Forestieri

2 minutes ago, vulva said:

Based on those tweets by Pearce, since deleted, this isn’t over by a long stretch. 

I see it that way too. He seemed to having a good pre season as well. I'm sure it's just a coincidence him being linked with a move away on same day.. This is what you get with him. Brilliant but this is the 3rd pre season in a row there has been a flashpoint. I was optimistic a week or so back about the new season, the events of last night certainly have dampened it a lot 

10 hours ago, TodwickOwl said:

Expect him to be banned for X amount t of games.

He tackled from behind at end of game, a load of their players didn’t like it and then one ended up throwing punches at him. He somehow manages to get off pitch by Flitcroft and subbed off quietly, definite red for him. Whilst forestieri gets a yellow.

full time comes, forestieri walks upto butcher and punches him square in face - mass brawl boots off and they’re bench, our bench and all police and stewards end up in a mass brawl and Forestieri gets kicked and booted down tunnel and Tom Lees kicked in chest

Mental

Did you attend the game?

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Racist abuse. Said FF used the ‘n’ word and that’s why he lost it

At least that knee will be just like new with another 8 games r&r

he'll have to prove that before they ban fernando

From the pictures I’ve seen it looks like the Mansfield player punched himself in order to get Fessi in trouble. As for the racism, sorry chaps he’s a foreigner in this country and according to the modern definition of racism anyone foreign can’t be racist so nothing to see here. Just another witch hunt on our main man again. No way should he be getting punished.

Edited by Rebowl Yell

18 minutes ago, A12owl said:

The club havnt done anything yet. There are a few anti ff posters on here who will always be having a go at him.

Just ignore them. They don't have any influence on what happens. 

Generally pigs, minipigs and dingles

11 hours ago, Beholder said:

Wtf?! 

Is this Foresteri starting shenanigans to get a move? 

That behaviour is feckin ridiculous

11 hours ago, Beholder said:

Nether of us know as we weren't there. 

:duntmatter:

• Haha 1

Judging by the tweets from Pearce, he isn't the brightest spark.

Fessi was also talking in SPANISH, so how Pearce thought he heard that word is beyond me.

This happened last season in the Merseyside Derby, someone said something in a foreign language and it was misinterpreted.

They've battered Fessi all game, he's lost his rag and snapped one of them from behind.

They've then made the situation 100x worse by HITTING him, and he's reacted again.

Fair enough, he shouldn't react, but they're just as bad as him here, if not worse for throwing the first punch.

Both teams should handle this in doors and put it behind them. And Pearce should take a long hard look at himself before accusing someone of that, if he's lieing, then that's not on at all.

Saying someone used the N word is such an easy thing for people to say someone did because they know it will get the other person in a lot of trouble and they will probably get excused. If FF did say it then obviously he deserves it but that needs to be proved. 

3 minutes ago, pgmetcalf said:

Generally pigs, minipigs and dingles

There will be Leeds fans on here too masquerading as Owls. A true Wednesdayite backs his player so we’ll see the infiltrators show their hands in the next few days.

• Like 1

Problem with Fernando is he thinks he is on a level that he simply isn't. Prem players must look at Forestieri and think we can't just do things like that.

He's talented but he's 28 years old still kicking around in the Championship. Players know they can wind him up, refs love to go after him when he reacts and he's as much a liability as a game winner. Frustrating player.

17 minutes ago, Rebowl Yell said:

As for the racism, sorry chaps he’s a foreigner in this country and according to the modern definition of racism anyone foreign can’t be racist so nothing to see here.

Cant tell if serious or joking. If the former, I think your dictionary is broken. Nationality has naff-all to do with racism.

4 minutes ago, Mr. Tom said:

Cant tell if serious or joking. If the former, I think your dictionary is broken. Nationality has naff-all to do with racism.

Erm sorry but it does. I took gender studies and I can assure you this is the case. Racism is power plus privilege and Forestieri is an Argentinian, a persecuted minority in this country for the war we fought against them not long ago. He was powerless against this British man here and his accusations. I sugguest you stop changing definitions to try and make our player look like a racist Mr Uncle Tom or people will start to think you’re a blunt in disguise...

Edited by Rebowl Yell
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Mr Hooper said:

Judging by the tweets from Pearce, he isn't the brightest spark.

Fessi was also talking in SPANISH, so how Pearce thought he heard that word is beyond me.

This happened last season in the Merseyside Derby, someone said something in a foreign language and it was misinterpreted.

They've battered Fessi all game, he's lost his rag and snapped one of them from behind.

They've then made the situation 100x worse by HITTING him, and he's reacted again.

Fair enough, he shouldn't react, but they're just as bad as him here, if not worse for throwing the first punch.

Both teams should handle this in doors and put it behind them. And Pearce should take a long hard look at himself before accusing someone of that, if he's lieing, then that's not on at all.

Get called a n*gger or racially abused in a foreign language and believe me you know what’s been said. It’s not hard to make out or interpret. 

There’s also body language and facial expressions that come with it. Very strange. It’s almost like a look of disgust that you don’t see with any other insults.  

I’m not saying Fernando has done this by the way. Just easy for Pearce to see if he did. 

I’ll stand by him and even if he has said something racist it doesn’t make him a racist. In the heat of the moment people will say things they know will most upset/anger other people. A racist comment is the easiest thing to do. I’ve had it in the past in football and other situations. To me it doesn’t make them a racist. It makes them an idiot that’s made a racist comment. 

Also it seems like you’re really shifting the blame. I agree it should be dealt in house and avoid any problems if possible. If not and the accusations are true, he needs to apologise and take responsibility. 

I’m not sure if your ethnicity or background, but blaming them for throwing the first punch. If he did say what he was accused of you may not understand what it’s like to be racially abused. I can assure you it doesn’t even come close to any other insult in the way you feel it react.