Steve Bruce

Guest Hillsborough Mole

2 hours ago, coopswfc76 said:

Well done lads glad you're happy we were crap for a while.

I still believe Jo's deserved every chance after the finish to that previous season no matter what unfolded.

He was and he failed

5 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Are you OK?

Seen you mocking certain posters on here the past few days, changing your avatar and negging their every post.

Now laughing at everyone who had the temerity to disagree or question you on something a year ago.  

Anyone would think you have never got anything wrong.

All seems a little bit juvenile for a grandad.

Calm down angry man...’Temerity’, you sound like Hastings from line of duty...

oh and it’s ok to admit you were wrong!

4 hours ago, fatzooma said:

Calm down angry man...’Temerity’, you sound like Hastings from line of duty...

oh and it’s ok to admit you were wrong!

Lost on me, don't watch line of duty.

Happy to admit I was wrong on Jos, though sacking him in July would have meant we would have another manager now, not Steve Bruce. Or do you agree with the OP that we should have broke the bank (even though it was already smashed to pieces at the time) to go for Bruce last summer and for some reason he would have decided to walk out on a team he had just taken to the play-off final at that time? 

3 hours ago, mkowl said:

Perhaps the neggers should be named and shamed

Why? What good would that do? Unless you're planning to quiz them and take out the hottest one, like on some cheesy TV dating show? :Sid:

We all get some things right or wrong, there's no point finding more ways to bicker among ourselves, like in the past, during the frustrating times. We should enjoy the ride and just be grateful, we've finally got a proven manager that knows what he's doing. Forget about Carlos and Jos, we've finally got a proper manager. Give him time and backing because we're fortunate to finally have a manager of his calibre. For once I'm looking forward to Wednesdays future genuinely optimistically, simply because of Bruce's appointment.

7 hours ago, coopswfc76 said:

Well done lads glad you're happy we were crap for a while.

I still believe Jo's deserved every chance after the finish to that previous season no matter what unfolded.

agree with this to be fair, we absolutely nailed the end of that season

Don't really get this mentality of "Let's go back to 11 months when people were trying to be positive and mock it". At the end of the day Jos deserved to start last season. He proved to be not fit for purpose and was removed from his position. End of.

41 minutes ago, The Night-Owl said:

Why? What good would that do? Unless you're planning to quiz them and take out the hottest one, like on some cheesy TV dating show? :Sid:

We all get some things right or wrong, there's no point finding more ways to bicker among ourselves, like in the past, during the frustrating times. We should enjoy the ride and just be grateful, we've finally got a proven manager that knows what he's doing. Forget about Carlos and Jos, we've finally got a proper manager. Give him time and backing because we're fortunate to finally have a manager of his calibre. For once I'm looking forward to Wednesdays future genuinely optimistically, simply because of Bruce's appointment.

Careful pal, some people will be photoshooting this in the hope they can bring it up in 12 months when Bruce has been sacked. UTO!

2 hours ago, OWL1969 said:

Careful pal, some people will be photoshooting this in the hope they can bring it up in 12 months when Bruce has been sacked. UTO!

They're welcome too but it's daft because we all make mistakes and sometimes get things right. It doesn't prove anything. We've also said and done daft things at some point. I had hoped Carlos and Jos were the real deal, although I was baffled by both appointments to be honest, they did win me over. I wanted them and us to do well but ultimately they simply weren't cut out for it. It's different with Bruce for me. Because from the start, I respected his appointment and thought we were lucky to have him. Hopefully he's the right fit and the one to eventually get us up. Our chances are a lot better with a manager like Bruce. I have more belief and trust in Bruce and believe in time he will get us up but if he doesn't for whatever reasons, I'll admit to being wrong but will still hope whoever is next will get us up.

• Like 1

Guest mkowl
7 hours ago, The Night-Owl said:

It wasn't a serious suggestion 

Guest mkowl
1 hour ago, mark.flem said:

Just goes to show this time last year Jos had made a decent start & we were satisfied as we are with Bruce.

I can't envisage the sort of dip we saw with Jos with Bruce in charge but lets just see what next season brings. 

It highlights one thing, football fans are fickle as anything. 

I just find it funny that in July 2018 the thought of Steve Bruce taking over from Jos seemed incredulous to many and by June 2019 it would seem incredulous not to think that way. 

By May 2020 it will probably be all change 

9 hours ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

Don't really get this mentality of "Let's go back to 11 months when people were trying to be positive and mock it". At the end of the day Jos deserved to start last season. He proved to be not fit for purpose and was removed from his position. End of.

Too many people with too little in their lives unfortunately ....

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, mkowl said:

It highlights one thing, football fans are fickle as anything. 

I just find it funny that in July 2018 the thought of Steve Bruce taking over from Jos seemed incredulous to many and by June 2019 it would seem incredulous not to think that way. 

By May 2020 it will probably be all change 

Steve Bruce becoming Wednesday manager last July should have seemed ridiculous, as he was Villa manager and would be for another three months.

There's no way we would have been able to get him as things stood at the time.

That circumstances then changed doesn't make the OP any less ridiculous in the context in which it was written.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Steve Bruce becoming Wednesday manager last July should have seemed ridiculous, as he was Villa manager and would be for another three months.

There's no way we would have been able to get him as things stood at the time.

That circumstances then changed doesn't make the OP any less ridiculous in the context in which it was written.

The OP 'laughing' at everyone who makes this observation doesn't make it any less valid, at least he is amusing himself though eh. Be nice if he could provide some reasoning as to why we would have been able to go for Bruce and why he would have joined us last summer......

This thread is priceless.

Some of the disparaging comments about Bruce are interesting to note.  It’s as though certain posters are incapable of giving credit where it’s due to other club’s players/managers.

Then less than 12 months later, they’re Bruce’s biggest cheerleader.  So fickle it’s laughable.

• Haha 1

On 17/06/2019 at 10:23, 33 said:

I wanted Jos Out after 45 mins of the opening game at Wigan and got slaughtered.

My dog could've picked a better line up and tactics that afternoon.

This. Up there with the 4-1 defeat at Coventry when the DeBilde goal was booed. 

The Wigan game and various others were dogger and his management style (or lack of) didn’t suit English football. But all this became apparent after July when the OP was made.

There was quite a bit of support for him on here given he was never truly wanted by some but I’m sure most would always take Bruce in a straight choice with no other factors.

After all, Luhukay was the Bundesliga imitation of Bruce/Colin wasn’t he. We have the authentic one now.