Jump to content


@owlstalk

SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY MEMBERSHIP 2018/19 - VOTE NOW

SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY MEMBERSHIP 2018/19  

754 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts



 Memberships include:

•    A saving of £100 over the season on home fixtures - £5 discount per league game

 

Same as last season


•    Up to £180 discount in the Owls Megastore - Members receive vouchers for huge savings

 

No sane person will get close to using all these 


•    A saving of over £20 – new for 2018/19 is a Members Day fixture (Owls v Preston, 22 December) where all Adult Members can buy a ticket in any stand for jìust £10 

 

Would have been category G anyway, so only a £10 saving


•    A saving of £20 – a minimum of two designated double discounted fixtures offering members £10 off per game

 

Weren't multiple £10 savings promised last season when it went from £30 to £50?

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I recall Sky taking the pish with prices. I cancelled my account.

 

They never leave me alone now, begging me to come back.

 

It’ll never happen. Ever. 

 

Taking liberties only ends one way I am afraid.

  • Like 1
  • Agree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The way i see it, I can use that £90 towards the few matches i'll be able to afford to see this season.

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not only will the club lose out on loads of £50 renewals. It those that don’t renew will go to a lot less games. Me, my mate and 3 kids we take will not be renewing and we’ll end up at a lot less games. It’s mental

  • Like 1
  • Agree 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, hatcheeks said:

Not only will the club lose out on loads of £50 renewals. It those that don’t renew will go to a lot less games. Me, my mate and 3 kids we take will not be renewing and we’ll end up at a lot less games. It’s mental

Agreed. Its baffling how the club can alienate a whole group without too much thought apparently.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

90 flipping pound!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gutted I won't be part of the club this year for the first time since the early 90's as far as I can remember. £50 was a good deal with £5 off. 

 

No more.

  • Agree 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, 1963owl said:

whoevers priced this up need to have their head examined. We are meant to be encouraging POTG not driving them away.

Diane Abbott most probably :ghoulguy:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

 

The club read this site all day every day mate 

Then if they do and they read this - you should be embarrassed and ashamed. Treating the fans with utter contempt yet again, disgraceful.

  • Like 1
  • Agree 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This summer I decided not to extend my 3 year ST ,and let it run down ,so I'm going I to last season of it now.if the club continue to rip us off and take us for mugs I won't be renewing next summer and I will just pick and choose my games. 

  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, handworth52 said:

I don't know the figure of last season's membership but I'm sure at a wopping  £50 up from £30 3 years ago that less took up the membership . At £90 they be lucky to shift 200 I think. Chansiri what are you doing ? 

 

Does anybody know official sales figures for memberships last season? 

 

I would hazard a guess at about 2-3,000 based on walk ups etc. For DC to justify it on business grounds he must expect to shift at least half as many to make it pay. 

 

Not to mention  loss of revenue from people attending games on tip of entrance cost e.g. coffee, pint, pie (if any left).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, supersiggi said:

 

Does anybody know official sales figures for memberships last season? 

 

I would hazard a guess at about 2-3,000 based on walk ups etc. For DC to justify it on business grounds he must expect to shift at least half as many to make it pay. 

 

Not to mention  loss of revenue from people attending games on tip of entrance cost e.g. coffee, pint, pie (if any left).

It still doesn't work out right on business grounds.. 

Yes, agreed & using your basis above, lets say as an example that we did 2000 memberships last year @ £50 = that's £100 k and this season do half at 1000 @ £90 = that's £90k ...- Not much difference.

BUT, that's potentially UPTO 1000 less tickets sold online or walk ups on matchday due to lost members, plus if anything spent in the ground on drink/food/merchandise etc..

Just example figures. I can only assume he was hoping to get same(ish) amount of members & get more revenue but judging by peoples reaction, not a friggin chance.

It literally makes no sense , business or common !

 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mr Mercury said:

It still doesn't work out right on business grounds.. 

Yes, agreed & using your basis above, lets say as an example that we did 2000 memberships last year @ £50 = that's £100 k and this season do half at 1000 @ £90 = that's £90k ...- Not much difference.

BUT, that's potentially UPTO 1000 less tickets sold online or walk ups on matchday due to lost members, plus if anything spent in the ground on drink/food/merchandise etc..

Just example figures. I can only assume he was hoping to get same(ish) amount of members & get more revenue but judging by peoples reaction, not a friggin chance.

It literally makes no sense , business or common !

 

Coming from the team that gave us Club 1867 does that surprise you?

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

Coming from the team that gave us Club 1867 does that surprise you?

 

 

I would be a bit more forgiving to the people making these decisions if they were signs of them learning from their mistakes. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, pj owl said:

Like many are saying, a membership was a way of myself and my son, who live in Cambridgeshire, getting to a few more games than we might do due to the discount and also being able to get in behind ST holders for some of the larger allocation away games.

 

Reading many of the comments it appears that this is quite common for those that can’t afford a ST or can’t get to every game.

 

Have the club profiled members to  gain an insight into the reasons why people are members - if this forum is representative, clearly not.

 

it now means to make the membership financially viable, I will need to go to more games than I can afford (one of the major costs for members is probably fuel costs). The logic simply isn’t there and as a Business Manager for a multi million pound leisure organisation I am trying to see where the benefits are.

 

In a nutshell my son and I won’t be taking a membership this year which means we will go to less games - we’ll done SWFC 

Think you have nailed the views of a lot of members here. Constantly pushing people away from the club they love unless you buy a season ticket

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ex_retfordowl said:

Think you have nailed the views of a lot of members here. Constantly pushing people away from the club they love unless you buy a season ticket

 

Recipe for disaster.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ex_retfordowl said:

Think you have nailed the views of a lot of members here. Constantly pushing people away from the club they love unless you buy a season ticket

 

And some can’t justify buying one for various personal reasons that means they wouldn’t get VFM from the season ticket e.g. can’t attend all games as a result of distance / travel / work / carer committments

  • Like 2
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Those of us in business or advise businesses are struggling to understand the commercial logic for it for the very reasons stated. If you have a membership you are more likely to try and get the benefit from it.

 

If you can't see you will get benefit then you don't get the membership and you will pick and choose even more.

 

The plan to work uses fan loyalty as it's key assumption, but I just think this is getting tested more and more

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...