to do that and merely signed the cheques. He has to get more income into the club but the price increases have been ridiculous in some of the areas. His statement about wanting promotion within 2 years will be one I bet he wishes he had never made as it became a noose around the clubs neck and raised expectations. If you had said 5 years ago you will witness what we have over the next 5 years not 1 true fan could have been unhappy about the upcoming 5 years. We either now need to sell a couple of prize jewels to allow us to start again or (hopefully) tread water for a season or 2 before we start again.

2 hours ago, pgmetcalf said:

Rhodes is better than what we had except maybe for Hooper. CC didn't play his game and knocked his confidence 

Sick of hearing the same old shiite about not playing to Rhodes’s strenghs! How many times did we see him miss a free header from 2 yards out last season? Hes been dire for us, we all wanted him and we got him, but unfortunately we got the shadow of his former self!

7 hours ago, cain said:

Mr Chansiri really has to take the blame for the predicament that we’re in at the moment. Whether we’re under a transfer embargo or not, it’s plain to see that, for whatever reason, that we can’t bring anyone in. Over the last few years he has ploughed in millions BUT the vast majority has been wasted on players that are either no better than we had or in the wrong positions. We had one of the strongest forward lines in the country, so he bought Rhodes when we really didn’t need him. Even if he had been a success he should have offloaded some of the others. Anyone could see we needed defenders and the eight million that Rhodes cost could surely have sorted the defence out. I don’t know who’s advising Chansiri on who to buy or for what positions BUT they have really f@kked us big time. 

The blame for getting us within one match of the Premiership - if that had happened we wouldn't be in this state and Mr Chansiri wouldn't be getting any stick, and lets face it we couldn't have got any closer.

Give the man some credit, I think long term he will get things right with some good advice and experience.

WAWAW

6 hours ago, Philb125 said:

What I don’t get is how any fan / supporter that’s followed us over more than last three years can be so entitled? I mean we’ve been through far darker periods than this even in last 5-10 years. 

Unless i’m Mistaken here, and I may be: 

- GK: possibly best keeper in the league on our books, two solid championship level young keepers who you’d not be upset if they played. 

CB: Tom Lees as skipper, who we’ve battled to keep over the seasons fighting off interest from better clubs, Pudil; international standard player, getting on but been there and done it at this level. JvA, huge potential, giant who can play a bit and pick out a pass. If he could defend like Lees we wouldn’t be signing him a premiership team would. Three younguns coming through one of which already looks capable, Hutch & Fox in back up so I make that 8 into 3. 

WB: if we play wing backs, I personally feel we’ll be more 343, but similar players used: Boyd and Reach both with insane engines, both capable of playing either side. Palmer, looked decent against la liga team and got a goal, will get better as he plays more consistently, Baker, looks promising, Penney; no idea why we don’t see more of our supposed best youth prospect, Fox, Pudil, Hutch, Lee all capable of playing there too... 

CM: Bannan: too good for championship football, Lee: as bannan, Pessy, Bargain player, solid and reliable, Hutch, only capable of playing 15 games a season luckily we have an army of CM’s, Jones: promoted 3 times yet ‘not good enough??’ Abdi (auto correct makes abdicated) kind of correct, Reach that’s 7 into 2/3

Forwards: An embarrassment of riches here, when you have to debate who your seventh best forward is and that includes an international giant that can be dangerous against any defense; the leagues all time best scorer, a player who scored more goals in calendar year than any other at point of signing... 

This is potentially the best group of players we’ve ever had at this level, and whilst recruitment has been questionable I still believe we could sell the hits such as hooper, jaoa, fessi etc and more than recover costs of misses. 

Lets get behind them!! 

It must be nice to live in a Walt Disney world.

23 minutes ago, Spookone said:

The blame for getting us within one match of the Premiership - if that had happened we wouldn't be in this state and Mr Chansiri wouldn't be getting any stick, and lets face it we couldn't have got any closer.

Give the man some credit, I think long term he will get things right with some good advice and experience.

WAWAW

The only problem is though from what I understand is that he doesn’t listen to advice and is stubborn and keeps on making the same mistakes

I will continue to watch the team but will not buy any of the poo replica shirts at £59 a throw - he’s taking the wee wee with membership and ticket prices and doesn’t understand the concept of getting the fans and potential sponsors/corporate on board - the exec boxes being a prime example 

2 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

To me a lot of the pressure and expectations have come from the prices we now have to pay for everything.

Cant make everything at Wednesday Premiership prices and then expect no stick when we are a mid table championship club.

Especially when off the field as well I dont get the impression we are being well run.

Pretty much this. We are paying as much to watch Wednesday as you would to watch Man City. Now we all love Wednesday but come on, however you look at this how can that be right? This £99 shirt business and £90 memberships, surely that’s higher than any club in the world charges?

Credit where it’s due he’s put cash in but he’s shown how very naive he has been with his running of the club. We are at a level now where we cannot set prices any higher than they are currently for tickets, shirts, memberships or whatever. It’s like he’s completely misjudged his audience and is trying to get more and more out of working class people in a city that isn’t particularly affluent. If we start going backwards this season then DC is going to get it in the neck whether you agree with it or not......

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Rogers said:

The fans have been on about signing Rhodes for years, I don’t think CC wanted him. 

