Thoughts After Today

Only a friendly I know but here goes,

It now seems crystal clear that the finest keeper in my 45 plus years watching Wednesday is being sacrificed for FFP...…….a poor indictment of our financial policy over the last two years, and amazingly most on here seem happy with it !!

Thanks for everything KW and all the best, I for one will be sorry to see you go.

We have decent options in the attacking third...….FF , Joao, Fletcher, Nuhiu (poor today though) and Matias.

We are one injury away (Bannan) from having a non existent midfield, Hutch should be in the back 3, Jones is still abject and Pelupessy is a little anonymous.

Why does Adam Reach look like he has put a stone in weight on?

We do not have ONE championship quality wingback in the squad.

Central defence is STILL ( 2 and a half years after Wembley) crying out for a tall commanding captain like figure with presence.

Abdi is fit...…………….but still wont be considered.

Foolhardy to draw conclusions on pre season but if I had to call it tonight I would say mid table at best unless we strengthen.

Edited by sheriwozgod

‘mid table until we strengthen...’

Thats been clear since about half way through last season, never mind this season. 

Said it before, this ship won’t steady until these contracts run out. These highly paid players aren’t going anywhere without a pay off, free transfer or both. 

5 minutes ago, sheriwozgod said:

It now seems crystal clear that the finest keeper in my 45 plus years watching Wednesday is being sacrificed for FFP...…….a poor indictment of our financial policy over the last two years, and amazingly most on here seem happy with it !!

Thanks for everything KW and all the best, I for one will be sorry to see you go.

We have decent options in the attacking third...….FF , Joao, Fletcher, Nuhiu (poor today though) and Matias.

We are one injury away (Bannan) from having a non existent midfield, Hutch should be in the back 3, Jones is still abject and Pelupessy is a little anonymous.

Central defence is STILL ( 2 and a half years after Wembley) crying out for a tall commanding captain like figure with presence.

Foolhardy to draw conclusions on pre season but if I had to call it tonight I would say mid table at best unless we strengthen.

This is spot on.

3 minutes ago, vulva said:

Thats been clear since about half way through last season, never mind this season. 

Said it before, this ship won’t steady until these contracts run out. These highly paid players aren’t going anywhere without a pay off, free transfer or both. 

Bang on the money in my opinion. 

This is exactly how i see it. 

We are in a mess as a result of our shocking recruitment of the past two years. 

Long contracts and massive wages handed out to the wrong players has come back and bit us on the Arse. 

6 minutes ago, vulva said:

Thats been clear since about half way through last season, never mind this season

I agree...…………...I was just desperately hoping, wishing?, that JL might have got us more organised and cohesive with a full pre season...……….ah well.

12 minutes ago, sheriwozgod said:

I think you've nailed it 100%

We're going to have a year (maybe 2) of this unti we're clear of FFP IMO

Just now, sheriwozgod said:

I agree...…………...I was just desperately hoping, wishing?, that JL might have got us more organised and cohesive with a full pre season...……….ah well.

Just now, sheriwozgod said:

I think we will tread water for 2 years. I’m ready for that, but i’m not sure a large % of the fan base are.  

13 minutes ago, sheriwozgod said:

Yeah, I'd like to know what's going on there.

Are we just going to pay him until his contract expires next summer without any attempt to get him in the squad?

9 minutes ago, sheriwozgod said:

All spot on with the exception of abdi, think its time fans just gave up on him as a lost cause. Maybe reach is trying to put on weight so he doesnt have to play wing back. 

The main worry for me is jos looking like hes leaning towards playing a negative style with just two uptop and both hutch and pelupessy in midfield. WIth the state over our defence and two rookie keepers to me its only gonna end in tears.

In Hooper, Fletch Matias Nuhiu, FF and Joao we still have some of the best forwards in the league we should just go out for three points each week and try and entertain the fans something chansiri once said was a priority.

3 minutes ago, sheriwozgod said:

We are seeing exactly why Jos got the job. I reckon a few, McClaren, Vilas Boas, Fonseca were sounded out, took one look at the cards and flopped. 

1 minute ago, Jowl said:

Yes you are probably right. Hopefully we can maintain our championship status while all this plays out. If we drop in to league 1 it will be a disaster. 

Championship survival is paramount in the meantime. 

17 minutes ago, sheriwozgod said:

I think most are understanding of the Westwood situation rather than happy. But by the same token we either play the young keepers or lose them.

We’ll see over the next few weeks but I fear the rest could be bang on. Especially the lack of cdm and cb

5 minutes ago, Jowl said:

This is why raising funds rather than waiting 12 months to release players makes more sense. IMO.

As long as we don’t get into relegation battles of course.

Guest Bulgaria
11 minutes ago, Southernblues said:

My thought is that it is pre season

Lets wait 10 league games and see where we are 

Oh the number of times we heard that the same time last year.