Is there anything positive going into the new season?

I can’t think of a worse pre season for a while

No new signings, mystery around injuries, performances being below par (doesn’t matter it’s friendlies - people go to see how we’re fairing up, and Tuesday was awful), membership prices etc etc list goes on

Nothing in the club is breeding positivity at the moment and it looks like it’s showing on the pitch too

Jos has got one hell of a job on his hands getting this team on form - we’ve under performing players looking likely they will start and a severe lacking of pace and strength all over the park, we look unbelievably lightweight and got knocked about easy on Tuesday night.

Just now, McRightSide said:

I can’t think of a single injury we have a mystery around.

And the answer to your question is in the thread title.

Think he means Westwood saying he’s fit and Jos said he was injured 

The negative I would say is Chansiri saying he wanted promotion as quickly as possible, then the survery talking about continued investment to justify high ticket prices. Then we let two decent players go in Rhodes and Hunt, and don’t sign anyone. And the performance at Mansfield was poor. At the moment I’m struggling to see how the squad that finished 15th last year will be good enough to get promotion as quickly as possible 

Just now, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

We've kept Bannan, Forestieri, Westwood and Lees.

That's pretty positive.

Plus we've got some good young players coming through like Alex Hunt, Baker and Preston.

There's also both home and away kits available to buy and we've gone back to stripes which most supporters wanted. 

There is a lot to look forward to this season. 

It's a shame some of our fans are always looking for something to moan about. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

I know what he means.

Jos himself said he will be back in training Wednesday.

He was rested as a precaution. Very common during pre-season.

KW is rightly touchy over what has been reported as there has been rumours going around (similar to those about Lee) that he was 'crocked'. With this, you can understand his reaction to it all - it's the blokes livelihood. There really is nothing else to report, I think people should just move on. 

In terms of positivity, we have the best squad (with youngsters) in decades, a manager who knows how to win promotion, a chairman who comes from the right place and one of the best sets of fans in the world. It all GOOD baby, its all GOOD!

Edited by AwokenGiant

4 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

I know what he means.

Jos himself said he will be back in training Wednesday.

He was rested as a precaution. Very common during pre-season.

Westwood says he hasn’t been injured all summer - that would include a precaution. Clearly what happened was he missed a training session last week for other reasons and his punishment was not to be included in the team. 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/i-m-not-injured-insists-sheffield-wednesday-goalkeeper-keiren-westwood-1-9270071/amp

Edited by Owls-Fan

13 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

I can’t think of a worse pre season for a while

No new signings, mystery around injuries, performances being below par (doesn’t matter it’s friendlies - people go to see how we’re fairing up, and Tuesday was awful), membership prices etc etc list goes on

Nothing in the club is breeding positivity at the moment and it looks like it’s showing on the pitch too

Jos has got one hell of a job on his hands getting this team on form - we’ve under performing players looking likely they will start and a severe lacking of pace and strength all over the park, we look unbelievably lightweight and got knocked about easy on Tuesday night.

Come off it we lose 1 pre season game and everyone is in meltdown. The prices are nothing new let's be positive going into the new season.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

Westwood says he hasn’t been injured all summer - that would include a precaution. Clearly what happened was he missed a training session last week for other reasons and his punishment was not to be included in the team. 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/i-m-not-injured-insists-sheffield-wednesday-goalkeeper-keiren-westwood-1-9270071/amp

I can’t tell whether you’re insanely paranoid, completely getting the wrong end of the stick, looking for a way to be negative or a combination of all 3

• All teams start on 0 points
  • FF looks raring to go
  • Bannan is free of injury
  • We've shifted on JR which means we are unlikely to have to sell our decent players
  • The players have been in hard training for 5 weeks and look fit at least
  • Jos goes into this season with his own ideas and tactics hopefully continuing the top six form of the last 10 games last season
  • After the summer weather the pitch will look great lol
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, owls79 said:

Come off it we lose 1 pre season game and everyone is in meltdown. The prices are nothing new let's be positive going into the new season.

Think it’s the manner in which the players performed in that game that was the concern, as is the outflow of players and no one coming in. For different reasons we seem to be as ill prepared for the next campaign as last summer, possibly worse with the players we currently have in. Hope Jos and DC have something they are working on. Couple of poor results to start with and we will quickly be on the back foot. Only so much glitter the club can put on a situation which is a product of their financial mid-management.