If you only make one signing this summer Jos, make it a wide player with raw speed. Desperate for someone to run the channels and get the defence facing their own keeper. Championship defenders are tall, physical and slow and hate being turned. Need a player to run to the byline and deliver. Don’t think we’ve got something like this in the squad other than Forestieri.

Edited by swfcjack27
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

Jaoa? Matias? 

Out of interest, who you dropping for this wide player? A central player? A forward? 

I imagine in games where we are more of a favorite either Jaoa or Matias start. 

We might get 5 games a season out of Matias. We need somebody who can do it consistently week-in week out.

4 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Ff joao and Matias have the directness, but I agree we generally lack it. 

We will likely have a 433 system too, perhaps Borukov or Preston will add some or if the Mckay interest is any more than a rumour he’d do. 

I’m content with what we have and if we have any hope of players like Joao signing a new deal he needs to be playing as often as possible, similar for the two younguns you mention they need a route to first team. 

If we sign anyone I can’t see Joao staying. 

We've  needed pace in the side for the last 2 years. For me, 2 quick wing backs would transform this team, give the opposition something to think about and push them back 15 yards giving us chance to get our midfield closer to the front 2.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, striker said:

We've  needed pace in the side for the last 2 years. For me, 2 quick wing backs would transform this team, give the opposition something to think about and push them back 15 yards giving us chance to get our midfield closer to the front 2.

Spot on pal, need to get the opposition pushed back in their own half.

We have people up top that have a bit, not even great lace. We also have no ball carriers from midfield or the full back positions.

Very worrying to me. Hard to catch players out of position if you have to work the ball forward or the time. Our man alternative is play direct and hope Nihui wins the header and it also reaches one of our players. 

Huge lack of options despite a big squad.

36 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Matias will stay in and out of the team regardless of performance, for the simple fact he’s the only one with any pace. In my 20 years of watching wednesday I’ve never seen us with any, is it illegal here? 

I thought the Laws era teams had loads. Just couldn't play football. 

Guest Ferryhill owl

We cant rely on injury prone players get rid and get kids in with bit of pace n see what happens 

Edited by Ferryhill owl

2 hours ago, swfcjack27 said:

If you only make one signing this summer Jos, make it a wide player with raw speed. Desperate for someone to run the channels and get the defence facing their own keeper. Championship defenders are tall, physical and slow and hate being turned. Need a player to run to the byline and deliver. Don’t think we’ve got something like this in the squad other than Forestieri.

So what's he gonna do, prop up the corner flag and have a fag waiting for the rest of the team to catch up? 

Joao is one of the fastest players in the division. I’ve not seen a defender live with him. His problems are a poor first touch but he has pace to burn.

FF is lightning over 15/20 yards.

Reach will outrun almost any fullback over a distance.

We have enough pace.