FFP News that affects all Championship Clubs

Guest mkowl

I love the suggestion DC just throw loads of cash at it, then pay a 20m fine on top.

Can I make a controversial statement that perhaps there isn't quite as much free available cash as may be alluded

1 hour ago, mkowl said:

I love the suggestion DC just throw loads of cash at it, then pay a 20m fine on top.

Can I make a controversial statement that perhaps there isn't quite as much free available cash as may be alluded

It makes me cringe when I hear/read people say that (the first part of your post, that is).

Always easy to spend other people's money.

The rule may have been proven legal but it doesn’t mean it’s right. Given the current market it at least needs modifications if not abolishing. If someone pays all the bills who has the right to tell them how to spend their money 

12 hours ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

Cheers mate, very useful.

If Mr Chansiri has the cash, I'm even more curious now as to why he doesn't stick 2 fingers up to FFP. He could blow £50m this transfer window and our punishment - if promotion failed - wouldn't be anywhere near as severe as QPR. So, breaking FFP would cost him a modest fine (by rich people's standard), a one transfer window embargo (we seem to be in a self-imposed one now anyway), and he'd have to turn some loan to the company into equity - and that would be worse case scenario given the precedent set with QPR.

Makes me even more sure that Mr Chansiri is up to the limit he's prepared to invest (fair enough!).

He’s not that rich! 

What needs bringing down are players wages. As the money in the premiership has gone up so have wages. Now the average player sorry, players agent, looks at those wages and say ‘I’ll have some of that’ so clubs are held to ransom. Look at the Vydra deal to L**ds. Rumour is it’s stalling cos he was 50k a week. A second division player wants 50k a week....crazy money. For football to survive wages need to come under control like in Super League where a club can only spend a max % of turnover on wages. That would work better than FFP.

Some reyt fairies on here making wild emotional guesses...

If we were up against FFP we wouldnt have offered Hirst, Clare, Nuhiu and Pudil a new contract. In fact there would have been a fire sale.

All we are doing is cutting a few expensive players off our books to balance them out a bit. Whilst Hunt was replacable with what we already have in Jos’s view. 

It is not rocket science. The EFL will only have to meet with DC to know he has more money to pump into the club but his hands are tied due to FFP. 

I suspect as long as we are on a trajectory to not exceed the 39m or whaever it is (which needs to be increased in my view to match current tranfer prices), the EFL will be happy. 

It will be a quiet transfer window as far as in comings, but loans are open to us. 

Next season we will have a bit more cash to spend. 

Edited by CF83OWL

22 hours ago, folger said:

Genius that is introduce a set of rules to prevent clubs overspending and getting into financial hard ship then use those rules to impose financial hardship on a club not hypocritical at all.

Agreed. 

Maybe a more appropriate punishment would be to deduct match points. The EWCB has done this to Durham in cricket and the points deduction basically means that they cannot win realistically win promotion or qualify for the later stages of the T20 competition.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Musn't Grumble said:

Agreed. 

Maybe a more appropriate punishment would be to deduct match points. The EWCB has done this to Durham in cricket and the points deduction basically means that they cannot win realistically win promotion or qualify for the later stages of the T20 competition.

Agree with this, if they really wanted to punish clubs for spending to get to the prem they should deduct points before the season starts. Giving Wolves a fine in 2 years will mean nothing when they will be an established premier league club. 

Making wolves start the season on -15 points would make clubs in the championship think twice, maybe