Forestieri

4 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Thing is, he'll also be first guy calling his mates the same word claims FF to say too.

Just wow. What does that have to do with anything? I don’t get why some people call it each other. I felt uncomfortable in America when they kept calling it me, but that was meant in an endearing term to fit in.

Theres a big difference between being called it with hatred and malice or to get a reaction than it is from friend to friend. 

Surely you can tell the difference and know it’s very very wrong. 

35 minutes ago, Rebowl Yell said:

Erm sorry but it does. I took gender studies and I can assure you this is the case. Racism is power plus privilege and Forestieri is an Argentinian, a persecuted minority in this country for the war we fought against them not long ago. He was powerless against this British man here and his accusations. I sugguest you stop changing definitions to try and make our player look like a racist Mr Uncle Tom or people will start to think you’re a blunt in disguise...

What a load of utter rubbish. 

13 minutes ago, bigdan2003 said:

That conversation was apparently tweeted by Pearce’s brother. He’s removed it now stating that the club asked him to.

Not surprised, requesting that people "swing on him instantly" if they seem him and admitting he'd been hunting him down in the game .... Wow

Just now, jonesy87shef said:

Just wow. What does that have to do with anything? I don’t get why some people call it each other. I felt uncomfortable in America when they kept calling it me, but that was meant in an endearing term to fit in.

Theres a big difference between being called it with hatred and malice or to get a reaction than it is from friend to friend. 

Surely you can tell the difference and know it’s very very wrong. 

Yes it's very wrong to call someone that word. It's just hypocritical if you use the word yourself, regardless of your motive behind it. There's a difference of course, but you can't have one rule for one and then claim it racist for another.

Maybe he hates the term all the time, but his spelling of it in the post indicates he uses it at least endearingly.

7 minutes ago, AwokenGiant said:

Isn’t black in Spanish ‘n3gro’, maybe it’s a matter of lost in translation (unlike my spelling above). 

Yes. n3gr0 is black in Spanish.

But then he's still called him black in Spanish so in that case it would be racist.

Edited by Birley Owl 1867

Just now, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Yes it's very wrong to call someone that word. It's just hypocritical if you use the word yourself, regardless of your motive behind it. There's a difference of course, but you can't have one rule for one and then claim it racist for another.

Maybe he hates the term all the time, but his spelling of it in the post indicates he uses it at least endearingly.

Just my opinion, it’s not hypocritical to use that word yourself.

The way I see it is it’s a way of owning it and taking the power and negativity away from it. For me it’s all good using it in a joking way, or if my mates want to. I’d hate a world where we couldn’t joke about our differences, even if it’s offensive. It’s when it’s said negatively and people mean or believe what they say where I draw the line. 

Had this discussion many time with friends and colleagues, usually quite an interesting one. I do feel it’s a shame we are somewhat censored and everything is far to politically correct in this day and age. 

I sort of agree with one rule for one and one for another isn’t on, but it’s usually down to the context. 

As as I said for me personally joking is fine from anybody, being called it as a greeting or in general conversation I find a bit strange, but won’t upset me. It’s when it comes with hate.

As I said in an earlier post. IF Fernando has said something racist, it doesn’t make him a racist, he’s just used a racist term. 

8 minutes ago, AwokenGiant said:

Isn’t black in Spanish ‘n3gro’, maybe it’s a matter of lost in translation (unlike my spelling above). 

Yes, which makes it a little disconcerting when you first move to a Spanish speaking country (or has for me at least seeing Negro Chocolate etc).

71xakobsZ-L._SL1391_.jpg

Edited by פɹᴉɯqɐɹᴉɐu
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Yes. n3gr0 is black in Spanish.

But then he's still called him black in Spanish so in that case it would be racist.

Yeah, good point. I guess it’s because I wouldn’t be offended if someone called me white. I think there are certain phrases that have connotations with slavery and the abuse/mistreatment of people over the years - I’m not sure whether black is one, but who am I to decide? 

4 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

What other context could the word n3gro (black) be used in if he wasn't being racist?

"Black people are cool, I love Obama"

"But, if you're thinking about my baby, It don't matter if you're black or white"

• Haha 1