#SWFC MATCHDAY TICKET PRICES

Just now, rickygoo said:

Ever thought that's because it's the same oldshit from Chansiri. - but with a few less signings?

lol

People still moan about something if it was 20 quid a ticket

16 minutes ago, KivoOwl said:

Just like how people can't wait to stick up for the guy no matter what he does. 

And yes we are owed promotion. We pay extortionate prices - it's about time we were rewarded for it. 

Utter b0llocks

Any comment on George?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Walt said:

If those that turned up now and again have got out of the habit of going because of the sky high prices (or for other reasons) they may not even know when there's an offer on or more worryingly might not want to go at all.

May be correct, but for whatever reason they didn't turn up, they didn't turn up - i'm not having a go, i'm trying to give these prices a bit of logic

If they don't want to go at all - then it doesn't matter if they charge £5 or £50 to them - so really they are irrelevant 

Just now, rickygoo said:

But it isn't. It's £39 a ticket - for a 2nd Division match against Hull City. 

lol

Think we established that dont you

27 minutes ago, BIG D said:

Its fantastic what 'little old Huddersfield' have done but it's hardly the norm

Unfortunately spending your way into FFP restrictions/limitations without any on the pitch return seems to be.

People don't like to think in these terms because it goes against the traditional tribalism of supporting a football club, but we don't exist in a bubble. It's a competitive environment.

In my experience Wednesday have always been able to draw on a good sized support base from outside Sheffield, but we can't take that for granted. All of our local towns host league football (with the exception of Chesterfield who have only just dropped). Huddersfield are delivering Premier League season tickets for £60 more than our membership costs. The current Champions of England and one of the worlds biggest clubs are only a short drive over the Pennines away, both offering memberships that are vastly cheaper than ours with match day prices that are competitive. If you're from a family that traditionally supports Wednesday, from places like Pennistone or in the peaks or further North and East into Yorkshire.. you've got big competition for your time, money and support now. And even if you can't be swayed, what about your kids? And their mates?

And that mentions nothing of the fact we share our own City.

There's a bigger, long term picture here that I think is harmed immensely by just dismissing what clubs like Huddersfield are doing, or trying to pass off £90 a year membership, £45 POTG prices and £550+ season tickets as not a problem..

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, BIG D said:

Are the pay on the day prices the same as last year?

Price last season to watch Hull city at home

https://www.swfc.co.uk/news/2017/november/ticket-details-owls-v-hull-city/

Price this season to watch Hull city at home

https://www.swfc.co.uk/news/2018/july/ticket-details-owls-v-hull/

For me last season 339 this season £46 that an increase of £7 or 18%

1 minute ago, torres said:

May be correct, but for whatever reason they didn't turn up, they didn't turn up - i'm not having a go, i'm trying to give these prices a bit of logic

If they don't want to go at all - then it doesn't matter if they charge £5 or £50 to them - so really they are irrelevant 

DC obviously set the POTG prices high to get people to buy season tickets. It's worked. Where it fails is that you run the risk of losing the now and againers and what that could potentially entail further down the line. It's also risky in that if the season ticket holders refused to renew would they then pay the high POTG price...I wouldn't. As it stands DC is winning the gamble, another bad season and things may change. 

6 minutes ago, sheffield_dave said:

Unfortunately spending your way into FFP restrictions/limitations without any on the pitch return seems to be.

People don't like to think in these terms because it goes against the traditional tribalism of supporting a football club, but we don't exist in a bubble. It's a competitive environment.

In my experience Wednesday have always been able to draw on a good sized support base from outside Sheffield, but we can't take that for granted. All of our local towns host league football (with the exception of Chesterfield who have only just dropped). Huddersfield are delivering Premier League season tickets for £60 more than our membership costs. The current Champions of England and one of the worlds biggest clubs are only a short drive over the Pennines away, both offering memberships that are vastly cheaper than ours with match day prices that are competitive. If you're from a family that traditionally supports Wednesday, from places like Pennistone or in the peaks or further North and East into Yorkshire.. you've got big competition for your time, money and support now. And even if you can't be swayed, what about your kids? And their mates?

And that mentions nothing of the fact we share our own City.

There's a bigger, long term picture here that I think is harmed immensely by just dismissing what clubs like Huddersfield are doing, or trying to pass off £90 a year membership, £45 POTG prices and £550+ season tickets as not a problem..

Buy in advance cheapest ticket at the pigs for the first game is £27. It's £30 for Derby against Leeds for Lampard's first game.  Cheapest ticket at Villa £20.

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

For the first time in over 30 years i will not be at the first home game of the season, there are 6 of us and we sit on the South, but at £46 to watch a team that narrowly missed out on relegation last season is beyond a joke

In truth you won't actually be watching that team though

You'll be watching the team that Jos constructed that did an absolute sterling job

Dont' look at the Carlos period last season - that would drive anyone insane

Look at the fun that Jos brought and the goals and the new heroes

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

Buy in advance cheapest ticket at the pigs for the first game is £27. It's £30 for Derby against Leeds for Lampard's first game.  Cheapest ticket at Villa £20.

I'm not sure Villa are a good benchmark for a good financial model.. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Price last season to watch Hull city at home

https://www.swfc.co.uk/news/2017/november/ticket-details-owls-v-hull-city/

Price this season to watch Hull city at home

https://www.swfc.co.uk/news/2018/july/ticket-details-owls-v-hull/

For me last season 339 this season £46 that an increase of £7 or 18%

Categories though?

Just now, markowl said:

I'm not sure Villa are a good benchmark for a good financial model.. 

They are a good benchmark for a club desperate to raise cash by getting arsesonseats. The usual suspects will complain. The usual suspects will praise the strategy. It's that time of year again.