Team for Wigan picks itself...surely

28 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Boyd at right wing back? 

I'm not even a huge believer in him at left wing back. 

And that's on his good foot!

Certainly wouldn't have Pudil a the central of the 3. Aerially our best header has to play there for me.

Like your front three though.

Agree up to a point Snooty, but I prefer Pudil in the centre rather than Van Aken. I know he’s the tallest but don’t think he’s physically robust enough to win many headers against some of the centre forwards he’ll see in the Championship. With what we have right now I’d go with Lees in the centre, Pudil on the left and Hutchinson on the right of a three. At least until we can bring somebody in on loan. We conceded two soft headed goals today, one direct from a corner. That is worrying.

Don’t think JVA, Thornilly or Nielsen look quite ready for it yet.

1 minute ago, pazowl55 said:

Dawson 

Lees 

Van Aken 

Pudil

Palmer

Pelupessy 

Hutchinson 

Bannan 

Boyd/Reach

Nuhiu 

Forestieri 

this be virtually it if we play 3-5-2

With the exception of Dawson for Wildsmith - that’s the team that started today and we were awful. Friendly and opposition aside - the team simply didn’t work.

Maybe tempting to play reach in the middle of mid to compensate for Lee's absence and engine, hutch at the back allowing vanAkren to play wingback. 

Struggled a bit at cb defensively last year all be it in a back four, so maybe an idea to try him out there till he's successfully transitioned to championship football as he does look comfortable on the ball and can pick a pass. 

Dawson

Palmer                Lees                  Pudil                   Reach

Hutch                Bannan 

Mattias             Joao                Forestieri

Fletcher

5 minutes ago, GMOwl72 said:

With the exception of Dawson for Wildsmith - that’s the team that started today and we were awful. Friendly and opposition aside - the team simply didn’t work.

Not saying it will work. I ain't picking my own team. I am picking what Jos will probably go with and that's it.

Didn't do to bad actually got worse second half with change of formation but that was as much down to the lack in quality of the players in second half then anything else.

45 minutes ago, richowl said:

Dawson

palmer

Hutchinson

Lees

Van Aken 

Reach

Bannan

Pelupessy

Jones

FF

Nuhiu

Don't like being critical as it is just people's opinions...but did you go today!?! If you did,then how on earth have you picked Jones!? Was absolutely abysmal. 

Must admit I'm starting to worry a big for this season. Wanting to play a system with wingbacks when we have no natural wingbacks. Creativity is going to be very limited with current squad

Dawson

Hutch                  Lees                  Pudil                   

Baker/Palmer                                                 Reach

joey                         Bannan           

Forestieri

Joao             Fletcher

7 minutes ago, smhouston said:

Don't like being critical as it is just people's opinions...but did you go today!?! If you did,then how on earth have you picked Jones!? Was absolutely abysmal. 

Must admit I'm starting to worry a big for this season. Wanting to play a system with wingbacks when we have no natural wingbacks. Creativity is going to be very limited with current squad

Not saying I want him there:manager: 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, andypandy said:

Dawson

Hutch                  Lees                  Pudil                   

Baker/Palmer                                                 Reach

joey                         Bannan           

Forestieri

Joao             Fletcher

Don’t think Fletcher is up to 90 minutes yet, so Nuhiu and Joao up top and Fletcher sub, otherwise that’s the best we have at present.

45 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Not what I want, but what I reckon we'll see:

Wildsmith

Hutchinson.   Lees.      Pudil

Palmer.  Bannan.  Pelupessy.  Reach.  Fox

Nuhiu.   Forestieri

Can't see much wrong with that team, based on the players we have in the squad. I assume you are waiting for us to get John Stones and Harry Maguire on loan to strengthen the back three. 

If we could get Paul Pogba on loan as a replacement for fox, the midfield would be sorted too, with Reach moving to wing back. 

Tell the league where to shove FFP Mr C

:Chansiri:

22 minutes ago, Lichfield alien said:

So the haterz want Westwood out but can’t decide wether wildsmith or Dawson shud start...and there lies the problem :Chansiri:

I don't hate Westwood, but Mr C will have to be pragmatic. Nothing wrong with Dawson or Wildsmith, that's the only problem with keeping Westwood.