Forestieri

3 minutes ago, Rebowl Yell said:

Erm sorry but it does. I took gender studies and I can assure you this is the case. Racism is power plus privilege and Forestieri is an Argentinian, a persecuted minority in this country for the war we fought against them not long ago. He was powerless against this British man here and his accusations. I sugguest you stop changing definitions to try and make our player look like a racist Mr Uncle Tom or people will start to think you’re a blunt in disguise...

Can power not be derived from perceived superiority? Bigger pay packet etc? I know what you're saying but the racism as most know it, is as the dictionary defines it...

"prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior"

1 minute ago, jonesy87shef said:

Get called a n*gger or racially abused in a foreign language and believe me you know what’s been said. It’s not hard to make out or interpret. 

There’s also body language and facial expressions that come with it. Very strange. It’s almost like a look of disgust that you don’t see with any other insults.  

I’m not saying Fernando has done this by the way. Just easy for Pearce to see if he did. 

I’ll stand by him and even if he has said something racist it doesn’t make him a racist. In the heat of the moment people will say things they know will most upset/anger other people. A racist comment is the easiest thing to do. I’ve had it in the past in football and other situations. To me it doesn’t make them a racist. It makes them an idiot that’s made a racist comment. 

Also it seems like you’re really shifting the blame. I agree it should be dealt in house and avoid any problems if possible. If not and the accusations are true, he needs to apologise and take responsibility. 

I’m not sure if your ethnicity or background, but blaming them for throwing the first punch. If he did say what he was accused of you may not understand what it’s like to be racially abused. I can assure you it doesn’t even come close to any other insult in the way you feel it react.

I guess I am shifting the blame slightly, but I will always be bias towards my team.

With your points about racism though, I agree, if he HAS said something racist then it doesn't make him a racist, it makes him silly for losing his head in the moment.

What I'm trying to get across here is, Holgate (Everton) lost his head last season at Firmino (Liverpool) after he thought he said something racist, it turns out he didn't, he was speaking portugese and it just sounded similar.

So if Fessi was speaking Spanish, how Pearce can know he said something racist is beyond me.

Also, I think it's strange that he reacted AFTER Fessi has tackled him from behind.

There will be two sides to the story, I'm just trying to make sense of it all.

1 minute ago, bigrbuk said:

Can power not be derived from perceived superiority? Bigger pay packet etc? I know what you're saying but the racism as most know it, is as the dictionary defines it...

"prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior"

I’m sorry mate I don’t make the rules. My teacher who taught me told me that Britain and America are responsible for everything bad that happened in the world. I think she even claimed that it was us who sent the meteor that killed the dinosaurs down to earth. I didn’t fact check that particular revelation but I was told to always believe what a woman says so it’s got to be correct. I’ll ask her on Facebook what her take is on this but I’m pretty sure she’ll say the Brit had the power here and that Forestieri probably acted out of fear for his life.

13 minutes ago, Rebowl Yell said:

Erm sorry but it does. I took gender studies and I can assure you this is the case. Racism is power plus privilege and Forestieri is an Argentinian, a persecuted minority in this country for the war we fought against them not long ago. He was powerless against this British man here and his accusations. I sugguest you stop changing definitions to try and make our player look like a racist Mr Uncle Tom or people will start to think you’re a blunt in disguise...

I’ve done nothing of the sort, didn’t say anything whatsoever about about FF. Literally never mentioned him or anyone else. I just said racism isn’t about nationality, which is true. It’s about race. I don’t see what gender studies has to do with anything either.

‘Foreigners’, regardless of the nation in question, quite categorically CAN be racist. To suggest otherwise is just bizarre.

STILL can’t tell if you’re whooshing me or not!

:duntmatter:

Edited by Mr. Tom
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Mr Hooper said:

I guess I am shifting the blame slightly, but I will always be bias towards my team.

With your points about racism though, I agree, if he HAS said something racist then it doesn't make him a racist, it makes him silly for losing his head in the moment.

What I'm trying to get across here is, Holgate (Everton) lost his head last season at Firmino (Liverpool) after he thought he said something racist, it turns out he didn't, he was speaking portugese and it just sounded similar.

So if Fessi was speaking Spanish, how Pearce can know he said something racist is beyond me.

Also, I think it's strange that he reacted AFTER Fessi has tackled him from behind.

There will be two sides to the story, I'm just trying to make sense of it all.

Fair enough reply. Can’t argue with most of that. 

With regards to the Holgatw. It could definitely have been lost in translation, but sensitive situations like this can also be swept under the carpet and excuses made. Just my opinion and from my experience. You know when someone has and hasn’t said something, even in another language. 

Problem with situations like this is we rarely get the truth, as you say there are two sides.

Hopeuflly Us, Mansfield and the ref don’t want this to go any further. Fingers crossed for a slap on the wrist for all parties involved.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Saying someone used the N word is such an easy thing for people to say someone did because they know it will get the other person in a lot of trouble and they will probably get excused. If FF did say it then obviously he deserves it but that needs to be proved. 

It really isn’t an easy thing for people to say. Those that have lied about it are scum though. 

From my experience I’ve hardly ever known anyone use it as an excuse. Just one guy who was thick and beyond useless at his job accused bosses of being racist. Which they clearly weren’t. 

There seems to be an opinion omongst some in this county that playing the race card is a common thing.

From my experience, racism is rare but you know from how people act/behave/look at you what they are like. It’s almost impossible to explain, but it’s become much more prevalent the last few years seeing people having problems with peoples colour and background. It’s the odd dirty disgusted looks you get just walking down the street, they didn’t used to exist, they do now. For me personally anyway. Up until a few years ago I only experienced it abroad in countries that are less tolerable. 

He could have said it...

or hes blown his top, which he did after the late challenge from Forestieri

lets not forget he singled him out all game and kicked him all game, Forestieri gives it him back and he blows his top 

Easy to throw race card about - he went mental before Forestieri had said anything g

5 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

He could have said it...

or hes blown his top, which he did after the late challenge from Forestieri

lets not forget he singled him out all game and kicked him all game, Forestieri gives it him back and he blows his top 

Easy to throw race card about - he went mental before Forestieri had said anything g

Personally think he's a bit hypocritical.

Took offence to a challenge by Forestieri when he's done the exact same for most of the evening.

Thing is, he'll also be first guy calling his mates the same word claims FF to say too.

Edited by Birley Owl 1867