2 minutes ago, PARKOWL said:

Whats going to happen if as its looking increasingly more likely, that we don't buy anyone and we start with Palmer and fox, are we going to hammer them every week until January or do we say right that is the best we've got lets get on with it and get behind them ?

My guess is that they'll get absolutely mullered, booed and slated

I'm trying my hardest to look forward to this coming season and get excited but dont' think I've ever been as depressed.

Losing to Villareal on Saturday is gonna fire up the loonies innit

I really wish the silent majority would post more, post more positives and help people get excited for the new season instead of all the panic we're seeing on social media at the moment

Owlstalk Shop

4 minutes ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

I'm no Palmer hater, I don't hate any Wednesday player, but I can list you Palmer's faults - and if you watch Wednesday, you'll know they aren't imaginary.

• Lets defenders run at him into dangerous positions rather than attempting to defender in before said player gets into the danger zone.
  • Seems to show players on to their favoured foot, rather than weaker foot.
  • Half-hearted attempts at blocking crosses.
  • Cross/final ball pretty wasteful.
  • Labours back when caught out of position.
  • Can't defend balls aimed at his back post.

Now, the lad is a Championship player and they all have their faults. But, if we have ambitions of being at the top end of the league table, then Palmer isn't of that standard as a first choice full back.

I hope he improves his game and is a success for us as a first teamer, but from what I've seen over the years, he had some work to do that's for sure.

None of these are true. 

They are biased, subjective and plucked out of thin air to suit an argument. 

In every game I could show you plenty of examples to refute each point. 

Just get behind the lad instead of building a case against him to entertain yourself. . 

10 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I honestly think that they're doomed simply because so many fans are itching for them to make mistakes so they can have a pop at them

Same with Nuhiu

Those three players are gonna be this season's players to get kickings by looks of it

I disagree 

I think as a fanbase we put up with more than most and in general we support even the most woeful of players. 

At the next match just sit back and see how many times the most average of things gets a round of applause from us.

And when we are winning we clap anything  - a run, a 2 yard pass, walking in the right direction, socks on correctly, etc etc

On here/social media is a different point entirely however.

Just now, torres said:

I disagree 

I think as a fanbase we put up with more than most and in general we support even the most woeful of players. 

At the next match just sit back and see how many times the most average of things gets a round of applause from us.

And when we are winning we clap anything  - a run, a 2 yard pass, walking in the right direction, socks on correctly, etc etc

You sound like the guy last season that insisted that nobody at the ground had ever yelled at, criticised, slated or booed Nuhiu

Owlstalk Shop

5 minutes ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

I'm no Palmer hater, I don't hate any Wednesday player, but I can list you Palmer's faults - and if you watch Wednesday, you'll know they aren't imaginary.

• Lets defenders run at him into dangerous positions rather than attempting to defender in before said player gets into the danger zone.
  • Seems to show players on to their favoured foot, rather than weaker foot.
  • Half-hearted attempts at blocking crosses.
  • Cross/final ball pretty wasteful.
  • Labours back when caught out of position.
  • Can't defend balls aimed at his back post.

Now, the lad is a Championship player and they all have their faults. But, if we have ambitions of being at the top end of the league table, then Palmer isn't of that standard as a first choice full back.

I hope he improves his game and is a success for us as a first teamer, but from what I've seen over the years, he had some work to do that's for sure.

That's absolute rubbish, sorry .

He wouldn't be a professional footballer if those were his ingrained faults.

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

My guess is that they'll get absolutely mullered, booed and slated

I'm trying my hardest to look forward to this coming season and get excited but dont' think I've ever been as depressed.

Losing to Villareal on Saturday is gonna fire up the loonies innit

I agree, unfortunately Wednesday fans will always have a boo boy or 2, its always been that way 

And anybody who thinks we should be beating Villareal should really do some homework on their football

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

You sound like the guy last season that insisted that nobody at the ground had ever yelled at, criticised, slated or booed Nuhiu

Not as a fanbase

The odd few in 26k are always going to.

The HUGE majority support the players  - even though they are all very average 

• Like 1

Just now, PARKOWL said:

I agree, unfortunately Wednesday fans will always have a boo boy or 2, its always been that way 

And anybody who thinks we should be beating Villareal should really do some homework on their football

100% but you watch if we lose to Villareal

I'm already considering shutting down Owlstalk after the game if we do

lol

Owlstalk Shop

7 minutes ago, torres said:

I disagree 

Isn't that just trying to create a positive environment to help keep the players relaxed and confident though?

Just now, @owlstalk said:

100% but you watch if we lose to Villareal

I'm already considering shutting down Owlstalk after the game if we do

lol

Got to be due a server maintenance upgrade or something.............. please

I am a fan of Palmer. He's not our best player but he is a Wednesday player and I am a Wednesday fan.

I support Liam Palmer.

I support Morgan Fox.

Get behind all the lads.

UTO

WAWAW

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, torres said:

I disagree 

Ive been going since the early 80s and wednesday fans have always had a boo boy no matter what they did 

11 minutes ago, Beholder said:

None of these are true. 

They are biased, subjective and plucked out of thin air to suit an argument. 

In every game I could show you plenty of examples to refute each point. 

Just get behind the lad instead of building a case against him to entertain yourself. . 

I've seen all those with my own eyes, they are most definitely true. If you don't think they are true, then we have the world's best full back at the club - just don't tell PSG!

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Very true

I remember Darko Kovacevic being one of them, Lee Chapman, Chris Morris etc

to name a few

42 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

We've not played any Championship games yet

I think it's unfair to hammer any of our players

Agree, some players I would like moved on and replaced, but not my decision and while wearing a Wednesday shirt give them my support.

With regard to Palmer, think he is a solid RB, not a RWB and while limited in his ability makes the most of what he has. Seems Jos has him as first choice in that position, confident Palmer will give his all which is all we can ask of the player. We can legitimately question the clubs ambition and recruitment strategy, but that is a separate matter and nothing to do with the players.

Edited by striker