When we signed Rhodes, the chairman got the thumbs up from a lot of fans 

Hindsight is a wonderful

Not everyone thought it was a good idea to sign him and regardless the club shouldn’t splash huge amounts of money on a player because some supporters like him. That’s amateur IMO. It was so obvious at the time we didn’t need any strikers like the OP said. It was a large and unnecessary gamble that it now seems supporters are paying for. 

Edited by Owlin' Wolf
  • Thanks 1

I can’t remember too many moaning in that first season.

Without a doubt he’s made mistakes but he’s doing everything with the best of intentions and putting plenty of his own in which couldn’t be said about many of his predecessors.

5 minutes ago, Owlin' Wolf said:

Not everyone thought it was a good idea to sign him and regardless the club shouldn’t splash huge amounts of money on a player because some supporters like him. That’s amateur IMO. It was so obvious at the time we didn’t need any strikers like the OP said. It was a large and unnecessary gamble that it now seems supporters are paying for. 

There was a 100 page jizz fest of a thread in build up to signing him both pre loan, on loan and full transfer. While I get not every one wanted him (I preferred hooper for the money) I good chunk of our fan base wanted him here! 

I can only remember one person on here who didn’t want Rhodes and that was Gurujuan and fair play he called it right.

I can also remember one who was right behind Geoff Sheards bid to gain control but he doesn’t like to talk about it.

:Chansiri:

4 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

DC went for it big time , came very close , but now is time to learn from the mistakes and start again for another go .

And his over charging for everything ? When will he learn from that mistake ?

It's taking him a while to realise we don't appreciate being ripped off.

Especially when he promised us we'd get what we paid for. We didn't last season. Pretty sure we won't this season. 

14 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

There was a 100 page jizz fest of a thread in build up to signing him both pre loan, on loan and full transfer. While I get not every one wanted him (I preferred hooper for the money) I good chunk of our fan base wanted him here! 

Agree with that but that should have zero impact on whether the club chooses to splash a massive amount of money on a player. I don’t go along with the fact fans were crying out to sign another striker, it was more the fact Rhodes was always linked with us so when we finally had that sort of money to spend and he was linked again that’s where the hysteria came from. My opinion at the time was we don’t need another striker and wasn’t convinced by signing him but I did think “why not, if we’ve got the cash as long as we still spend on areas that actually need strengthening”. We didn’t do that and on top of that I don’t think half as many fans would’ve wanted him if we knew the massive impact it would have if we didn’t go up. As I’ve said before I really don’t like DC’s “we bought him as a present to the fans” rubbish, so he’s potentially put the club in dire financial state (only temporarily admittedly) to buy a player we didn’t need who fans were shouting about? That’s poor. 

I’m not a DC hater by any means, I like him and think he’s done some good things but some of the financial and pricing decisions are terrible. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

DC went for it big time , came very close , but now is time to learn from the mistakes and start again for another go .

This pretty much sums it up but I just don’t think the way he went for it was great, how long  have we needed full backs and strengthening defensively or a decent winger or two? The money was spent yes but it was spent badly. Of course you can never guarantee a signing will work out but you can at least sign players in the positions you need them. Maybe this was more down to Carlos I don’t  know but it didn’t seem like he wanted Rhodes much either. 

17 minutes ago, Owlin' Wolf said:

Agree with that but that should have zero impact on whether the club chooses to splash a massive amount of money on a player. I don’t go along with the fact fans were crying out to sign another striker, it was more the fact Rhodes was always linked with us so when we finally had that sort of money to spend and he was linked again that’s where the hysteria came from. My opinion at the time was we don’t need another striker and wasn’t convinced by signing him but I did think “why not, if we’ve got the cash as long as we still spend on areas that actually need strengthening”. We didn’t do that and on top of that I don’t think half as many fans would’ve wanted him if we knew the massive impact it would have if we didn’t go up. As I’ve said before I really don’t like DC’s “we bought him as a present to the fans” rubbish, so he’s potentially put the club in dire financial state (only temporarily admittedly) to buy a player we didn’t need who fans were shouting about? That’s poor. 

I’m not a DC hater by any means, I like him and think he’s done some good things but some of the financial and pricing decisions are terrible. 

I agree - but it’s incredible how hindsight has switched many opinions on here. At the time I was crazy for us to sign Kyle Bartley but instead we got Rhodes.

at that time few people were saying but we need to strengthen here or there.... instead he was going to fire us to promotion. Now if seasoned fans thought that, why wouldn’t an inexperienced chairman? His mistake, but he at least tried. 

Now im still of opinion we could sell our assets and scrape by, drop prices and we’d still have people moan, criticize etc. he literally can’t win. 

Im excited to see how we get on this season. I think it could still be a good one. 

We haven't had a chairman willing to spend a lot of money on us in a very long time. Mr Chansiri has done that in spades. 

If FFP wasn't an issue we'd all be cracking one off at the thought of playing Man Utd, Liverpool and Arsenal. Either that or we'd be singing top players for another push at promotion. Maybe even linking up with Mendes like Wolves did. 

He's made some mistakes commercially and with recruitments but you can't question his commitment. 

We are where we are and will have to deal with it till the books are balanced