Tickets bought online

I work on the turnstiles and today 9 people came to the ticket turnstile next to me trying to show thier ticket barcode on thier mobile phone to gain entry so I'm sure this happened many more times around the stadium.

The scanners in the turnstiles cannot scan from the screen of a mobile and you need to print your ticket or I believe you can go to the ticket office to have one printed, otherwise you will delayed on entering the stadium whilst a supervisor is located to check your ticket hasn't been printed and already used to gain entry by someone else.

Another issue is people sometimes come to the turnstile and ask if they can pay via a debit/credit card.  Having been to nearly every ground in the Football League I think I can safely say at no stadium is this possible.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, owl-zat said:

I work on the turnstiles and today 9 people came to the ticket turnstile next to me trying to show thier ticket barcode on thier mobile phone to gain entry so I'm sure this happened many more times around the stadium.

The scanners in the turnstiles cannot scan from the screen of a mobile and you need to print your ticket or I believe you can go to the ticket office to have one printed, otherwise you will delayed on entering the stadium whilst a supervisor is located to check your ticket hasn't been printed and already used to gain entry by someone else.

Another issue is people sometimes come to the turnstile and ask if they can pay via a debit/credit card.  Having been to nearly every ground in the Football League I think I can safely say at no stadium is this possible.

Hope you told em where to swipe it:stuwinky:

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Shelley Owl said:

You must have some inside information...are we under an embargo?

Geeeoorr bullying the lad !!!

He's come on here innocently pointing out to the idlers who think the whole bloody world revolves around their "pìssing phones" (this pìssing function is on the Samsung galaxy J10 when it comes out)

He's merely trying to prevent time wasting FFS 

Give the lad a break.....

What's the word on the concourse ?

Any gossip?  @owl-zat

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Simaniac Owl said:

I told the turnstile guy that I am The High Gingerman of The Cult of Megson and was let in for free. 

garymegson

Apparently Special needs kids 

Get free admission at pre season friendlies ...

So I've been informed .....

Edited by OWLERTON GHOST
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Simaniac Owl said:

I told the turnstile guy that I am The High Gingerman of The Cult of Megson and was let in for free. 

garymegson

By 'let in' you surely mean 'lowered in'.

Guest Theboylangers
1 hour ago, owl-zat said:

Never mind not being able to make any new signings, this news has made me think twice about having a barcode on my phone. Jet2  think it's ok though. 

27 minutes ago, Rogers said:

I can fully understand why people would show the barcode from their phones; I get into car parks, board planes, etc on a daily basis using this method 

Surely when you buy a ticket you take note of whether that is possible rather than just making an assumption if its something you haven't done before?